OT: Rangers vs Islanders

Bronx

Rangers have plenty of offensive talent even today and more than that if you measure the potential for improvement of our young players.

The next step for the Rangers will be to get stingier on defense across the board and maybe a little tougher.

• Upvote 2

Oddly the Islanders are almost a mirror image of the Rangers in terms of being a high-grittiness, lunch pail, blue collar, you name it type squad who grind opponents down and wear them out over the course of a series.  Not that the Islanders have no talent but it seems to be that they built from the ground up with a no superstars type philosophy

Interesting matchup

I am more interested in their last regular season game of the year (going into the playoffs) more so than I am their first.

Both teams have top end talent. Rangers have allot of youth and more coming up the ranks, with a ton of potential. The Islanders have a 4th line that can really impact a game and set the tempo. The goaltending is interesting too, both teams have tandems that can start and win. Rangers moving on from Hank is a big one, Igor has huge skates to fill. This season is going to be brutal and the Rangers vs Islanders rivalry is alive and well again.

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

TBH I think we are a year or two behind where the Islanders are right now. Sucks

I am certainly not going to argue with you, but with all of the young talent you guys have, I think your ceiling for the next 5 years is higher than ours.  

• Upvote 1

Season preview right here in these first two games.  I think the entire division is strong and our teams are going to be beating on each other all year long.

Happy about the Rangers win but both games were far from time-capsule material TBH.

Finally managed to get off the PP Schneid which was a good way to end the game I thought.

• 4 months later...