So are you still comfortable with Fields or Wilson?

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

So you are going off of last night game?  Not their respective careers?   You are sorely mistaken if you think Fields will not be a good NFL quarterback. 

No I watched about 10 games of Fields not last night. I could be mistaken certainly. I do not see the vision, awareness and timing that a NFL QB needs. I do not think many QBs with his release are successful. He seems slow to process the game at the college level. He is surrounded by a ton of talent, and is the new "it guy" for QBs as an althletic RPO guy. Just not impressed at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes to both. Not taking a QB is just shockingly dumb.

I'm comfortable with Fields.  Don't want any part of Wilson.

Fields in a heartbeat.  He's the smartest QB in the draft.  He's a physical freak with a brain.  You can't teach smart.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Yep, and having Reid as your HC, Hill as your WR, Kelce as your TE, a top 5 OL, a plug and play run scheme that it didn't  matter who they put back there, and now a good defense, well that didn't hurt.

Like I just said, that definitely helped him get an elite status very quickly, but if you can't see that he would still have been good on another team, then I don't know what to say.  Very few guys with his talent, IQ, work ethic and desire, bust.   

• Like 1

I admittedly didn't read all 7 pages of you guys exchanging recipes and sh*t, but didn't Wilson and his dad more or less mock the idea of coming here? I don't know if that makes me want to ban the idea of bringing him here.. or to take him at all costs. 

6 hours ago, dcJet said:

Taking Sewell would be Macc'ish  - which is taking the BPA regardless of positional importance or team need. 

Drafting Prez over (Mahomes/Watson) ended Macc's career. 

Best post in thread. 

The supposed safest player in the draft fell to us over and over. Then they all busted. 

Mac was so scared year after year to mess up his picks. He rarely traded down. Rarely did anything that wasn't "Safe", never had direction. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, pointman said:

I admittedly didn't read all 7 pages of you guys exchanging recipes and sh*t, but didn't Wilson and his dad more or less mock the idea of coming here? I don't know if that makes me want to ban the idea of bringing him here.. or to take him at all costs. 

If you are referring to the Twitter thing - I think that was overblown. 

It seemed to me like Wilson's dad was just liking everything that mentioned him. I believe he also liked a tweet that suggested the Jets would take him. 

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If you are referring to the Twitter thing - I think that was overblown. 

It seemed to me like Wilson's dad was just liking everything that mentioned him. I believe he also liked a tweet that suggested the Jets would take him. 

Yes, the twitter incident! Some people were saying that the father was doing damage control, or almost sarcastically liking stuff about his son to the Jets. Not sure. Social media stinks. 

• Like 2
Just now, pointman said:

Yes, the twitter incident! Some people were saying that the father was doing damage control, or almost sarcastically liking stuff about his son to the Jets. Not sure. Social media stinks. 

Ahhh, ok. 

Possible. 

I honestly have no idea. I'm not on Twitter because I despise Twitter. 

• Upvote 2

How about trade out of 2, collect picks take best ol/we (Sewell, chase, Smith, Slater?). Trade back in to top 15 for Lance? 

Best of both, ride with darnold while also develop Lance....just a thought not an opinion

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Who knows. Wacky year to evaluate quarterbacks. If either are projected top ten after Mobile you have to pull the trigger IMO. 

Wacky year to evaluate qb ya say? Why let's tie the franchise to one, and what could go wrong? 

Look, even if we agree fields is better than Sewell somehow, jd is not going to tie his career to this player in year 2 of his deal.

He's not Mac drafting safeties and wr. He's said about a thousand times he wants to build from inside out and the hc candidates come from similar programs 

That 80 mil in free agent money they are going to keep mostly dry. They had like 60 million in space last year and signed George Fant. Jd loves comp picks. 

BTW I'm not sure who is gonna be at mobile but it won't be wilson or fields both juniors. Trey Lance show? 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That 80 mil in free agent money they are going to keep mostly dry. They had like 60 million in space last year and signed George Fant. Jd loves comp picks. 

Not this year. This was always going to be a better FA class than last year and I think Douglas planned for that. I seriously doubt they won't spend money this year. Not that many teams have a lot of money and the cap will be lower than usual. The Jets will be in position to "overpay" anyone they particularly like and Douglas has already said that he learned from mistakes he made in FA last year. 

