So are you still comfortable with Fields or Wilson?

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Let me start off by saying I absolutely  do not want Wilson. He played low level competition  and had shoulder surgery. As far as Fields, I was high on him after the Clemson game but his WR's were not getting separation from Alabama DB's and he had trouble completing passes

Right now I am fine passing on all these QB's and continue building the OL as well as taking some DB's. I really don't  see these QB's as difference makers. I will say I was impressed with Fields accuracy somewhat. 

both will be done with pro ball once their rookie contracts run out.  possibly even before that. 

there was always one clear choice at qb in this draft and the jets blew it straight out their asses... 

fields and wilson are table scaps... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2

I get the stance of Wilson playing a low level of comp.. But you could make the same argument about quarterbacks like Josh Allen and Carson Wentz (before he forgot how to play football)? Sam had his chance to show the flashes necessary and he didn't IMO. At least not enough to justify the raise he will be due after this year. If we stick it out with Sam for 1 more year there is no guarantee that we will be picking high enough to draft a QB next year. I think we need to draft a QB just to restart the time table. Trade Same for a 2nd and build the team with a QB on a rookie contract. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Yes to both. Not taking a QB is just shockingly dumb.

darnold has greater potential than both the two qb draft table scraps, fields and wilson.  i would not even waste a 3rd round pick on those busts who are just waiting for the right sucker to come along and take them high in the 1st round

if the new hc realizes darnold's unique strengths and is able to actually design a fitting offense, the jets can do quite well with sam.  

they need a modern version of the 1980's redskins offense and sam will be a premier qb. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 2

2nd pick Sewell, 23rd Harris or the best available WR.  Go all in on offense in the draft and free agency and lets see what we got....If Darnold sucks again at least when we draft a QB next year we can develop him the proper way with talent around him and protection.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Let me start off by saying I absolutely  do not want Wilson. He played low level competition  and had shoulder surgery. As far as Fields, I was high on him after the Clemson game but his WR's were not getting separation from Alabama DB's and he had trouble completing passes

Right now I am fine passing on all these QB's and continue building the OL as well as taking some DB's. I really don't  see these QB's as difference makers. I will say I was impressed with Fields accuracy somewhat. 

I trust JD but I’m also fine with continuing to build the oline and the overall team especially if we trade down you can plug in a lot of holes quicker and cheaper 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm comfortable with Fields, not so much Wilson but if you're giving me a choice between him and Darnold, I'll take my chances on Wilson. 

That said, I guarantee this team builds around Sam Darnold because Jets.

Agreed. I have this aching feeling that Darnold will get one more chance even if he doesn’t deserve it.

12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I watched a Chiefs game where Mahomes threw two bad picks - he sucks now. 

Do you actually believe this comment brings anything to the table.  Why don't you actually try to make a point instead of wasting everyones time and killing threads.

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, jazy8 said:

I get the stance of Wilson playing a low level of comp.. But you could make the same argument about quarterbacks like Josh Allen and Carson Wentz (before he forgot how to play football)? Sam had his chance to show the flashes necessary and he didn't IMO. At least not enough to justify the raise he will be due after this year. If we stick it out with Sam for 1 more year there is no guarantee that we will be picking high enough to draft a QB next year. I think we need to draft a QB just to restart the time table. Trade Same for a 2nd and build the team with a QB on a rookie contract. 

I agree we need to move on from Sam for more reasons than restarting the clock but this draft is loaded with quality OL prospects. I think with the OL the Jets have now we need a QB that performs at a very high level constantly but look at the Browns. Baker is arguably  not much better than Sam but he has an OL that gives him all day to throw. The OL can make up for deficiencies  you might have at QB.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm comfortable with Fields, not so much Wilson but if you're giving me a choice between him and Darnold, I'll take my chances on Wilson. 

That said, I guarantee this team builds around Sam Darnold because Jets.

If we didn’t change coaches and our current GM drafting him I would say 101% yes. Me thinks if we do stick with Sam next year it might have more to do with how Joe Douglas feels about James Morgan than he does Sam Darnold. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

darnold has greater potential than both the two qb draft table scraps, fields and wilson.  i would not even waste a 3rd round pick on those busts waiting for the right sucker to come along.

if the new hc realizes darnold's unique strengths and is able to actually design a fitting offense, the jets can do quite well with sam.  

they need a modern version of the 1980's redskins offense and sam will be a premier qb. 

After seeing Darnold play this past season, we need a QB if not this draft, the next. It would be a miracle if Darnold improved to the point you are talking about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If we're holding off on drafting a rookie quarterback until we find one that is near-flawless, we're going to be waiting a while.

Allen had question marks on his accuracy. Watson didn't have enough zip on his throws. Mahomes didn't see the field quickly. Wilson was only ever going to be a back up, etc. 

Nearly all of the most efficient QBs in the NFL had kinks in their games in college. Fortunately for them, they landed in the right environment, got coached up and excelled. 

Coaching matters. Who we choose to become our next head coach is a far bigger decision than who we draft at 2.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Do you actually believe this comment brings anything to the table.  Why don't you actually try to make a point instead of wasting everyones time and killing threads.

If I'm wasting your time then don't read it plain and simple.  And yes I believe the comment brings to light the ludicrous flip flopping that posters have in reaction to one game. The guys great draft him at #2, he has a bad game move on, he beats Clemson, man what if Jax wants him, then a down game against Bama , he's not worthy of the #2 pick.  If you can't understand what the point is then ?‍♂️.

5 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Yea lets dump Fields because he had a better performance in the title game than Lawrence did last year. This fanbase boggles the mind. 

We just saw what Fields is going to see all day in the NFL. Tight coverage.  Alabama receivers were wide open all day but that was not the case for OSU. Fields had trouble completing passes. He missed 7 in a row at one point. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

We just saw what Fields is going to see all day in the NFL. Tight coverage.  Alabama receivers were wide open all day but that was not the case for OSU. Fields had trouble completing passes. He missed 7 in a row at one point. 

Lawrence has had worse stretches, and he didn’t have the injury excuse. Whatever 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If we didn’t change coaches and our current GM drafting him I would say 101% yes. Me thinks if we do stick with Sam next year it might have more to do with how Joe Douglas feels about James Morgan than he does Sam Darnold. 

I agree with this. I think that JD really likes Morgan, and he will get a shot to be the guy next year.