Do you want Doug Pederson?

Do you want Doug Pederson to coach the Jets?   

193 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Doug Pederson to coach the Jets?

• No
    • Yes

17 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Exactly. Offensive minded HC who has had the highest level success in NFL. Still young, calls his own plays, has worked with the GM - how is Pederson not #1 on the wish list?

16 minutes ago, PS17 said:

He checks off every box on the wish list, yet the majority of fans here don't want him. Don't get it. 

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

SB championship - check

Bold playcaller - check

Relationship with JD - check

It's probably happening, folks.

Pederson would be a great hire.  One drawback for hiring him is his interest in continuing to coach football.  In his book Fearless, written in 2017, he mentions that he could see himself coaching for another 8-10 years.  He may have changed his mind since then but people that love football tend to stay in it as long as possible and won't usually put a time to it.  

Douglas has said before that he wants players who love football.  The same would probably hold true for the next head coach.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% yes, not seriously considering Pederson is INSANITY.  12 years as an NFL QB Drafted and Groomed wentz Won super bowl with backup QB Won playoff game last year Has dealt w

Beat Patriots in super bowl with Nick foles Made Carson wentz look like mvp one year. Jalen hurts looked good at end of year Knocked Giants out of playoffs in heart breaking vindictive,

Eagles fans also ran Andy Reid out of town. They are morons. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Pederson would be a great hire.  One drawback for hiring him is his interest in continuing to coach football.  In his book Fearless, written in 2017, he mentions that he could see himself coaching for another 8-10 years.  He may have changed his mind since then but people that love football tend to stay in it as long as possible and won't usually put a time to it.  

He's 52 now.  Being a NFL HC is a massive time investment(80-90 hour weeks, 11 months of the year). I can understand not wanting to do that at 70. I really don't see that as being an issue.

• Upvote 2

The fact that a schism with ownership developed as Wentz regressed, makes me wonder what role Pederson played in the decision to sign Wentz to a big deal. Was Pederson for it? Against it? He had to have input as far as his views on how good Wentz can and will be. How pissed would you be if you owned a team, signed a QB to a big deal based (in part) on the HC telling you he is a franchise QB, and than the HC benches the supposed franchise QB? 

They can talk all they want about what assistant coaches are hired, but IMO the origins of any conflict Lurie had with Pederson is Wentz-centric. 

• Upvote 1

Pederson clearly lost a power struggle with Howie Roseman and clashed with him.

I'm curious what that means for his relationship with Douglas, who clearly worked for Roseman. I wonder if the relationship is as much of a positive as everyone is claiming.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, SR24 said:

What else do you have besides Super Bowl winning coach? Eagles just launched their super bowl winning coach because he lost the locker room and their QB regressed to an alarming level. No thanks 

WTF?  What the hell else is there?  What other criteria do you want to use to hire a coach?  How well he can evaluate the flight crew?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

One reason I feel good about this is that Douglas knows a lot about all of the personalities in Philly. He's going to be able to diagnose what went down there better than any of us can. 

It will be very telling to me if he passes on Pederson. 

Very fair point!

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

One reason I feel good about this is that Douglas knows a lot about all of the personalities in Philly. He's going to be able to diagnose what went down there better than any of us can. 

It will be very telling to me if he passes on Pederson. 

That, or Pederson decides to take a year or so off from coaching to reflect.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Healthy split so far - majority of us say NO

The question is:  is there any coach out there where your statement wouldn't be true?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
1 minute ago, addage said:

The question is:  is there any coach out there where your statement wouldn't be true?

Good question. 

Probably very few. 

I think Campbell might have been an exception. 

1 minute ago, addage said:

Nope. Every candidate would have >50% against. People form their opinions and they stick with them until the end.

2 hours ago, QB1 said:

100% yes, not seriously considering Pederson is INSANITY. 

12 years as an NFL QB

Drafted and Groomed wentz

Won super bowl with backup QB

Won playoff game last year

Has dealt with Wentz injuries for years 

Bad year during covid when his QB decided to forget how to play

He is getting fired for the PR backlash of the Sunday night game 

This is the miracle we have been waiting for. 

