Daboli or Pederson

Bronx

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Vrabel never coached under him

Flores is 0 for 2 making the playoffs, successful coaches usually make the playoffs by year 2

Judge was 6-10, he had a first season worse than Gase had here in year 1

Fair point on Vrabel, but Flores and Judge still seem like legit coaches to me.

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I like Judge, but he went 6-10 in one of the worst divisions since divisional play was reformatted in 2002. I'm not giving him bouquets for still being in contention on week 17

I cant argue against that, I just think it will take time considering how poor a team the giants were going into the season. Not saying he's a hit at this point, just that i wouldnt be surprised if he ends up a decent to good coach based on what ive seen.

Belli busts like Patricia, Weiss etc were in over their head immediately. Dont get that feeling with Judge or Flores.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

I cant argue against that, I just think it will take time considering how poor a team the giants were going into the season. Not saying he's a hit at this point, just that i wouldnt be surprised if he ends up a decent to good coach based on what ive seen.

Belli busts like Patricia, Weiss etc were in over their head immediately. Dont get that feeling with Judge or Flores.

I think there's something to be said about Special Teams coordinators and translating into good HCs. Only two people address the entire team. The Head Coach and the ST coach.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And yet there are questions about him.  Its not cut and dry.  

It also might help his consideration for the job if he is actually interviewed.

Everyone has questions about them. Yeah, an interview or offer of such is always a good start. Recruiting must suck right now. "Bob, would you like a contact-less lap dance, the stripper is in a full body latex suit that they wipe down after every dance so you're good. Yeah Bob, I know, the 6' plastic wall between you and them does indeed take away the charm".

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But the NY media LOVES him, lol. 

Never seen a more celebrated 6-10 coach in NY. 

I thought he did a decent job but they were all 1-7 then finished 6-10, Gase was 1-7 then finished 7-9 his first season and Gase was skewered while Judge celebrated.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I thought he did a decent job but they were all 1-7 then finished 6-10, Gase was 1-7 then finished 7-9 his first season and Gase was skewered while Judge celebrated.

Gase's perception was hurt by several lopsided and/or embarrassing losses early in his tenure (two blowout losses to the pats - one on national tv, a blowout loss in philly, a blowout loss to the browns on national tv, and a loss to the previously winless dolphins), but I agree with you. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Eh, 10-6 makes the playoffs most years, conference was unusually strong. I think Flores has shown enough in a short period of time to suggest he knows what he's doing.

Flores is fine.  Problem is Tua is a glorified Jay Fiedler 

On 1/13/2021 at 4:45 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Eh, 10-6 makes the playoffs most years, conference was unusually strong. I think Flores has shown enough in a short period of time to suggest he knows what he's doing.

It didn't this year.  Find me the successful coach that missed the playoffs their first 2 seasons?

Remember, Todd Bowles missed the playoffs at 10-6 too.