1. 1. Will it be OSU or Bama?

• OSU
    • Bama
  2. 2. How many TD’s will Fields throw?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6

Just now, PS17 said:

I’m so sick of Alabama. College football is boring as hell. 

I wish the state of Florida didn't have 3 historical powerhouses in Seminoles, Hurricanes and Miami U. 

I wish all FSU/FL/MIA talent combined and only had 1 school. 

The State of Florida would then give Alabama a dog fight. Every year too. 

13 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He isn't throwing the same.

Ribs are a slow healing injury.

By this logic though, if he played well enough in the previous game immediately during and after the injury to throw 6 TDs, shouldnt he be able to do the same after a week of rest and healing? 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

No rotation in the hips on throws today.  Everything is all arm right now.

It’s painful watching him right now. He’s obviously not well. It’s amazing what adrenaline and a shot of cortisol will do for you at half time, but give it a week and you look like this. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

By this logic though, if he played well enough in the previous game immediately during and after the injury to throw 6 TDs, shouldnt he be able to do the same after a week of rest and healing? 

You ever get in a car accident?  You feel much worse 2-3 days later as the inflammation sets in and the initial adrenaline wears off

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

No.  Haven't you ever gotten a deep bruise?  It doesn't really hurt that much right away but a few days later, you can barely move.  That's pretty normal.  Short term adrenaline and you haven't started to really swell up yet.  And ribs are some of the most painful injuries.  He's not going to make excuses but it's pretty clear he's not the same guy right now.  Shame because it could have been a much more exciting game.

• Upvote 3

Just now, nycdan said:

No.  Haven't you ever gotten a deep bruise?  It doesn't really hurt that much right away but a few days later, you can barely move.  That's pretty normal.  Short term adrenaline and you haven't started to really swell up yet.  And ribs are some of the most painful injuries.  He's not going to make excuses but it's pretty clear he's not the same guy right now.  Shame because it could have been a much more exciting game.

It could have been a better game, but OSU can't stop Alabama's offense, even with 2 WR hurt.

• Upvote 1

Just now, chirorob said:

You ever get in a car accident?  You feel much worse 2-3 days later as the inflammation sets in and the initial adrenaline wears of

You know fully well that they were stabbing that kid with cortizone since 4pm today. 

I'll tell you one thing I took from this.  I am not against Najee Harris with the lower 1st round pick.  If Saquon Barkley was worth drafting at #2.  And so on for Fournette, Elliot and Gurley, how is this guy not worth it at #23?  He runs like a beast, catches like a WR, and does everything well.  Like some freaky combination of AP and Edgerrin James.

You want weapons?  This guy is a weapon.  He may not make it to #23 and he should definitely go ahead of Etienne.

• Upvote 3

Just now, nycdan said:

I'll tell you one thing I took from this.  I am not against Najee Harris with the lower 1st round pick.  If Saquon Barkley was worth drafting at #2.  And so on for Fournette, Elliot and Gurley, how is this guy not worth it at #23?  He runs like a beast, catches like a WR, and does everything well.  Like some freaky combination of AP and Marshall Faulk. 

You want weapons?  This guy is a weapon.  He may not make it to #23 and he should definitely go ahead of Etienne.

I have been wanting him with the Seattle pick for a while.

Good runner, big, with nice hands out of the backfield.   Something that any young QB can use.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Reminds me a lot of Dashaun Watson; does everything right, makes few mistakes, doesn't blow you away but wins. No idea if he winds up in green, but think he's going to be a good NFL starting QB. 

Watson is more of an athlete and a creator whereas Jones is more of a slow footed pocket passer with good footwork. But I get what you mean, they are both heady players 

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

You're right.

He's a frickin pu$$ who just sucks and should be 5th round draft pick.

Nobody said that.

Simply pointing out the complete hypocrisy of Jets fans and how they view virtually any player week to week, making excuses when it conveniently supports their guy. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Nobody said that.

Simply pointing out the complete hypocrisy of Jets fans and how they view virtually any player week to week, making excuses when it conveniently supports their guy. 

I don’t want Fields.   I want the left tackle.  Have you ever tried to play a sport with bruised or cracked ribs?   It's not easy.