Also, you have to consider that FA will be more valued this year because of the uncertainty associated with scouting so many players in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not this year. This was always going to be a better FA class than last year and I think Douglas planned for that. I seriously doubt they won't spend money this year. Not that many teams have a lot of money and the cap will be lower than usual. The Jets will be in position to "overpay" anyone they particularly like and Douglas has already said that he learned from mistakes he made in FA last year. 

Also, you have to consider that FA will be more valued this year because of the uncertainty associated with scouting so many players in the draft. 

The mistake jd admitted to was not keeping robby. He never expressed regret for not spending. 

I believe he will make modest targets like Corey Davis but this Allen Robinson/Joe thuney talk is bananas 

Even if he wanted to spend, what kind of player wants to go to the 2-14 Jets? Mercenaries like Trumaine Johnson or cj mosely. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, bitonti said:

The mistake jd admitted to was not keeping robby. He never expressed regret for not spending. 

I believe he will make modest targets like Corey Davis but this Allen Robinson/Joe thuney talk is bananas 

Even if he wanted to spend, what kind of player wants to go to the 2-14 Jets? Mercenaries like Trumaine Johnson or cj mosely. 

We partially agree. 

I think he will have major issues attracting any of the Tier 1 free agents, but I do think he will bring in some dudes. Jets will be active in FA. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

We partially agree. 

I think he will have major issues attracting any of the Tier 1 free agents, but I do think he will bring in some dudes. Jets will be active in FA. 

The teams biggest free agent need is actually edge rusher and it's a weak year for that position in both the free agents and the draft 

The dudes they will bring will be glue guys to help the new hc. They are not going to splash on massive stars. This team desperately needs stars. 

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Um, have you seen Wilsons arm strength or skill set? He is not safe. He may have the biggest arm in the draft.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen them all play enough if you think that. The kid has special arm talent but it’s more to do with his ability to throw from different slots, throw with great accuracy, etc... When it comes to pure arm strength Lance and Lawrence are above him without question.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

The teams biggest free agent need is actually edge rusher and it's a weak year for that position in both the free agents and the draft 

The dudes they will bring will be glue guys to help the new hc. They are not going to splash on massive stars. This team desperately needs stars. 

The teams biggest need is QB.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, msena88 said:

I’m not sure if you’ve seen them all play enough if you think that. The kid has special arm talent but it’s more to do with his ability to throw from different slots, throw with great accuracy, etc... When it comes to pure arm strength Lance and Lawrence are above him without question.

No shot. What it takes Lawrence a whole body motion to throw, Wilson can throw with just arm. Lance also has an insane arm but it’s gotta be Wilson. 

Wilson - Lance - Fields- Lawrence - a large gap - Jones- a gap - Trask 

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

Wacky year to evaluate qb ya say? Why let's tie the franchise to one, and what could go wrong? 

Look, even if we agree fields is better than Sewell somehow, jd is not going to tie his career to this player in year 2 of his deal.

He's not Mac drafting safeties and wr. He's said about a thousand times he wants to build from inside out and the hc candidates come from similar programs 

BTW I'm not sure who is gonna be at mobile but it won't be wilson or fields both juniors. Trey Lance show? 

Agree with most of this... although I hate that you lumped in WR along with Safety as a ‘surplus’ position. 

If that’s the consensus view in the NFL, then Ja Marr Chase is a pipe dream @ 2...

sad george michael bluth GIF

I could be happy with Sewell @ 2, but if we’re not QB @ 2, then I think the best case scenario would be trading down with the Falcons, Bengals or Broncos.

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

I don't think they'll get comp picks this year, as JD traded a lot of the guys who could net picks. 

I also think a LOT of players will be cut due to cap issues, which may flood the market a bit, allowing for 6-10 million type player to be had for less.

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Indeed but if fans had their way our players would all be paid salary cap/53.

Jets fans turn on players who want to get paid.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I also think a LOT of players will be cut due to cap issues, which may flood the market a bit, allowing for 6-10 million type player to be had for less.

I could see a Zach ertz maybe.

But he will be released due to injury and guys like that with 1 or 2 more years usually prioritize winning over money 

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I could see a Zach ertz maybe.

But he will be released due to injury and guys like that with 1 or 2 more years usually prioritize winning over money 

Well, NO, Pitt and a few others are way over the cap.   They will have to cut players, especially since the cap is going down, not up for the 1st time.

16 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Well, NO, Pitt and a few others are way over the cap.   They will have to cut players, especially since the cap is going down, not up for the 1st time.

