Do you want Doug Pederson?

slimjasi

Do you want Doug Pederson to coach the Jets?   

202 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Doug Pederson to coach the Jets?

• No
    • Yes

4 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

If you watched the AFC WC game on Saturday - Reich is no mastermind at all. His decision making in that game was nothing short of mindboggling.

Seriously, what has frank reich done in indy? Put together a couple of marginal teams and needed to bring in Philip rivers because he was completely wrong with brissett? 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Reportedly he’s being fired because owner and GM want to fire some of his asst coaches and he isn’t in agreement. 

That and the PR nightmare that was Sunday. Its a joke. The eagles GM should be the one getting fired, they are in cap hell and can't draft WRs to save their lives. 

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

No offense, but that seems like a lazy comparison. I like him, but is he really the best candidate for the Jets job right now? I guess we'll see what JD thinks. 

Yes of course he is. 

15 year NFL QB

Super bowl winning HC

Almost got to NFC championship last yera

Most innovative and aggressive decision maker in football 

Built an awesome staff - Reich as an example

Dealt with QB injuries every year 

What on earth does Robert Saleh have on this guy

GET REAL 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That's one way of framing it.

Another is that since losing Reich he's 22-25-1 as the team has steadily declined and the locker room turned on him.

Because of last weeks Washington game?  What if IF he was told to lose to secure the #6 pick? 

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That's one way of framing it.

Another is that since losing Reich he's 22-25-1 as the team has steadily declined and the locker room turned on him.

Most of that record is from this lone season and I could easily make the argument that this is what lead to that steady decline:

Players were also telling management and ownership they wanted him to stay and were aware that Sudfeld was playing Week 17.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

That and the PR nightmare that was Sunday. Its a joke. The eagles GM should be the one getting fired, they are in cap hell and can't draft WRs to save their lives. 

Which some are speculating now and last week he was directed to lose. Don’t know if true

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Most of that record is from this lone season and I could easily make the argument that this is what lead to that steady decline:

Players were also telling management and ownership they wanted him to stay and were aware that Sudfeld was playing Week 17.

So you don't think he bears responsibility for the decline of Carson Wentz from MVP candidate to "2nd worst QB in the NFL literally only ahead of Sam Darnold?"

As it turns out, going 2-14 really dragged down Gase's record this year too.

Actually, now that I think about it. Since he already has a good relationship with his would-be GM unlike the relationship with Roseman which is the reason why he's gone from philly...this could be genius, and he's ballsy af. IDK man, if I was JD I wouldn't just toss the other candidates to the side though...

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Roseman has been Maccagnanesque in recent years, just an absolute train wreck.   I wouldn’t be surprised if Pederson went into that meeting drunk yelling Jewish slurs at Roseman just so he could be fired.  Philly is in for a tough, long rebuild.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So you don't think he bears responsibility for the decline of Carson Wentz from MVP candidate to "2nd worst QB in the NFL literally only ahead of Sam Darnold?"

weanponz?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Beat Patriots in super bowl with Nick foles

Made Carson wentz look like mvp one year.

Jalen hurts looked good at end of year

Knocked Giants out of playoffs in heart breaking vindictive, douchebag way.

How is he not everyone's#1 choice?

People love being miserable. Pederson should he at the top of JD's list.

• Upvote 4

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I think the fact that he was able to make Hurts look really good almost immediately after inserting him says to me that Carson’s decline is more mental and on him than anything else.  There were reports that Carson is also an arrogant player who would constantly ignore the play call that came in which led to mistakes and a breakdown in their relationship.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

I don’t think for sure Douglas will make the move, but it without a doubt changes things. I think there’s a strong chance Pederson becomes the HC and brings Press Taylor along with him. He’ll be deliberate, and I think a hire will be made without bias, but it’s not often you get an opportunity to work with people you know who you also won a Super Bowl together. 

One thing that Douglas and Pederson and Taylor share are a strong working relationship, and unlike other candidates, Douglas can be a little more involved with Pederson on what his thoughts are/what he sees as the right moves for the staff without overstepping (think for the defensive side of the ball). 

Douglas is close with Press and thinks he’s a hell of a coach (even if he’s not a great play-caller). I had been told that months ago, so I had him as a surprise candidate in my early mocks before the season started.

Personally, I wouldn’t be crazy about the hire. What I want to know is if Pederson tanking was a Howie call or a Pederson call.  

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

People love being miserable. Pederson should he at the top of JD's list.

Jets fans would turn a 9 down because they're holding out for the one 10 in the county to dump her millionaire boyfriend and ask them out.

• Haha 1

We’ll we are finally here everyone, we will now see what the next 5 years of Jets football will look like. We will see what we have in our GM with 2 key moves Joe Douglas makes:

1. The coach he hires

2.How they figure out the QB situation.

Lets hope JD is a analytics heavy GM and has some type of common sense. We have been plagued by idiotic general managers forever.

Lets pray Joe Douglas is different  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think the fact that he was able to make Hurts look really good almost immediately after inserting him says to me that Carson’s decline is more mental and on him than anything else.  There were reports that Carson is also an arrogant player who would constantly ignore the play call that came in which led to mistakes and a breakdown in their relationship.

Am I missing something?

image.png.c21c853030f5ddbc78ec27fab6594cce.png