So are you still comfortable with Fields or Wilson?

More Cowbell

Yes to both. Not taking a QB is just shockingly dumb.

No, taking a QB that’s not a franchise level prospect at 2 overall is shockingly dumb. That’s how you end up with guys like Trubisky. Fields is not a franchise level QB, neither is Wilson. Darnold has proven he isn’t either don’t get me wrong, but I’d much rather use the pick on a guy like Smith who looks every bit the part of a dominating game changer at WR than on Fields who looks a lot like a middle of the road type of QB at best. Nothing about Fields or Wilson tells me they are the next Mahomes, Rodgers, Russel Wilson. Hell, neither of them are even as a good a prospect as Burrow or Herbert. Continue to build a quality roster and you will find a QB next year with one of our picks that is equal to either of these prospects and you will already have a great situation of talent for them to step into.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Except no. Mahomes was a project and then he panned out. Wilson’s stats and skill set look like a pro quarterback. Fields’ skill set is elite. He can be coached up but his skill set can’t be ignored. Wilson and Fields will end up top 10 on most of not all big boards. You don’t wait to take one of those.

We can agree to disagree. Just because these two are the best of the rest prospects of this year doesn’t mean they are good. Desperate teams take QB’s praying to god they pan out all the time. I do not think Fields or Wilson have an elite ceiling. In fact I think their ceiling is likely right around Derek Carr level. Sometimes good, mostly just avg or worse.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1