Jump to content

On This Night, At THIS Exact Time,


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

52 years ago tonight my cousin and I were in our football bliss as Joe Namath was jogging off into the Miami night index finger raised in the air, screaming WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!! It was an amazing night I hope that you guys all get to feel what that felt like what that moment 52 years ago tonight felt like to a lifetime Jets fan.image.jpeg.0d24aa561338911c9715bb7a54c4e95b.jpeg

Way to go, buddy, way to go!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

52 years ago tonight my cousin and I were in our football bliss as Joe Namath was jogging off into the Miami night index finger raised in the air, screaming WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!! It was an amazing night I hope that you guys all get to feel what that felt like what that moment 52 years ago tonight felt like to a lifetime Jets fan.image.jpeg.0d24aa561338911c9715bb7a54c4e95b.jpeg

I was 7.   It’s the reason I’m a fan.   Fukk Namath , it’s been a miserable 52 years. 😂😂😂🤷
 

I still  use BRUT deodorant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I was 7.   It’s the reason I’m a fan.   Fukk Namath , it’s been a miserable 52 years. 😂😂😂🤷
 

I still  use BRUT deodorant. 

i was 6. Dad God rest his soul was a NY Jets fan.  Joe Namath is the KING of the NY Jets.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, docdhc said:

I was 11 what a great event. I’d like to enjoy it as an adult before I die. Is that too much to ask?

I'm sorry to say but if it doesn't start happening right now, it never will

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

52 years ago tonight my cousin and I were in our football bliss as Joe Namath was jogging off into the Miami night index finger raised in the air, screaming WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!! It was an amazing night I hope that you guys all get to feel what that felt like what that moment 52 years ago tonight felt like to a lifetime Jets fan.image.jpeg.0d24aa561338911c9715bb7a54c4e95b.jpeg

I turned  54 New Years Eve, all I remember  is a face full of cookies and a diaper full of crap. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

52 years ago tonight my cousin and I were in our football bliss as Joe Namath was jogging off into the Miami night index finger raised in the air, screaming WE'RE NUMBER ONE!!!! It was an amazing night I hope that you guys all get to feel what that felt like what that moment 52 years ago tonight felt like to a lifetime Jets fan.image.jpeg.0d24aa561338911c9715bb7a54c4e95b.jpeg

Cool! I’m pretty damn old and wasn’t even born yet. For the record I came to terms long ago I’ll never feel what you and your cousin felt that night. My hope is my 15 year old son ( who is now infected with the Jet disease) thanks to me. Will some day experience it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was 7. Went to the movies with my brothers. Only thing I remember was my dad won a bundle on the Jets. So as far as i am concerned I never really enjoyed watching them win the SB. SOME DAY.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was 9 and remember some of the game. Vividly remember my father laying on the floor in front of the tv drinking martini's.

Another highlight was the Heidi bowl - he went balistic when NBC cut off the game. For those as old as some of us, he had my mother going thru the phonebook trying to find the telephone number for NBC and had her call them to try and put the game back on. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trotter said:

I was 9 and remember some of the game. Vividly remember my father laying on the floor in front of the tv drinking martini's.

Another highlight was the Heidi bowl - he went balistic when NBC cut off the game. For those as old as some of us, he had my mother going thru the phonebook trying to find the telephone number for NBC and had her call them to try and put the game back on. 

Great recollection, dad chillin' on the floor drinking martinis and later your Mom leafing through a phone book to try and call NBC to try and have the Heidi bowl switched back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jethead said:

I was a sophomore in college in upstate NY. Mets, Jets and Knicks baby!

That was some year the only way it could have been any better, no PERFECT, would have been if it were the Yankees and not the Mets winning the World Championship. The strange thing was New York beat Baltimore teams in all 3 sports The Mets beat the Orioles, The Knicks beat the Bullets to get to the finals and the Jets beat the Baltimore Colts for history.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was 15 and beyond astonished that Joe came out and did what he said he was going to do. The disparity between the conferences (leagues) was huge then and Joe's guarantee was seen as bombastic in a day when nobody cept Ali talked trash. From then on anytime I had a football in my hand to throw to someone it was "Namath sees Maynard ... deep ... touchdown!" 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...