52 year anniversary of SBlll

Jetlife33

31 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

We are now only two years away from matching the Rangers (1940-1994) as the standard in New York sports futility.

55400657-850x560.jpeg

That Rangers win in '94 was so satisfying it's made me not need them to win another Cup.  I had tickets, I was there, it was magical.

That's all I want for the Jets.  Just give me one Lombardi and I'm good.

SAR I

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

55400657-850x560.jpeg

That Rangers win in '94 was so satisfying it's made me not need them to win another Cup.  I had tickets, I was there, it was magical.

SAR I

That’s all I want. 1 to watch a win with my dad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

What was once a source of great pride has become the saddest day of the year.

Take nothing away from what Sauer and Snell did that day.  It's just a stark reminder of our futility.

SAR I

This is ridiculous.  I was 9 years old and remember the game and the day well and was beyond thrilled and that thrill comes back every time I watch/read/hear/talk about the game.  It is and will always be a great memory. For you to denigrate the day is just so .......you.  My guess is you do not remember the game/were not born yet. Too bad for you, but don't take away from those of us who do.

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This is ridiculous.  I was 9 years old and remember the game and the day well and was beyond thrilled and that thrill comes back every time I watch/read/hear/talk about the game.  It is and will always be a great memory. For you to denigrate the day is just so .......you.  My guess is you do not remember the game/were not born yet. Too bad for you, but don't take away from those of us who do.

2.jpg

1.jpg

I bought these years ago as a source of pride.  Now they just make me sad. 

SAR I

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

What was once a source of great pride has become the saddest day of the year.

Take nothing away from what Sauer and Snell did that day.  It's just a stark reminder of our futility.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

2.jpg

1.jpg

I bought these years ago as a source of pride.  Now they just make me sad. 

SAR I

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

55400657-850x560.jpeg

SAR I

Thank God I got to see that, it's all I ever wanted.

But now I want another one. ?

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

55400657-850x560.jpeg

SAR I

I recently removed my JETS license plate frame, golf head covers etc and replaced with Rangers .   The Johnsons have beaten the hope out of me.  

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I recently removed my JETS license plate frame, golf head covers etc and replaced with Rangers .   The Johnsons have beaten the hope out of me.  

The Yankees and Rangers are executing professional rebuilds, much faster than originally thought possible.  I wish the same for the Jets, but I'm not sold that Douglas can be mentioned with Cashman, Gorton, or Davidson just yet.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

I'm happy for old Fans who were around when SBIII was played, but I'll be honest with you....

.....it means close to nothing to me.  It's not my team, not my lifetime, it's history, not pride or special for me.

It's hard to feel, to own, something that occured years before you were born, much less before you were a Fan of that team.

So congrats to those who lived it, I can only imagine how special that must have been.

Me, I want MY special.  I want what the Nats gave me in 2019, but I want it from the Jets.  My Super Bowl, from my team.  

58 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm happy for old Fans who were around when SBIII was played, but I'll be honest with you....

.....it means close to nothing to me.  It's not my team, not my lifetime, it's history, not pride or special for me.

It's hard to feel, to own, something that occured years before you were born, much less before you were a Fan of that team.

So congrats to those who lived it, I can only imagine how special that must have been.

Me, I want MY special.  I want what the Nats gave me in 2019, but I want it from the Jets.  My Super Bowl, from my team.  

I completely understand.  Waiting and suffering 52 years is no treat either. I was 9  when they won SB III.  It's not like I knew the game like I do now after 52 more seasons.  I was just upset with SAR - in his ridiculous style - denigrating the win. It happened, it was great, it was epic, and it changed football.  But its been too long.  And this is coming from a Mets and Islanders fan . I've lost interest in Pro Basketball.  I've been waiting 35 years for any of my teams to win a championship in any sport.  

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I was just upset with SAR - in his ridiculous style - denigrating the win.

It is not the win I denigrate; it’s the constant reminders that this is the only bright moment in franchise history.  And that’s not something to celebrate after half a century.   

SAR I