Sounds like it’s Saleh

18 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Hopefully he takes Mike McDaniel with him. Apparently that's who he listed as his OC last year for interviews, but he's close with the Lafleurs so might take Lafleur with him instead.

He's got an impressive resume:

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I like Saleh, a lot. Have for the past few seasons. More importantly, I LOVE the idea of installing the Shanny WCO. As some may remember, I made the comparison between Jake Plummer and Sam. Jake’s best WB play came in Denver with Shanny.

I view another year of Sam in the right offense for him and his best year of football as the floor - if this happens.

I still endorse adding another QB too.

You know, Plummer is a PERFECT comp for Sam. I loved Jake back in the day when he played for Arizona. The problem is, he's a guy that is just way too volatile to build a team around. Plummer even got the Broncos to the AFCCG in 05 when Cowher won his SB.

14 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

From 1 guy who immediately corrected himself and said he meant Mike LaFleur, not Kafka.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

The rumor was from the same guy and he's since corrected himself.  He meant McDaniel.

Confused Larry David GIF

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

You know, Plummer is a PERFECT comp for Sam. I loved Jake back in the day when he played for Arizona. The problem is, he's a guy that is just way too volatile to build a team around. Plummer even got the Broncos to the AFCCG in 05 when Cowher won his SB.

very good comp.

5 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Yup. I’m not making a pro/con Sam argument, just referencing previous remarks.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup. I’m not making a pro/con Sam argument, just referencing previous remarks.

I was shocked to see that Plummer had a 40-18 record as QB for the Broncos. It's a perfect comparison IMO - had a big problem throwing picks,  picked up some really bad habits early in his career due to a bad team around him. He really mastered the WCO when Shanny the elder picked him up off the scrap heap.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GothamLurker said:

Hmmm....Not sure how I feel about this, but willing to give him a try.

I wanted a QB whisper, because Sam is still an issue....And has a chance of staying...........A solid chance actually,....

Understood and I get it.  But the HC isn't necessarily as important as the OC.  Lots of teams with great offenses have HC's that aren't from offense.  Pete Carroll isn't an offensive guy, nor is Mike Vrabel in Tennessee, or John Harbaugh in Baltimore.  Same with Sean McDermott in Buffalo.....those are 4 of the Top 8 scoring teams in the NFL.

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Assuming this is true....

Like all of us, I have no idea how well this will turn out but I'll say one thing.  If you wanted the Jets to have an identity, they're about to have an identity.

"All gas, no brakes" - Robert Saleh

Anybody who wanted Rex Ryan back without the craziness, you may have got your man!

A big reason why I love the Saleh move if confirmed. Reminds me of Rex Ryan, but a lot less of a circus act and less brash. And seems Saleh will bring forth a good coaching staff an identity of a balanced offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Very telling 5 min video from a 49ers beat writer about Robert and his potential offensive staff. ‘This is from a week ago 

Imo he may have a plan to “fix” Darnold ?, especially considering we played them this year and his defense basically shut Darnold down. But who hasn’t so idk, just some insights 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Eh, another coordinator first time coach. Maybe the guy is the bees knees but this seems like more rinse/repeat. Jets needed a splash hire and this is not it. 

Who did you want in terms of a splash hire? Matt Campbell declined to interview here. Doug Pederson decided to take at least a year off, Pat Fitzgerald is likely waiting for the Chicago Bears job, etc. 

If anything, Saleh has been well respected amongst NFL people. He's as close to a good splash hire as you'll get. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Very telling 5 min video from a 49ers beat writer about Robert and his potential offensive staff. ‘This is from a week ago 

Imo he may have a plan to “fix” Darnold ?, especially considering we played them this year and his defense basically shut Darnold down. But who hasn’t so idk, just some insights 

I'm resigned to the fact they're going to bring Darnold back next year - they don't wanna admit failure with the guy just yet. 

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

RJF never provides alternatives when he complains.  It makes perfect sense to b*tch about the Jets.  They always get stuff wrong and haven't won d*ck in 50 years.  We all get that.  But at least provide some thoughts on what you'd do differently.  Otherwise its just b*tching for the sake of b*tching, really.  

B*tches.

Frankly, most people seemed to think Saleh wouldn't want the Jets job. It's kind of a boon that we might land him.

• Upvote 1