Pederson Fired in Philly

19 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Yes, after he got his head smashed.   

ok. So you have a qb that "got his head smashed". You would think the coach would try to protect him. Particularly with a bad line in front of him.

What does Pederson do? Pass at the 8th highest ratio in the league. Eschewing the run, when he has a very good back in Miles Sanders, and could help keep the heat off the QB.

You are making a good point. But it incriminates Pederson again.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Lets drop our whole process and grab him.  hiring a recently fired coach went so well the last time.  and hiring a recently fired eagles coach i can't even stomach to mention...

At least he’s not in the same division 

22 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

I think I will survive, which was the point of the post.  Not sure what your angle is here...

No angle, it's just you said, "there is no reason we should not want Pederson," which to me says Joe Douglas better hire Pederson to be the Jets head coach. Right after that you said in Joe Douglas you trust. As for myself, I don't think it's some lock that Joe Douglas will hire Doug Pederson. He may want to hire his own guy instead of the guy his former boss Howie Roseman hired. In fact I think one of the field of candidates JD has or will interview is more of a lock to be the Jets next head coach than Doug Pederson is. In Joe Douglas I trust.

First and foremost, anyone that compares Pederson to Gase should be banned. It’s disrespectful to even think it. I now local high school coaches that are better than Gase. 

Anyways, if you’re against Pederson, that’s fine but he should not be on the bottom of anyone’s list. He took a team, that was STARVING for a super bowl for decades and won against the New England Patriots. A team that seemed like it was cursed. Sounds familiar? 

Everyone mentions Frank Reich and I’m a huge fan of him but what’s his record as head coach in the playoffs?  

Wentz was not only a poor teammate but he has not been the same since his injury. Add that awful offensive line and lack of weapons and that explains all the failure you need to know about their offense. 

I will not be upset if Pederson is our head coach. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

So we finally can snag a guy that’s one it all, knows what it takes to build the winner, and is waaay better an offensive strategist than Gase will ever be.

The guy did his franchise a huge one and now gets to fall on his sword. I’m so sorry it hurt players’ collective feelings but that game meant zero to the Eagles football team.

If the game was played at 1pm , it would have been a thing of the past by now.

anyway their loss is our gain.

SIGN HIM!

2 hours ago, JetsRay said:

To be hired for the job they are in, they were fired from a job they had previously!

Huh?  You do realize quite a few of the current HC's in the league (including ones in the postseason) have never been fired before, right?  They worked their way up to their positions.  They weren't fired from somewhere else.

21 hours ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

I was hoping for a new coach with fresh ideas. I would rather have Daboll/ Smith/ Salah. I want a coach with fresh fire to win the Super Bowl.  Pederson team was on the decline and a mess.

Fresh ideas like what? News flash: every team’s playbook has the same plays in it. Some just dial them up at different times than others, and they have different personnel who don’t execute them with the same efficiency. No one’s going to have fresh ideas, with plays no one’s ever seen designed or called before because they're just old fuddy-duddies.

The last really unique new thing I remember was Chip Kelly having his offense rush to the line every down so plays could be called at the line from the eye in the sky after seeing what the D was doing. It made Foles look like the most efficient passer of all time when the protection was there and made Sanchez look decent for a short bit after that, but it had downside, like they were also dead last in TOP by a couple minutes over the 2nd worst so the D was winded. But it was new and a good way to hide an inexperienced (Foles) or outright stupid QB (Sanchez). 

Not all that glitters is gold.

Pederson isn’t an old coach coming back after years out of the league. He was a winning coach with a backup QB and also with another who apparently fumbles often enough you’d think it was the play that was called in. The line collapsed, their old receivers were old and injured, their GM drafted busts to replace the, and Wentz’s production plummeted along with it. Doesn’t make him a bad coach any more than Reid when he was also a 4-game winner before getting fired by Philly.

The Jets could do a lot worse. They have done a lot worse for several years. 

• Upvote 3

Pederson knew the current QBs were not a good match for his system; so he got himself fired hahaha. That is just my opinion. Now, he could start fresh perhaps? On a team like the Jets? We seen how amazing his offense looks with a precise deep ball passer. Foles is by no means a all-time great QB, but having a good deep ball, and a system that compliments that, made him look all-world.

Doug may be looking at getting his own QB. My thing is, who drafted Carson? Wasn't he there? Maybe ownership controls the draft? He never looked like a guy truly invested in Wentz.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It is being reported Pederson may take time away from the game and not coach in 2021. 

I saw that. I think that’s more so posturing himself as well. Eagles really F’d him by waiting this long. Teams are already neck deep in their process so I’m wondering if he’s just trying to save face 

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

I saw that. I think that’s more so posturing himself as well. Eagles really F’d him by waiting this long. Teams are already neck deep in their process so I’m wondering if he’s just trying to save face 

What does your source say on the matter 

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

If i were a conspiracy theorist:

jd: “ok man just say you need a lil time to reflect.... ive got others to interview ....but then it will be you and these bald Playboys will do as i say”

I think it's more of "I am not desperate and not going to accept any weak ass offer that comes through the door."