Daboli or Pederson

Bronx

10 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Personally I was Daboll. 

no matter what him getting away from Buffalo will be big for the division I think as well. 

That thinking worked well during the Brady dynasty.

I don't know if Daboll will be a good head coach or not but too many people think he will be because of this season which was his first good season as an offensive coordinator in 7 seasons as an OC.  Also, while he had time to coach elsewhere he does come from the Belichick coaching tree which has not been a success in the NFL.  

I'm not saying he'll suck but he's far from a sure thing.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Pederson has a SB trophy as the HC. For the first time in a long time the Jets can hire a proven head coach with a ring as opposed to a guy who needs time to learn.

And yet there are questions about him.  Its not cut and dry.  

It also might help his consideration for the job if he is actually interviewed.

Apparently the eagles record is reflective of a declining talent base. Apparently roseman hasn’t kept the cupboard very full so Pederson suffers from some of the same problems Rex had over his last two seasons.  He should receive some attention even though the jets are apparently reviewing the coaches they just interviewed.

• Upvote 2

When you can have a good OL, that opens up so much in the offensive game. You can run behind Sewell/Thuney/Creed/McGovern/Becton. (You can also fill in another OG that was drafted if he beats out McGovern. You can pass behind that line, you can do creative things when you have a good line. Unlike being blown up at the point of attack. Not saying that we stick with Darnold, but there is no need to pick Fields at #2. We do need Robinson, and another WR in the draft to go along with Mims... I believe we can get away with the RB's already on our team, because the holes that that line would open up could be huge.

This is not the time to waste #2 on a QB you HOPE will pan out.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

When you can have a good OL, that opens up so much in the offensive game. You can run behind Sewell/Thuney/Creed/McGovern/Becton. (You can also fill in another OG that was drafted if he beats out McGovern. You can pass behind that line, you can do creative things when you have a good line. Unlike being blown up at the point of attack. Not saying that we stick with Darnold, but there is no need to pick Fields at #2. We do need Robinson, and another WR in the draft to go along with Mims... I believe we can get away with the RB's already on our team, because the holes that that line would open up could be huge.
This is not the time to waste #2 on a QB you HOPE will pan out.
Awesome post.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Apparently the eagles record is reflective of a declining talent base. Apparently roseman hasn’t kept the cupboard very full so Pederson suffers from some of the same problems Rex had over his last two seasons.  He should receive some attention even though the jets are apparently reviewing the coaches they just interviewed.

And is this because Douglas left two years ago?  It seems like a cause and effect to me

1 hour ago, KRL said:

And is this because Douglas left two years ago?  It seems like a cause and effect to me

Maybe although we don’t know the inner workings of the eagles and just what Douglas was responsible for during the draft and free agency.  IMO, if Douglas and pederson got along then he could be the next jets coach.  If they didn’t then it could be a reason for them not interviewing him.

3 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Personally I was Daboll. 

no matter what him getting away from Buffalo will be big for the division I think as well. 

This seems like some sort of strange prayer. The guy hasn't been successful until this year. It's a lot easier to gameplan when you have the offensive line, top 3 (4?) receivers and the QB that Buffalo has this season. Bills fans wanted the guy fired in the offseason. 

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

That thinking worked well during the Brady dynasty.

I don't know if Daboll will be a good head coach or not but too many people think he will be because of this season which was his first good season as an offensive coordinator in 7 seasons as an OC.  Also, while he had time to coach elsewhere he does come from the Belichick coaching tree which has not been a success in the NFL.  

I'm not saying he'll suck but he's far from a sure thing.

Belli coaching tree recently has been full of hits...Vrabel, Flores, Judge to a certain extent at least seems to know what he is doing. Not saying the trend continues, but its certainly not the negative trend it once was.

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

Belli coaching tree recently has been full of hits...Vrabel, Flores, Judge to a certain extent at least seems to know what he is doing. Not saying the trend continues, but its certainly not the negative trend it once was.

Vrabel never coached under him

Flores is 0 for 2 making the playoffs, successful coaches usually make the playoffs by year 2

Judge was 6-10, he had a first season worse than Gase had here in year 1

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

Vrabel never served on BB's coaching staff in any capacity.

• Upvote 1