Pederson Fired in Philly

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

I don’t follow the eagles but I suspect wentz has a little tannehill in him and is a bit of a punk.  He needs to be knocked down a bit before he starts to understand what it takes to win.

Pederson wasn't the problem in Philly and he would fine here as the Jets HC too.....

• Upvote 3

On one hand, I remember two years ago when we looked at Adam Gase' playoff appearance and the thought that he would be an improvement over Todd Bowles (Gase generally beat Bowles).  We saw how that ended up.

But Pederson property supported would likely put the Jets in a better direction than Biennemy and likely Daboll.  We have seen Pederson's record as a HC in the NFL, and it is pretty good.

But I guess my other question is how much did JD's drafting in Philadelphia pollute the water there and make it harder for Pederson to succeed.  I think Dillard was a JD pick.  

14 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

We need our boyz @Mogglez and @football guy on the case asap.

The last I heard about Pederson was back around October/November-ish, and I was told to watch what happens in Philly because Douglas and him have a close relationship.  However, after today, I have heard absolutely nothing that would indicate that he’s automatically jumped to the top of the list.  Based on what I have heard about some of the other candidates though, I’d actually be a little surprised if they threw all that work out to hire Doug.  

We’ll see.  There are some local Philly guys saying that he may not want to coach at all this season.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The last I heard about Pederson was back around October/November-ish, and I was told to watch what happens in Philly because Douglas and him have a close relationship.  However, after today, I have heard absolutely nothing that would indicate that he’s jumped to the top of the list.  Based on what I have heard about some of the other candidates though, I’d actually be a little surprised if they threw all that work out to hire Doug.  

We’ll see.  There are some local Philly guys saying that he may not want to coach at all this season.

Any word on how some of these other candidates interviewed?

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The last I heard about Pederson was back around October/November-ish, and I was told to watch what happens in Philly because Douglas and him have a close relationship.  However, after today, I have heard absolutely nothing that would indicate that he’s automatically jumped to the top of the list.  Based on what I have heard about some of the other candidates though, I’d actually be a little surprised if they threw all that work out to hire Doug.  

Thank you!

13 hours ago, JetsRay said:

To be hired for the job they are in, they were fired from a job they had previously!

Thats not true in the slightest. Pretty much every single first time head coach voluntarily left their coordinator position, on their own, to become the HC of another team. 

Your statement is literally only true when a team hires someone with previous head coaching experience, which is not the case most often. Most of the time lately new HCs are coming from successful coordinator positions with other teams. 

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

HC checklist I've read here ad nauseum:

• Prior HC experience (especially in the NFL, as long as his first stint wasn't disastrous e.g. Gase), so it isn't someone who ignores half his football team while focusing on his comfort-zone side
  • Prior successful HC experience (postseason NFL wins in particular)
  • This prior + successful HC experience should be pretty recent, so it isn't someone who hasn't coached in years whom "the game has passed him by" or something
  • From the offensive side of the ball (in theory, even if we suck & still lose, at least it'll be fun watching the Jets score points for a change)
  • Prior OC experience
  • Play calling experience, should it become necessary to take over that responsibility himself
  • Prior QBC experience not needed, but definitely a plus if it's someone who's worked with directly helping his QBs & really understands the position in detail
  • Looks good in a banana hammock
  • Not someone the owners force onto the GM
  • Someone who shares the same philosophy as the GM, and they're clearly on the same page with one another

Seems to me Pederson checks off just about all of the above. Amazingly he's fired right after we fire Adam Gase, with Pederson-buddy Douglas leading the HC search, and the same people who badly wanted the above list checked off are instead more in favor of the next coordinator on the off-chance the Jets will attract the 1 in 5 (if it's even that high) such hire who'll succeed with staying power. 

Doesn't mean he's 100% the best possible HC we could hire. But he's better than anyone I expect the Jets to hire otherwise, so I'm behind this hire as much as I could be behind anyone. IMO Pederson has the highest floor among the high-ceiling (i.e. SB potential) candidates the Jets are going to get. And FFS he has more in common with Reid as a hire than he does with Gase or Kotite or any other similarly silly comparisons. 

BUT... Is he a "CEO Leader of men" coach? 

Honestly I think you left off no less than 10 of JN's potential coach requirements. As someone else pointed out, I believe in this thread, the HC that meets all the demands of people on this board just doesnt exist. 

15 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Who wants Peterson???!!!  We need a new coach who has won at least three Supe Bowls and has been in the playoffs EVERY year!

Jets fans are the 300 lb incel rejecting girls if their dimples aren't exactly the same size.

• Haha 1

This is one of the ten things that we speculated.  Pederson wanted Hurts so they fired him.  

A Pederson hire makes us respectable again and that's a huge step in the right direction.

If he wanted Hurts, maybe he'll want Fields too, instead of our guy - Wentz-lite