We dance this dance every spring 

Pittsburgh retires pouncey and big Ben maybe and they are back in business 

I can't remember the last time really great free agents made it to market. This year is different but not that different 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, msena88 said:

We can agree to disagree on that. Wilson has more arm strength than the others. I am not sure it is close to be honest.

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

You think? Aside from there not being a Bosa to draft at 2 the draft class and free agent pool both seem like they're a lot better than last year.

Hey @bitonti

I know you love Sewell and are pounding the table.

Can I ask your opinion on the other OL in this draft (in case we go QB, or trade down out of Sewell range).  What's your opinion on the dropoff to the next guy or group of guys and how would you rank them?  

Slater, Northwestern 
Vera-Tucker, USC 
Darrisaw, VT
Cosmi, Texas
Leatherwood, AL

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Yeah, cap 'hell' really isn't a thing anymore. You can always play fast and loose with the numbers and keep the guys you really want to keep.

Maybe, but this year could be legitimately different.  This is the first year in some time where the cap isn't going up, and in fact could go down.  And I've never seen numbers as bad as the ones I'm seeing in New Orleans and Philly currently.  

Maybe the other 30 teams will be fine (though the Falcons, Packers, Rams, Steelers, Texans and Chiefs hardly look like they are exactly healthy in that department either) but I don't see how the Saints and Eagles easily extricate themselves from their current situations.

17 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Hey @bitonti

I know you love Sewell and are pounding the table.

Can I ask your opinion on the other OL in this draft (in case we go QB, or trade down out of Sewell range).  What's your opinion on the dropoff to the next guy or group of guys and how would you rank them?  

Slater, Northwestern 
Vera-Tucker, USC 
Darrisaw, VT
Cosmi, Texas
Leatherwood, AL

Keep in mind this is all pre workouts

Arm length is the stat everyone Needs on these guys

Slater is 6'3" 306 that sounds like a guard

Vera-Tucker 6'4" 315 again maybe a tackle, maybe a guard 

these two could be elite guards but not so great tackles and both will go very high, if the draft buzz is to be believed. 

Cosmi is a real tackle a poor man's Eric Fisher. whatever that's worth, and it will be worth it for some team 

Darrisaw is that dude who could be 2OT... he's a beast but again pending workouts. Really like his attitude but for whatever reason his stock is not matching his film. Maybe there's off the field stuff or medicals we don't know 

Leatherwood is a legit OT but reminds me of a heavier Dbrick, wall off guy, will pass protect not a mauler

Liam Eichenberg ND will probably rise up but not to the point of rd 1

I like Jalen Mayfield UM more than  most but again there's something dragging his stock down 

trey smith UTenn? I mean it's a good bunch of dudes but not like last year where there were 4 top 15 picks. 

there's value in the class but Sewell is the premium player 

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, bitonti said:

The consequences of whiffing on a bad quarterback are far less drastic than passing on a good one. It's been 40 years and we're still talking about ******* Marino. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
41 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The consequences of whiffing on a bad quarterback are far less drastic than passing on a good one. It's been 40 years and we're still talking about ******* Marino. 

Bull 

The Jets whiffed on darnold and are now picking 2 overall, worst year since kotite Era 

Whiff again they might be relegated to the xfl 

Build before savior 

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yep.

Whiff on Darnold and we have 2 wins and regret it for a couple years.  

Pass on Mahomes or Marino and we we regret it forever.  

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

Keep in mind this is all pre workouts

Arm length is the stat everyone Needs on these guys

Slater is 6'3" 306 that sounds like a guard

Vera-Tucker 6'4" 315 again maybe a tackle, maybe a guard 

these two could be elite guards but not so great tackles and both will go very high, if the draft buzz is to be believed. 

Cosmi is a real tackle a poor man's Eric Fisher. whatever that's worth, and it will be worth it for some team 

Darrisaw is that dude who could be 2OT... he's a beast but again pending workouts. Really like his attitude but for whatever reason his stock is not matching his film. Maybe there's off the field stuff or medicals we don't know 

Leatherwood is a legit OT but reminds me of a heavier Dbrick, wall off guy, will pass protect not a mauler

Liam Eichenberg ND will probably rise up but not to the point of rd 1

I like Jalen Mayfield UM more than  most but again there's something dragging his stock down 

trey smith UTenn? I mean it's a good bunch of dudes but not like last year where there were 4 top 15 picks. 

there's value in the class but Sewell is the premium player 

Thanks Bit,

One of these guys may be a Jet.