What has to happen in tonight's game to make you.....

Mo Lew

6 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

jump on the Devonta Smith bandwagon and draft him at #2?  10 for 180 and 3 TDs? 

We need a playmaker like this.  Have the Jets ever had a wr of his caliber/skill set?

We always suck we might as well be entertaining.    

He needs to convert to QB and throw over 30 passes with a 70% completion rate for over 400 yards and at least 2 TDs.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

jump on the Devonta Smith bandwagon and draft him at #2?  10 for 180 and 3 TDs? 

We need a playmaker like this.  Have the Jets ever had a wr of his caliber/skill set?

We always suck we might as well be entertaining.  

Thing is - if we're NOT taking a QB at #2, someone else is.... the 0% reason to stay at #2 and take Smith (and i've been leaving dirty kleenex around the house in his name for 2 years)... you trade back and take him., 

• Upvote 4

Justin Fields would have to crap the bed to get me on any other bandwagon right now.

Then I think I'd be on the Sewell bandwagon next.

Why?  Because WR is the one position we can absolutely fix in FA.  Allen Robinson.  Sign him and drafting a WR becomes a luxury, not a necessity and not something I'd pass up on QB or OL for at that point.  If we aren't able to bring in ARob or maybe JJSS or Godwin, then sure, I'm in on Chase or Smith.

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Justin Fields would have to crap the bed to get me on any other bandwagon right now.

Why?  Because WR is the one position we can absolutely fix in FA.  Allen Robinson.  Sign him and drafting a WR becomes a luxury, not a necessity and not something I'd pass up on QB or OL for at that point.  If we aren't able to bring in ARob or maybe JJSS or Godwin, then sure, I'm in on Chase or Smith.

Get Arob too.  Get Davis with the 23rd and Harris with 2nd rounder.  Give Sam a chance with good weapons and an actual HC.  

If he fails we have 2 firsts next year.  I'm sure there will be another generational prospect.  

• Thumb Down 2

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

15 years together and you’re telling me it’s all been for nothing. 

Empirical evidence would suggest the opposite 

31 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

What has to happen in tonight's game to make you.....jump on the Devonta Smith bandwagon and draft him at #2?  10 for 180 and 3 TDs? 

He needs to grow an inch and add 20 lbs of muscle before kickoff.

I mean is 6'2" 200 lbs. too much to ask for a WR at #2?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

15 years together and you’re telling me it’s all been for nothing. 

Empirical evidence would suggest the opposite 

Do you think ARI is upset about their FA WR pickup this season?
BUF doesn't seem sad about what they spent to get Diggs.
And Landry hasn't hurt CLE.

When you pick better guys than Derrick Mason, Curtis Conway or Justin McCareins, you can absolutely solve the problem.

Heck, I'd take Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marshall or Eric Decker again right now and it would drastically improve our situation.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I do love the idea of Sewell.

Becton at right tackle, Sewell at left tackle.  Sign one of the guards for left guard.   Move our center to right guard, draft a center in the 2nd or 3rd, and bamn.    Elite O Line for several years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

There’s nothing he can do for me to get on that bandwagon and I’ve liked him since last year when he popped more than Jeudy and Ruggs.

I’m indifferent between Chase, Smith, and Pitts. So if we are not going QB (not what I want) then I would want us to trade back and grab the best guy who’s left of those 3.

Taking a non-QB at #2 doesn’t seem like a good idea. 

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

He's doing just that for you.

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

Do you think ARI is upset about their FA WR pickup this season?
BUF doesn't seem sad about what they spent to get Diggs.
And Landry hasn't hurt CLE.

When you pick better guys than Derrick Mason, Curtis Conway or Justin McCareins, you can absolutely solve the problem.

Heck, I'd take Braylon Edwards, Brandon Marshall or Eric Decker again right now and it would drastically improve our situation.

Hopkins wasn't a free agent pickup.

If you're talking about FA's, you need to present FA WR's, not guys who were acquired in trades.

This year might be a bit different because of the horrible cap situations around the league, but in any other year, no, you can't fix WR in free agency.

• Upvote 1