Sounds like it’s Saleh

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think Douglas wants his own guy and wants to find the next great young coach.

Saleh reminds me of Vrabel a bit, and the 49er organization seems to have their heads screwed on straight.

I don't think he will put up with any nonsense, and I also think his ethnicity will appear to the Johnsons.  

Harbaugh and Campbell are staying in college, where they belong.

Biennemy will fail.  Staley is too young.  Mullen is too odd.  Too many question marks with Pedersen, but he would be Plan B for me  Aaron Glenn is not ready.  Marvin Lewis has too much baggage.  Something about Daboll rubs me the wrong way.  I like Arthur Smith as well.

If we can scoop up Saleh, we should take him now.  

McVay is a good coach that was hired super young. Joe Brady is 31 and is getting serious interviews. That shouldn't deter Staley. 

Pederson decided to take at least a year off it seems, but he was one of my serious finalists.

Personally, I was okay with either Saleh, Pederson, Brady, Staley or Eberflus

56 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I'm resigned to the fact they're going to bring Darnold back next year - they don't wanna admit failure with the guy just yet. 

Nothing says this.  Nothing.  

Especially since the one who may have made the mistake was fired.  In itself saying they can admit failure.  

• Upvote 2

Philadelphia has requested an interview with 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets. Saleh has been a hot name, getting linked to pretty much every open job. He’s a leading candidate for the Jets job in particular, as we just heard this morning that he’s advanced to the second round of interviews with New York. Eaglesowner Jeffrey Lurie indicated at his press conference Monday that he usually prefers a quarterback guru as head coach, but he clearly isn’t married to that idea.

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

McVay is a good coach that was hired super young. Joe Brady is 31 and is getting serious interviews. That shouldn't deter Staley. 

Pederson decided to take at least a year off it seems, but he was one of my serious finalists.

Personally, I was okay with either Saleh, Pederson, Brady, Staley or Eberflus

The other interesting thing about McVay..... He was hired a year AFTER the Rams drafted Goff.  McVay was brought in because Jeff Fisher was screwing up the development of Jared Goff.

There seems to be a 50% chance a new coaching staff with a better QB coach is being brought in to unfvck Sam Darnold's development.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Assuming this is true....

Like all of us, I have no idea how well this will turn out but I'll say one thing.  If you wanted the Jets to have an identity, they're about to have an identity.

"All gas, no brakes" - Robert Saleh

Anybody who wanted Rex Ryan back without the craziness, you may have got your man!

I loved Rex. We had an identity. Even if you didn’t agree with the playing style. We  were going ground and pound you to death. Then move everyone on D to the left and have Revis cover the right (ot viceversa depending on where the #1 WR was lined up). All the players bought in. Felt like players and coaches actually cared. 

I don’t know how good this guy is but this is what I was hoping for. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

19 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Philadelphia has requested an interview with 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets. Saleh has been a hot name, getting linked to pretty much every open job. He’s a leading candidate for the Jets job in particular, as we just heard this morning that he’s advanced to the second round of interviews with New York. Eaglesowner Jeffrey Lurie indicated at his press conference Monday that he usually prefers a quarterback guru as head coach, but he clearly isn’t married to that idea.

If Philly steals him away I am definitely gonna complain about losing him.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I loved Rex. We had an identity. Even if you didn’t agree with the playing style. We  were going ground and pound you to death. Then move everyone on D to the left and have Revis cover the right (ot viceversa depending on where the #1 WR was lined up). All the players bought in. Felt like players and coaches actually cared. 

I don’t know how good this guy is but this is what I was hoping for. 

This.  Looking back at the best and most fun Jets teams over the past were the ones that bought in from the energy of the coaching staff, not necessarily the most talented rosters.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Philly is the worst opening in the league.  Old roster, QB controversy, over the cap, GM that doesnt seem accountable, and they just fired a coach who had 3 playoff appearances and a Super Bowl in 3 of the last 4 seasons. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Assuming this is true....

Like all of us, I have no idea how well this will turn out but I'll say one thing.  If you wanted the Jets to have an identity, they're about to have an identity.

"All gas, no brakes" - Robert Saleh

Anybody who wanted Rex Ryan back without the craziness, you may have got your man!

The Jets could do worse.  The Ryans were all a little whacky but they were good with the x's and o's.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He’d be crazy to pick the Eagles over the Jets. We’re the lesser piece of sh*t. Our fans will boo the hell out of you. Philly fans are violent. They’re in cap hell and have just as many question marks surrounding the QB position.

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Philly is a tough sell right now. I’d say the Chargers job is the best opening right now followed by the jags than the Jets. Detroit right behind us followed by eagles then the Texans. 

The good thing about the Jets / jags jobs is there isn’t a lot of pressure to win immediately and whoever comes in will get to almost help build the team from scratch. 

in philly, you’re stuck with an aging team and a quarterback that seems to have fallen off a cliff. You have the pressure of making the playoffs right away.  By signing with the eagles, you’re basically tying your fate to Carson wentz. I think a lot of guys will be turned off by that scenario. If it’s between the Jets and eagles, I think the Jets job is the better landing spot if we’re talking about the current state of each of the teams.