Do you want Doug Pederson?

slimjasi

Do you want Doug Pederson to coach the Jets?   

202 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Doug Pederson to coach the Jets?

• No
    • Yes

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Lemme ask you a question...Had they hired McCarthy, does Darnold forget how to play Football, and are we dealing with trying to deal a completely broken QB and restart the clock with another rookie 1st rounders?

I personally doubt it. 

Have you seen the cowboys under McCarthy? And tbh sam trash . I dont think anything would of change that. Turnover machine in college carried over to pros. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Gase sucked- No retreads

Bowles sucked- No inexperienced coordinators

It's like some people just want to be all on the "See, I hated that hire bandwagon" before the coach is even hired. 

Just recency bias. Of course, Woody suffers from that also. Every HC since Parcells has been the polar opposite of the one before. He's like a drunk driving home on an icy road over-correcting from shoulder to shoulder.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You realize that logic would have prevented the Patriots from hiring Bill Belichick and we never would have hired Parcells? 

Retreads to me are those coaches that were on the downslide.  Not coaches that were winners and left.  Belichick is the only example I can think of, but he also had many many years under Parcells before he had another HC gig.

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's the worst potential realistic hire, IMO. 

He's this year's McCarthy, made his name on the achievements of others, has overseen a sinking ship.

I'm thinking of what happened the last time we hired a coach that had just been fired...

Anyone with half a brain understands Pederson is a better coach than Gase but the hesitancy is hiring a coach who's two QBs are sick of him and lost his locker room after Adam friggin Gase.  I could be wrong but I don't remember a player every saying anything bad about Andy Reid. I bet the same people ignoring red flags about Gase are doing the same now.....not to mention half the fan base will instantly hate him when they realize he goes for it on 4th and 2 point conversions every time. lol

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

Anyone with half a brain understands Pederson is a better coach than Gase but the hesitancy is hiring a coach who's two QBs are sick of him and lost his locker room after Adam friggin Gase.  I could be wrong but I don't remember a player every saying anything bad about Andy Reid. I bet the same people ignoring red flags about Gase are doing the same now.

With Gase, I was more hoping, but very hesitant. Don't feel that way about Pederson. 

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Frank Reich was the guy there. As soon as he left things started to fall apart.

Eagles fans were lining up to drive this guy to the airport and he's completely lost the locker room.

I really think this would be a Gase/Kotite level hire.

You could be right. I have mixed feelings about Pederson. He could be Gase but he could also be Andy Reid (who Eagles fans were also desperate to get rid of)

Bottom line for me - I trust Douglas on this one - he knows more about Pederson than any of us. He also knows Roseman and Lurie - he will get both sides of the story. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

With Gase, I was more hoping, but very hesitant. Don't feel that way about Pederson. 

There's more upside but there's also a high probability of a complete disaster that not ignoring doesn't make you stupid.....it's far from a no brainer hire that some are making it out to be.

47 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Untitled9.thumb.jpg.f7901491d30879893b04c5a3dfb075e7.jpg

I wonder how many of those 86 people would welcome Rex Ryan back with open arms?

Probably around the same percentage that said YES? 

I voted NO and don't wouldn't want any part of Rex either so I don't get the correlation.

12 minutes ago, undertow said:

Anyone with half a brain understands Pederson is a better coach than Gase but the hesitancy is hiring a coach who's two QBs are sick of him and lost his locker room after Adam friggin Gase.  I could be wrong but I don't remember a player every saying anything bad about Andy Reid. I bet the same people ignoring red flags about Gase are doing the same now.....not to mention half the fan base will instantly hate him when they realize he goes for it on 4th and 2 point conversions every time. lol

I think that is a very important thing for JD to consider. I am sure he should be able to gauge how the league and especially the players feel about Pederson. I can’t deny his accomplishments but if players don’t want to players or believe in their head coach, well we seen that before.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, undertow said:

not to mention half the fan base will instantly hate him when they realize he goes for it on 4th and 2 point conversions every time. lol

Someone said it before. He coaches like he's playing Madden. Unnecessarily reckless. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Adam Gase never lost the locker room 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You seemed to intimate that the people who voted "yes" on wanting Pederson were more likely to want Rex Ryan back, which infers that Rex Ryan is the same caliber HC as Doug Pederson. Correct me if I misinterpreted and that's not what you were suggesting.

My initial post was slightly tongue-in-cheek and showing curiosity if any of the people who think Doug Pederson would be a bad choice are the same who want Rex Ryan back, because those people do exist.

42 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You seemed to intimate that the people who voted "yes" on wanting Pederson were more likely to want Rex Ryan back, which infers that Rex Ryan is the same caliber HC as Doug Pederson. Correct me if I misinterpreted and that's not what you were suggesting.

My initial post was slightly tongue-in-cheek and showing curiosity if any of the people who think Doug Pederson would be a bad choice are the same who want Rex Ryan back, because those people do exist.

I legitimately did not see the correlation. 

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It’s nice to see that with the passage of time Adam is getting this kind of positive recognition.  

SAR I

A fired Jets HC usually only need wait until about 20 games into his successor’s tenure for the rehabilitation to begin.

14 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The fact that a schism with ownership developed as Wentz regressed, makes me wonder what role Pederson played in the decision to sign Wentz to a big deal. Was Pederson for it? Against it? He had to have input as far as his views on how good Wentz can and will be. How pissed would you be if you owned a team, signed a QB to a big deal based (in part) on the HC telling you he is a franchise QB, and than the HC benches the supposed franchise QB? 

They can talk all they want about what assistant coaches are hired, but IMO the origins of any conflict Lurie had with Pederson is Wentz-centric. 

Pederson has a losing record without Reich

Wentz regressed hard under him last season and a big reason was the stupid decision to draft Hurts. 

I know it’s inevitable that JD hires him but holy cow is this not a good move