So are you still comfortable with Fields or Wilson?

More Cowbell

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is basically where I'm at 100%. I smell big bust potential with Wilson. But I see bust realization with Darnold. So if forced to choose, I take probable-bust (my opinion) over proven-bust any day.

This is where I’m at except with Fields. I think Wilson’s got the goods. I think Fields is ridiculously talented but I don’t think he’s put it together yet and maybe he won’t. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Snell41 said:

No, taking a QB that’s not a franchise level prospect at 2 overall is shockingly dumb. That’s how you end up with guys like Trubisky. Fields is not a franchise level QB, neither is Wilson. Darnold has proven he isn’t either don’t get me wrong, but I’d much rather use the pick on a guy like Smith who looks every bit the part of a dominating game changer at WR than on Fields who looks a lot like a middle of the road type of QB at best. Nothing about Fields or Wilson tells me they are the next Mahomes, Rodgers, Russel Wilson. Hell, neither of them are even as a good a prospect as Burrow or Herbert. Continue to build a quality roster and you will find a QB next year with one of our picks that is equal to either of these prospects and you will already have a great situation of talent for them to step into.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Except no. Mahomes was a project and then he panned out. Wilson’s stats and skill set look like a pro quarterback. Fields’ skill set is elite. He can be coached up but his skill set can’t be ignored. Wilson and Fields will end up top 10 on most of not all big boards. You don’t wait to take one of those.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Extrapolating a QB's college performance to the pros is the hardest thing to do in sports. I definitely could be 100% wrong. But I know Darnold has been one of -- if not the -- worst QBs in the NFL. Once you accept that, other conclusions flow naturally.

Darnold is bad. I didn’t like him coming out and thought he was at most a project. I don’t see the same thing with Wilson. I do see the same kind of thing with Fields. I like both of them and would take either at 2, no questions asked. 

The big lesson I’ve learned since I started doing the draft more seriously is that if you like a QB prospect as a high first rounder you take him. I think there are 4 high first round type QBs so I’m ok with any of them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Sam showed good pocket presence and went through his progressions well under Bowels. Gase ruined that part of his game. He did that stuff well until Gase got a hold of him.

This is not a real thing. He was the worst QB against the blitz his rookie year and he’s still that. He’s athletic and can throw on the run well enough but that’s about all he has going for him. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, bitonti said:

TL is a high first Rd pick 

Fields is a mid rd1 pick... Top 20 

Wilson is cusp 1/2

The others trey Lance, Mac etc go Rd 2 or beyond 

The value of these players is important. Jd drafts for value that's the point of the mims trade down. He will want to trade back for any non Trevor qb 

Sewell, Smith these are high Rd 1 types like Trevor 

Except you won’t fina a single place that will have Wilson below top 5 on the big board and Fields outside of the top 5 of any big board. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

We can agree to disagree. Just because these two are the best of the rest prospects of this year doesn’t mean they are good. Desperate teams take QB’s praying to god they pan out all the time. I do not think Fields or Wilson have an elite ceiling. In fact I think their ceiling is likely right around Derek Carr level. Sometimes good, mostly just avg or worse.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Okay but I don’t see what you’re basing that on. Since both Wilson and Fields have better stats. In terms of raw ability Wilson has a bigger arm and Fields is more athletic. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I do not care what the big boards say pre workouts 

At this point last year Becton was a Rd 1 cusp players 

And you think Wilson/ Fields/ Lance are gonna drop after their workouts? When Wilson comes in at 6’2 1/2” and 218lbs, does that make him any better than he is now? Sewell is gonna be great in workouts he probably won’t be greater than Wirfs or Becton. 

And again the value of QB vs the value of a LT when a team already has a LT has no comparison.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

The teams biggest free agent need is actually edge rusher and it's a weak year for that position in both the free agents and the draft 

The dudes they will bring will be glue guys to help the new hc. They are not going to splash on massive stars. This team desperately needs stars. 

The teams biggest need is QB.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, msena88 said:

I’m not sure if you’ve seen them all play enough if you think that. The kid has special arm talent but it’s more to do with his ability to throw from different slots, throw with great accuracy, etc... When it comes to pure arm strength Lance and Lawrence are above him without question.

No shot. What it takes Lawrence a whole body motion to throw, Wilson can throw with just arm. Lance also has an insane arm but it’s gotta be Wilson. 

Wilson - Lance - Fields- Lawrence - a large gap - Jones- a gap - Trask