Schefter: Schotty Fired

10 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

IMO this is the best OC we've had since I've been watching the Jets. Really upset we fired him after one year.

I always felt Morton was wildly overrated around here, for no other reason than that being common for any coach or player that is sent packing before we have enough time to grow to have an undying hatred for them.

Forgetting even that though, it seems there's likely a secondary story to all of this when it comes to Morton.  After being fired from the Jets as OC, he initially couldn't get a job anywhere in the league, and then hasn't been able to get anything beyond "senior offensive assistant" with the Raiders since then.  I'm not going to even begin to guess what the reason behind it all is, but it seems pretty clear most of the NFL are not fans.

25 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I always felt Morton was wildly overrated around here, for no other reason than that being common for any coach or player that is sent packing before we have enough time to grow to have an undying hatred for them.

Forgetting even that though, it seems there's likely a secondary story to all of this when it comes to Morton.  After being fired from the Jets as OC, he initially couldn't get a job anywhere in the league, and then hasn't been able to get anything beyond "senior offensive assistant" with the Raiders since then.  I'm not going to even begin to guess what the reason behind it all is, but it seems pretty clear most of the NFL are not fans.

Yea I think there was something deeper going on for sure but he was only out of football for 1 year, he's been on the Raiders staff.

22 hours ago, rangerous said:

who would've thunk (besides jets fans).  the seahawks were exceptionally good at offense at the beginning of the year.  i wonder how schitty wrecked the offense during the playoff game?

He had Russell Wilson improvising and calling his own plays and audibles during the regular season

Russ couldn’t quite do that in the playoff game.  Schotty had no ability to make adjustments after halftime.  

he got exposed. He sucks.  If Woody hires him as HC or OC expect more suckage

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So they extended the guy that traded two 1sts and a 3rd for a Box Safety, helping lead to a defense ranked # 31 against the pass.

And then they turn around and fire the OC who has been part of the successful side of the ball.

Makes sense. Smart work, Seattle. Smart work.

Hey, we have to hope that Seattle goes down the tubes next year. Make that 2022 pick a top ten!

• Upvote 1