• OSU
    • Bama
  2. 2. How many TD’s will Fields throw?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6

29 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm still hoping Justin Fields makes a magical and special 2nd half comeback 

That's the way to start off a 2nd half opening drive. 

• A Lamar Jackson type of run. 

Next play?

• Beautiful lob passe with beautiful touch and with perfect location; TD. 

Down by 14 now. 

Lets go Ohio State D let's get this Fields kid the rock back. 

28 minutes ago, football guy said:

Fields is the same player tonight as he's been all season. If you liked him before you should still like him now. If you didn't like him before I wouldn't expect you to like him now. If you were in-between on him (not sold as a #2 pick), then you're probably feeling pretty validated that he's a questionable #2 QB. 

Any time someone tells you any different (i.e. Connor Hughes - who I really like - saying "the Jets will have to take Fields if he blows up against Alabama") doesn't know how scouts work. Businessmen GMs/ownership thinks that way, but scouts don't. Douglas's grade on Fields likely won't change. If he has a great 2nd half they'll have a blurb crediting his resilience in the scouting report, that's about it. 

What I don't like about Fields: He does not progress through his routes well. He doesn't keep his eyes downfield. He plays in an offense that doesn't require him to read the defense. The passing attack is "see-it, throw-it." His spiral is pretty slop. He doesn't throw well in the face of pressure. 

What I like about him: Really strong arm. Elite athleticism and balance. Toughness. Leadership qualities/intangibles. 

I've compared him to Marcus Mariota. The more I watch him I see something in-between he and Jalen Hurts. 

I'm not a die hard Fieldist... ?.. but this not a great assessment. The term "go through his reads" is something should be used less generously than it is. It's also a reflection of the offense and what he's asked to do. I've seen more than enough myth debunking about "going through their reads"... I learned my lesson with Mahomes who is by your measurement - worse than this at Texas Tech. 

Secondly, I think he's got far more naturally touch and vision than Mariota and definitely Hurts. Just MO

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Cp561 said:

The flip flopping from play to play on Fields is hilarious. The time from now to the draft is going to be excruciating lol, all the debating and waffling

He's obviously not 100%. You can see he's not following through properly and doesn't have full zip on the ball. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PS17 said:

This forum literally changes its mind every quarter. 

People who love Fields post a lot after he makes a couple of plays.  People who hate Fields post a lot when he misses a play.  Such a polarizing orospect.  An awful lot of "I told you so" whenever he plays.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, football guy said:

Fields is the same player tonight as he's been all season. If you liked him before you should still like him now. If you didn't like him before I wouldn't expect you to like him now. If you were in-between on him (not sold as a #2 pick), then you're probably feeling pretty validated that he's a questionable #2 QB. 

Any time someone tells you any different (i.e. Connor Hughes - who I really like - saying "the Jets will have to take Fields if he blows up against Alabama") doesn't know how scouts work. Businessmen GMs/ownership thinks that way, but scouts don't. Douglas's grade on Fields likely won't change. If he has a great 2nd half they'll have a blurb crediting his resilience in the scouting report, that's about it. 

What I don't like about Fields: He does not progress through his routes well. He doesn't keep his eyes downfield. He plays in an offense that doesn't require him to read the defense. The passing attack is "see-it, throw-it." His spiral is pretty slop. He doesn't throw well in the face of pressure. 

What I like about him: Really strong arm. Elite athleticism and balance. Toughness. Leadership qualities/intangibles. 

I've compared him to Marcus Mariota. The more I watch him I see something in-between he and Jalen Hurts. 

If he is Mariota then the Jets will have wasted their #2 pick just like the Titans did.

• Sympathy 1