1. 1. Will it be OSU or Bama?

• OSU
    • Bama
  2. 2. How many TD’s will Fields throw?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'll tell you one thing I took from this.  I am not against Najee Harris with the lower 1st round pick.  If Saquon Barkley was worth drafting at #2.  And so on for Fournette, Elliot and Gurley, how is this guy not worth it at #23?  He runs like a beast, catches like a WR, and does everything well.  Like some freaky combination of AP and Edgerrin James.

You want weapons?  This guy is a weapon.  He may not make it to #23 and he should definitely go ahead of Etienne.

Agree on all points.

His size, power, change of direction and receiving skills translate.

I'm nervous about DeVonta because of the size but there are receivers that have done it. We'll see how the process plays out for he and Chase.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'll tell you one thing I took from this.  I am not against Najee Harris with the lower 1st round pick.  If Saquon Barkley was worth drafting at #2.  And so on for Fournette, Elliot and Gurley, how is this guy not worth it at #23?  He runs like a beast, catches like a WR, and does everything well.  Like some freaky combination of AP and Edgerrin James.

You want weapons?  This guy is a weapon.  He may not make it to #23 and he should definitely go ahead of Etienne.

I have repeatedly have said he reminds me of A.Peterson.

Both were physical freaks coming out of high school as #1 receuit.  Both are big physical and fast.   

Just now, JTJet said:

Toradol, Cortisone, Who the **** cares what its actually called, you're side stepping the point. 

Screenshot_20210111-235823_Samsung Internet.jpg

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.  Keep digging in deeper though.  I know the difference between the two.  You don't. 

You also have obviously never had a shot of either. I have had shots of both, numerous times.

I'm not side stepping anything.  Just pointing out you don't know what you are talking about.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'd be fine with Harris with our second first rounder but he will fall a bit because of long speed, and that's only reason. He'll be a 4.5+ guy and that wouldn't stop me in heartbeat from drafting him.....he's dynamic and can do it all.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You clearly don't know what you are talking about.  Keep digging in deeper though.  I know the difference between the two.  You don't. 

You also have obviously never had a shot of either. I have had shots of both, numerous times.

I'm not side stepping anything.  Just pointing out you don't know what you are talking about.

Yes. You know everything grand master, while still completely side stepping what I said so badly I'm surprised you didnt sprain your ankle and need toridol yourself. 

33 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Mac Jones will go in the 1st round absolutely guaranteed. Complete lock

I'm guessing he's the 5th, possibly 6th QB off the board, but there are clearly more than that number of teams that will be looking QB so I suspect you are right.

JAX, NYJ, DEN, PIT, CAR, WAS, IND, ATL, NE just to name a few.  Jones is definitely enough of a prospect to appeal to a team in the 2nd half of the 1st round, which is great for us as it's one more player on the board for us at #23.  Depending on how fast they all get picked, we might even have some trade-down opportunities at #23 or #34.  I think once Jones and Trask are gone, the party is over so those last two are going to drive some interest.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m shocked at how OSU came out and tried to defend Bama’s offense.  Just an abysmal game plan.  Going with a 4-4 and playing man against Smith with no safety help was comical.  Those coaches never gave their kids a chance to succeed.   Sark, as usual, called a great game, but OSU made it so easy on him.   

Ryan Day was trying to repeat the tempo they used against Clemson and Alabama was ready for that. Losing Sermon on the first play didn't help either. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

Ryan Day was trying to repeat the tempo they used against Clemson and Alabama was ready for that. Losing Sermon on the first play didn't help either. 

Agreed, and they caught Bama a couple times with tempo.   I didn’t think the offensive game plan was that bad, but holy hell the defensive plan was comical.  

17 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Congrats!  Saban is on one hell of a run.  

Thanks but you know so much of it comes down to recruiting . I'm hearing that Bill O'Brien will be the new OC replacing Sark. Thank God, I was terrified that it might be Gase. 

9 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Thanks but you know so much of it comes down to recruiting . I'm hearing that Bill O'Brien will be the new OC replacing Sark. Thank God, I was terrified that it might be Gase. 

Being the OC at Bama is coaching rehabilitation.  Lol..   So many “troubled” guys go there to heal up and come out with head coaching jobs in a couple years.  Saban has a machine right now and it’s not going to get any easier to beat them.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m shocked at how OSU came out and tried to defend Bama’s offense.  Just an abysmal game plan.  Going with a 4-4 and playing man against Smith with no safety help was comical.  Those coaches never gave their kids a chance to succeed.   Sark, as usual, called a great game, but OSU made it so easy on him.   

Plane Jane high school zones.  Bizarre.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, cant wait said:

Why would they need to throw into tight windows if they don’t need to? Jones gets credit because he does what he’s supposed to. I see him as somewhere between Kirk Cousins and Brady- good decision maker who can spread it around if you give him a pocket and some weapons

They wouldn't. That's my point.

The level of execution required on the part of both passer and receiver is not nearly as high as that required to execute vs a PRO defense. So the evaluation is not as strong as it would otherwize be with tight coverage, heavy pass rush, tipped passes atnthe los,.. etc. I am not saying that the ALA dudes aren't good, because they are but in the absense of challenging defenses the game test is weaker and therefore less conclusive.

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Yeah, it was embarrassing. I turned it off after halftime. 400 yards of offense at half for the Tide, it wasn't going to get any better in the second half.