Thing is once Frank Reich left as his OC 2 things happened. 

1. the Eagles often hasn’t looked as good

2. the Colts look good  even with sub par qb play

I’m not sold on Pederson as a must sign but I wouldn’t want to burn it down like I did when they announced the my were interviewing Gase

Was always impressed with Doug in this video. The "Philly Special" was not his idea. He was about to call a different play. But Foles made a suggestion and Pederson thought about it and agreed.  No pride of ownership there. In the Super Bowl. A lot of coaches would let their egos get in the way. Especially in that situation. By comparison, this year our QB wasn't even allowed to call audibles.

2 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Nonsense...why not call Tom Flores and Parcells then..they're still around.

Yes, 52 year old Pederson, 79 year old Parcells, and 83 year old Flores  - same thing

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Nonsense...why not call Tom Flores and Parcells then..they're still around.

I'd take Bill Parcells in a nano second.  I just know he's retired and past his coaching days.  Poor analogy!

2 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Sure. I don't want a promoted coordinator who will be learning on the job. Pederson did a good job with the Eagles - a lot of the faults lie with Lurie's puppet Roseman.

I mean they passed on DK Metcalf to take JJ Arceca-Whitehead and Justin Jefferson for Jaleon Reagor...  So there is a solid argument in there.  I trust JD

Lol just remember most these head coach experts on this board wanted McCarthy.. Pederson is fine coach. If thats who JD wants im Cool with it . In fact the only head coach i wouldn't want is Marvin Lewis.  These rest of these guys all have flaws but also bring some good things to table . But there is no perfect candidate. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

WTF?  What the hell else is there?  What other criteria do you want to use to hire a coach?  How well he can evaluate the flight crew?

Nick Foles won a super bowl should we bring him in to be the QB? Pederson lost the locker room and Carson Wentz regressed to a trashcan level this year. Why would we hire another coach who lost his locker room and didn’t develop his QB? 

I'm a no. 

He had one year of absolute success followed by a series of lackluster years. His team never seemed to have much of a plan and he failed to develop Wentz. If anything, Wentz got worse with time. The NFCE was also a terrible division all the way around during his years as HC. 

The next HC needs to be somebody who can develop a young QB whether it is Darnold or somebody else. Pederson has shown he isn't that coach.

3 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

I'm done with retreads

The only retread Jets have hired since Parcells was Gase. You really want to put our success rate with first-time HCs up against that?

• Upvote 1

Wentz is the PROBLEM in Philly. Entitled douchebag that got paid too soon, lost the lockerroom, can't stay healthy,  and plays like a scared little girl when rushed. 

Pederson is getting the axe because they can't sh*tcan Wentz without a massive hit. 

He SHOULD get consideration, and I wouldn't gnash my teeth if we hired him, but doesn't mean he's #1 on the list. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Wentz is the PROBLEM in Philly. Entitled douchebag that got paid too soon, lost the lockerroom, can't stay healthy,  and plays like a scared little girl when rushed. 

Pederson is getting the axe because they can't sh*tcan Wentz without a massive hit. 

He SHOULD get consideration, and I wouldn't gnash my teeth if we hired him, but doesn't mean he's #1 on the list. 

Shh... nothing is the QB's fault in Jets land.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol just remember most these head coach experts on this board wanted McCarthy.. Pederson is fine coach. If thats who JD wants im Cool with it . In fact the only head coach i wouldn't want is Marvin Lewis.  These rest of these guys all have flaws but also bring some good things to table . But there is no perfect candidate. 

Lemme ask you a question...Had they hired McCarthy, does Darnold forget how to play Football, and are we dealing with trying to deal a completely broken QB and restart the clock with another rookie 1st rounders?

I personally doubt it. 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

The only retread Jets have hired since Parcells was Gase. You really want to put our success rate with first-time HCs up against that?

Gase sucked- No retreads

Bowles sucked- No inexperienced coordinators

It's like some people just want to be all on the "See, I hated that hire bandwagon" before the coach is even hired. 

• Upvote 1