Fields played with a hip pointer

QB1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

I guess while watching him against Clemson everyone forgot when he, most likely, broke his ribs on an illegal hit as well.

for having a busted thumb, ribs and hip I think he did well against what people think could be the best Alabama team ever.

No don't you see, perfection is required at every stop. No excuses. That is why the Jags are passing on Lawrence, his performance in the title game was unacceptable. 

• Sympathy 1

Doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, Joe Douglas feels he already knows what these prospects are. That’s why he made it a point to say the bulk of the scouting was already complete. 

If JD already had him as his QB 2 that didn’t change last night, imo Fields would’ve had to really wet the bed, have multiple turnovers last night to change anything. 

24 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, Joe Douglas feels he already knows what these prospects are. That’s why he made it a point to say the bulk of the scouting was already complete. 

If JD already had him as his QB 2 that didn’t change last night, imo Fields would’ve had to really wet the bed, have multiple turnovers last night to change anything. 

Didn't you get the memo? Justin Fields sucks after a sub-par night but Darnold may still be a stud after 40 of them.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, QB1 said:

was obviously limited yesterday. You could tell by the lack of RPO and general hesitance to run. He was throwing with all arm, no hip rotation. 

Who cares? QBs play with injuries in the NFL literally ALL the time. IMO he is just not the guy, in no way do I see his game translating to the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, QB1 said:

was obviously limited yesterday. You could tell by the lack of RPO and general hesitance to run. He was throwing with all arm, no hip rotation. 

Excuses, excuses He was straight up GARBAGE last night just like he's been in a few others. Tell take sign of a vastly overrated prospect.

• Thumb Down 2

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

... but if you are too hurt to play ... you dont play

What if you're still the best option the team has, even if you're hurt?  

Should the team play a materially worse player instead, or play the hurt guy?

I think we're all adult enough to factor "Player X was hurt during game Y" into an overall player evaluation.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What if you're still the best option the team has, even if you're hurt?  

Should the team play a materially worse player instead, or play the hurt guy?

I think we're all adult enough to factor "Player X was hurt during game Y" into an overall player evaluation.

60% of Fields was probably better than 100% of whomever the backup is.

4 hours ago, QB1 said:

Is that worse than having the shoulder on your throwing arm separated and playing anyway?