5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Fields has more in common with Jones, Barrett and Haskins than same school 

Same offensive system

basically same coaching staff

All had stacked supporting casts

Right, losing Urban Meyer didn't affect the staff at all. You should call the Jaguars ownership and let them know before they start paying Meyer 10 million dollars a year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leave it up to JD. 

This board has gone from heart broken we missed out on Trevor to worried Jax may take Fields sticking us with Trevor to thinking Fields sucks all in the span of like 10 days.

Agreed 100%.   I wasnt necessarily disappointed by Fields yesterday strictly because that Bama team is ridiculous and you could see that the Ohio St. was a little bit limited in play calling because o

Posted Images

15 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Ok Tony. Just FYI.....everyone knew Matt Campbell wasn’t coaching the jets...hold the Pulitzer. 

LOL- sure...just look at the responses on the forum.  But pleeze- continue to beclown yourself.

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

Right, losing Urban Meyer didn't affect the staff at all. You should call the Jaguars ownership and let them know before they start paying Meyer 10 million dollars a year. 

Urban Meyer Is a Proven Winner... People will be surprised with Jacksonville. 

38 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Urban Meyer Is a Proven Winner... People will be surprised with Jacksonville. 

Oh, I agree with you. I wanted the Jets to sign Meyer months ago, I was responding to the other individual who was arguing that Ohio State barely had a change in coaching after Meyer left. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Oh, I agree with you. I wanted the Jets to sign Meyer months ago, I was responding to the other individual who was arguing that Ohio State barely had a change in coaching after Meyer left. 

gotcha 😉

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Fields has more in common with Jones, Barrett and Haskins than same school 

Same offensive system

basically same coaching staff

All had stacked supporting casts

I'm not sure where you're going with this.  
If stacked supporting casts is a negative, then Mac Jones should be undraftable.  And Trevor Lawrence should be dropped a few rounds as well.  

On the same note, my understanding is Clemson and OSU both play a spread style offense.  So did Texas Tech when Mahomes was there (Air Raid is a form of spread).

Also, Day wasn't even there when Jones and Barrett graduated.  So the coaching staff overlap seems a bit thin.

I feel like there's a lot of effort to lump Fields into the "Bad OSU QB" group.  But there really isn't much fact to go on here.  Offensive system is about it and a lot of schools use the same one and turn out competitive QBs.  Other than that, you could probably argue that Lawrence and Fields have more in common than Jones/Barrett and Fields.

I keep wondering ... how many threads are possible proclaiming the 2nd coming from the same sources???

Trade down.. take Wilson .. why is the title of this thread Justin Fields and not ...

What do you want to do with the 2nd pick ???

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...
On 1/11/2021 at 10:55 PM, football guy said:

I'm really excited to read the excuses for Fields when he's the 4th QB off the board. 

Could end up being the best thing for his NFL career anyway

Bump

On 1/11/2021 at 10:56 PM, slimjasi said:

Ok, so I would love to take your money.

how much would you like to wager that he is among the top 3 QBs taken? 

you got venmo? 😉 lol I really wish I was more steadfast in this bet

• Haha 3
26 minutes ago, football guy said:

Bump

you got venmo? 😉 lol I really wish I was more steadfast in this bet

Well, I'm glad we didn't set a price. 

The NFL continues to overthink QB . . .

Just remember that Josh Allen was the 3rd QB taken in 2018 and Lamar Jackson was the 5th  . . . 

26 minutes ago, heymangold said:

going away just like your TLaw in Jets uniform avatar

Yeah I’m just lazy . But at least didn’t spam the board with a player we were never taking 

42 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Well, I'm glad we didn't set a price. 

The NFL continues to overthink QB . . .

Just remember that Josh Allen was the 3rd QB taken in 2018 and Lamar Jackson was the 5th  . . . 

Haha I’m just ******* around. I agree that nfl overthinks things, but I just hate the landing spot for Fields man. I don’t like that fit at all

• Upvote 1
Just now, football guy said:

Haha I’m just ******* around. I agree that nfl overthinks things, but I just hate the landing spot for Fields man. I don’t like that fit at all

I actually agree, and to be honest with you, I have warmed up to Wilson quite a bit. I had barely watched film on him until these past two months. He has ridiculous arm talent and seems like a really bright, mature kid with a great upbringing. 

I heard McShay last night (I think?) saying that Douglas was blown away by Wilson's ability to recall details of specific plays throughout his career and that got me excited because it reminds me of what people said about Mahomes.