Pederson Fired in Philly

57 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

No one would want the Philly job. Guy wins a SB and 2 years later is canned because of his "vision for the team moving forward"??   

POLITICS=Wentz dilemna 

Pederson probably wanted to keep Foles over Wentz. They traded Foles.

Pederson wanted Hurts over Wentz...... Lurie/Rosman told him Wentz will be the guy in 2021.

Wentz is a poor teamate! That matters......

Bottomline, we will know real fast how close or how high a Doug Pederson is on Joe Douglas' list.  If it really was a very strong relationship as most are saying, there is NO way Douglas does NOT bring in Pederson for an interview and Pederson vaults to the top of the list.  There is no way Douglas is going to move on without doing so because he's interviewed a bunch of other coaches already and he's said to be "high" on any of them.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Well Sam Darnold, mono, loses toenail, sprained thumb, shouler injurie, AND Adam Gase.

Maybe Darnold is good after all based on this type of logic.

... really?

Again he just had 27-7 season last year under pederson. His peak season was 34-7. Also comparing the injuries is a joke. I can say as a physician tearing an ACL and MCL is way different than the list of maladies you listed for darnold. Also that’s not intended to be a major excuse but does explain the small blip post MVP season. Frankly excuses don’t need to be made because pederson had him performing at a pretty high level. Even if you only look at QBR like you did, 75 is elite quarterback play so 62-63 is not that far off. ESPN’s QBR might be the one of the more misunderstood statistics. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Pederson should be interviewed and compared to all the other candidates. If he seems like the best fit as far as a team manager/leader and in sync with JD than that is the way it would/should be.

There's a big difference between Pederson and the other candidates as far as the interview goes.  Douglas knows Pederson very well.  At this point he either wants him as HC, or he doesn't.   Not only that, but the Jets don't have to inform anyone about an interview.  Pederson is now a FA.

I suspect, if this goes down, it will go down very quickly unless the Johnson's get involved.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, flgreen said:

There's a big difference between Pederson and the other candidates as far as the interview goes.  Douglas knows Pederson very well.  At this point he either wants him as HC, or he doesn't.   Not only that, but the Jets don't have to inform anyone about an interview.  Pederson is now a FA.

I suspect, if this goes down, it will go down very quickly unless the Johnson's get involved.  

Don't blame Johnsons for wanting an interview. If only to say they talked to the dude before giving him $40M.

Man this is a tough one......

on one hand you have these up n coming exciting guys that want to move up the ladder but you really dont know if they will be successful. Might be, or it could backfire. Kinda like a pretty young chick From the Ukraine your excited to hook up with. Mysterious. Unknown. Fresh. 

On the other hand you have the freshly divorced woman. Titties are a bit saggy, not as interesting, but she did raise some nice kids So she has to be at least a good mom but if she was such a good mom why the divorce?

i dont know i am torn

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

As much as we talk about his relationship with him,  JD must have relationships with many people in the Eagle organization.  He should be able to get both sides of the story and have a better take on what happened.    He could be much closer to someone on the inside than he is with the coach.

Just now, prime21 said:

As much as we talk about his relationship with him,  JD must have relationships with many people in the Eagle organization.  He should be able to get both sides of the story and have a better take on what happened.    He could be much closer to someone on the inside than he is with the coach.

It is pretty clear- This was a battle between Roseman and Pederson, and Pederson lost. 

Pederson wated to name his own assistants. Roseman wanted that ok.

Wentz is Roseman's hold onto the franchise, and he got thrown asunder by Pederson. 

Roseman won. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Man this is a tough one......

on one hand you have these up n coming exciting guys that want to move up the ladder but you really dont know if they will be successful. Might be, or it could backfire. Kinda like a pretty young chick From the Ukraine your excited to hook up with. Mysterious. Unknown. Fresh. 

On the other hand you have the freshly divorced woman. Titties are a bit saggy, not as interesting, but she did raise some nice kids So she has to be at least a good mom but if she was such a good mom why the divorce?

i dont know i am torn

Well, you sold me.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is pretty clear- This was a battle between Roseman and Pederson, and Pederson lost. 

Pederson wated to name his own assistants. Roseman wanted that ok.

Wentz is Roseman's hold onto the franchise, and he got thrown asunder by Pederson. 

Roseman won. 

Roseman always wins. Dude must be a shrewd little weasel.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

i think that like you said JD know who Pederson is , so if there is an interview its just a formality to let CJ meet Pederson

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

What does "disrupt" mean? 

Like, is he merely saying that Pederson suddenly being available won't keep the Jets from interviewing everyone they were going to interview?

OR, is he saying that the Jets are so high on their existing candidates that they won't even interview Pederson? 

Just now, slimjasi said:

What does "disrupt" mean? 

Like, is he merely saying that Pederson suddenly being available won't keep the Jets from interviewing everyone they were going to interview?

OR, is he saying that the Jets are so high on their existing candidates that they won't even interview Pederson? 

I think they're saying he will be added to the mix, not stop the process with the other candidates. Still think they get him in quickly. Can always just say "the schedule worked out" if pressed on whether he's the favorite.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

What will YOU do if Joe Douglas does NOT hire Doug Pederson? 

I think I will survive, which was the point of the post.  Not sure what your angle is here...

If Douglas wants him and Douglas views what happened in Philly being a complete aberration and something that Pederson did not have control over, he will be at the top of the list.  If Douglas is also high on other candidates and there is somebody else they've looked at and feel is a better fit, and if what happened in Philly, Douglas views that as a negative, then I trust it.

My spidey senses tell me Pederson is going to be strongly considered and Douglas is going to at least bring him in for an interview.  If he doesn't, we will know quickly that Douglas and Pederson may not be as close as some have suggested.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I think they're saying he will be added to the mix, not stop the process with the other candidates. Still think they get him in quickly. Can always just say "the schedule worked out" if pressed on whether he's the favorite.

Agreed. 

Will be very curious to see how interested the Jets are in Pederson. Douglas knows a lot about that organization and what could have happened.