Schefter: Schotty Fired

33 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It was Pete Carroll vs Schotty.  No way Schotty survives that. Caroll is safe until retirement.

Live out here. Pete definitely fires Coordinators as a way to avoid the heat.

The problem for the Hawks is too many big contracts, some to guys on the downside of their careers. So the quality of the worker bees isn’t up to snuff. No problem, fire the coordinator.

Thats why the JA trade was so bad.  And I think that was all Pete.

But with that said, it’s still a pretty good franchise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, pointman said:

He said, not too long ago, that he will only take a HC job and has no plans of "moving backwards". I don't know if he has changed his mind on that, but seems really unlikely we would ever give him a shot at being a valet let alone a coordinator of any type. 

Doubt Rex would ever be a DC again, why would he want to, he probably makes more money on his TV gig.

If he did I suspect Woody would hire him in a heart beat.  Woody loved the guy, plus it was by far the best times since Woody has owned the team.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

who would've thunk (besides jets fans).  the seahawks were exceptionally good at offense at the beginning of the year.  i wonder how schitty wrecked the offense during the playoff game?

I think it has been the last couple of years. Seems like the 1st 8 weeks Wilson looks like the runaway MVP then for whatever reason they have tailed off. 

6 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I think it has been the last couple of years. Seems like the 1st 8 weeks Wilson looks like the runaway MVP then for whatever reason they have tailed off. 

Schottenheimer always seemed very interested in appearing clever. Why stick with what works and risk getting it “figured out?” Keep changing! Opposite of the Parcells approach: keep running the same old stuff until they prove they can stop it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

2009-2010 Back to back AFC Championship games yes I was here. 

Good times. 

Ive also been here for Paul Hackett,Chan Gailey,Marty Mornhinweg,John Morton,Jeremy Bates,Dowell Loggains,Adam Gase

You’d think it’s the OC. But no, how can all these OC be so wrong? Had to be the Jets. 

12 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Expected it. Reality is that Wilson has just dropped his performance level significantly but better to blame the OC. They gave Wilson what he wanted and he is simply not good enough to sustain a pass happy attack.

The guys just nearly threw for The most yards he has ever thrown for (missed 2016 by 7 yards), and the most TDs, but he’s not good enough? I want such QBs who aren’t good enough. Seattle lost this year cuz their D was historically crap. Not because of RW. 

• Upvote 1

The guys just nearly threw for The most yards he has ever thrown for (missed 2016 by 7 yards), and the most TDs, but he’s not good enough? I want such QBs who aren’t good enough. Seattle lost this year cuz their D was historically crap. Not because of RW. 

Exactly, and what’s more is Carroll is likely splitting with Schotty because he thinks Schotty throw a too much. Come on now!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Ironically, Pete Carroll wants to run the ball more, and Brian Schottenheimer wanted to pass more. Let's be real, Schotty is the fall guy for a roster that's declining and they're without a 1st round pick for the next two years. It's a blessing in disguise for Schotty. Russell is declining and the Hawks will be in purgatory for quite some time unless they rip the band-aid off and trade Russell.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Darnold’s poor play is a team failing but SEA got knocked out of the playoffs and Texans only won 4 games because of Wilson and Watson, respectively.

There can be no intellectual consistency without the intellectual part.

1 hour ago, addage said:

Live out here. Pete definitely fires Coordinators as a way to avoid the heat.

The problem for the Hawks is too many big contracts, some to guys on the downside of their careers. So the quality of the worker bees isn’t up to snuff. No problem, fire the coordinator.

Thats why the JA trade was so bad.  And I think that was all Pete.

But with that said, it’s still a pretty good franchise. 

^Truth 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

2009-2010 Back to back AFC Championship games yes I was here. 

Good times. 

Ive also been here for Paul Hackett,Chan Gailey,Marty Mornhinweg,John Morton,Jeremy Bates,Dowell Loggains,Adam Gase

IMO this is the best OC we've had since I've been watching the Jets. Really upset we fired him after one year.

• Post of the Week 1

Shotty hate is way out of line here IMHO.  Our O declined when the GM failed to draft offense.  Shotty got Sanchez to play above his weight for 2 glorious years.  Drafted D all the way after that and the whole thing fell apart.  Not on Shotty.  Him as then and now OC was/is fine with me.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

Doubt Rex would ever be a DC again, why would he want to, he probably makes more money on his TV gig.

If he did I suspect Woody would hire him in a heart beat.  Woody loved the guy, plus it was by far the best times since Woody has owned the team.

hes on Bart and Hahn every monday lobbying for the HC job. he would take it in a min.

11 hours ago, jgb said:

Darnold’s poor play is a team failing but SEA got knocked out of the playoffs and Texans only won 4 games because of Wilson and Watson, respectively.

There can be no intellectual consistency without the intellectual part.

Yep. Sometimes people lose sight of the fact that football is very much a team game.  I won’t defend Sch**ty but maybe he didn’t run more because they didn’t have the personnel?