Daboli or Pederson

Bronx

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

That thinking worked well during the Brady dynasty.

I don't know if Daboll will be a good head coach or not but too many people think he will be because of this season which was his first good season as an offensive coordinator in 7 seasons as an OC.  Also, while he had time to coach elsewhere he does come from the Belichick coaching tree which has not been a success in the NFL.  

I'm not saying he'll suck but he's far from a sure thing.

Belli coaching tree recently has been full of hits...Vrabel, Flores, Judge to a certain extent at least seems to know what he is doing. Not saying the trend continues, but its certainly not the negative trend it once was.

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Vrabel never coached under him

Flores is 0 for 2 making the playoffs, successful coaches usually make the playoffs by year 2

Judge was 6-10, he had a first season worse than Gase had here in year 1

Fair point on Vrabel, but Flores and Judge still seem like legit coaches to me.

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I like Judge, but he went 6-10 in one of the worst divisions since divisional play was reformatted in 2002. I'm not giving him bouquets for still being in contention on week 17

I cant argue against that, I just think it will take time considering how poor a team the giants were going into the season. Not saying he's a hit at this point, just that i wouldnt be surprised if he ends up a decent to good coach based on what ive seen.

Belli busts like Patricia, Weiss etc were in over their head immediately. Dont get that feeling with Judge or Flores.

• Upvote 1