Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

You can’t be wrong if you are passing along information from someone else. You have proven yourself over and over that you have a connect. Sleep well my friend.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Don’t sweat it. Thanks for, if nothing else keeping this site on the edge of their seat and interested in what you do hear/share.  
you’re good even if  that is the plan and CJ buttfumbles this morning. 
5239C784-760C-40DC-B02E-C4561165B908.thumb.jpeg.c19a51b5487c1d5e9c84fe0a2d62aacb.jpeg

Appreciate it you guys.  I might be up for the day now lmao, but a mid-day nap is looking likely ?.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Thanks to my anxiety I have gotten a whopping three and half hours of sleep because I’m so afraid of being wrong, but at least the checkmarks are hearing the same things I’ve heard since yesterday.

There is no right or wrong when you're sharing what your sources are telling you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Don’t sweat it. Thanks for, if nothing else keeping this site on the edge of their seat and interested in what you do hear/share.  
you’re good even if  that is the plan and CJ buttfumbles this morning. 
5239C784-760C-40DC-B02E-C4561165B908.thumb.jpeg.c19a51b5487c1d5e9c84fe0a2d62aacb.jpeg

Great picture. Might need to get him a hat - he won't be coaching in sunny California any more.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I know...it’s just tough to convince my brain of that.  Whatever happens, happens I guess.  I gotta try and not sweat it too much.

I don’t know how people do this for a living lmao.  It’s way too stressful.

I feel you Dude and it's all good. We're all passionate Jets fans and we all want them to get it right. It's a way different week when your team is kicking ass! I miss that spring in my step on Monday mornings.

Hearing the head coach sucks and the running back sucks and the quarterback is regressing is a total beatdown LOL. We are all tired of it. It's depressing

I too have a lot of time invested in this team. I totally understand where you're coming from. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Appreciate it you guys.  I might be up for the day now lmao, but a mid-day nap is looking likely ?.

Nothing wrong with that. / now can you tell us who the QB is going to be? Lol. Are we drafting Najee Harris and Ja’Marr Chase at all costs?  Is Mosley staying or being traded as well as Sam for us to trade for Watson? 

good stuff have a “brunch” bourbon  take a nap. 

• Haha 1

This was part of an article about McDaniels and LaFleur - not sure why they took such a shot at LaFleur, or if the write even knows the SF passing concepts, but thought it was worth posting.

LaFleur is not a star

McDaniel is the mastermind behind the run game. Shanahan and his father are the masterminds behind the play-action game. And LaFleur is responsible for the drop-back passing game, which is not particularly sophisticated -- they avoid using it as much as possible. Call it the third wheel on offense.

Bill Walsh invented the most sophisticated drop-back passing game of all time, and it featured progressions and triangles. Meaning three receivers would finish their routes on the same side of the field and form a triangle. And they’d finish their routes one after the other, not all at once. So if the first receiver wasn’t open, the second receiver would finish his route precisely when the quarterback looked for him.

LaFleur’s passing game generally doesn’t feature many triangles or progressions. Instead, he usually calls passes designed to beat specific coverages. He calls “Cover 3 beaters” or “man beaters.” Meaning he guesses what coverage the defense will use. If he guesses correctly, the play works. If he guesses wrong, the play doesn’t work.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

LaFleur was also the best man at Saleh's wedding so clearly there is a strong relationship there.  Seems like he would be the guy.

The article I read said he would be a first time play caller, but he is also listed as having been the OC at Davidson college so Id guess he was calling the plays there.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BCJet said:

LaFleur was also the best man at Saleh's wedding so clearly there is a strong relationship there.  Seems like he would be the guy.

I think that was the other LaFleur, the GB head coach. The guy on the Niners is his younger brother.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, AlexVanDyke said:

A friend of mine lives in Chatham and is very close with someone who works for the jets.  Obviously i don’t  have  too many specific details with this news but he was told the jets gave him an offer. And yea I wanted to join to share.  I’ve been reading for a bit 

Welcome!  Sorry to be the first to tell you but no one is allowed to use any 2nd round bust as a screen name around these parts.  1st round busts are ok, but not 2nd rounders.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Welcome!  Sorry to be the first to tell you but no one is allowed to use any 2nd round bust as a screen name around these parts.  1st round busts are ok, but not 2nd rounders.

Especially not 2nd round busts who had terrible performances in AFC Championship games.

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

It's funny I do the same thing. I wake up cuz I can't sleep in the middle of the night and I check to the latest news and you never have any idea what you're going to get. Just head straight to the latest post in the thread.

Hell we could be talking about toaster ovens, Pink Floyd, dogs, or pizza places in Queens. Some of these threads can turn into anything but Jets LOL

1. I haven't had a toaster oven in decades.  They still make them?
2. I just bought a new subwoofer and I've been enjoying a lot of old Pink Floyd on it, and not just Dark Side of the Moon. .  Damned thing is phenomenal (Bowers & Wilkins DBS4).
3. I love dogs.
4. In my teens and 20's we used to pop in to Gloria's Pizza off Roosevelt Ave near the LIRR station.  Then I moved away and eventually they closed.  Well they re-opened in Forest Hills right next to the Midway theater.  Two of my old buddies have tried it and said they are back baby after so many years.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

Oddly enough i think it’s encouraging that CJ wasn’t involved last night. Let JD run the show, have the owner come in the morning to write the check. Not sure if that’s how it was done last go around 

CJ was part of the process the entire time last go around.

Like you said, great sign that CJ has yet to meet with him. He clearly let Douglass run the show.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Might be a noob poster, however I've been reading this site for a long time. Now I have to go to bed... I'm mentally exhausted from reading 9 pages of nothing lol...

come on!  You know you at least chuckled at some of this.  Well maybe a snicker.  Did you have a good night's sleep?  Yes?  Good! Now back to this thread.

44 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah I guess.  Like I said to Pac, it’s more about letting you guys all down, as corny as that sounds.  That’s always how my anxiety has worked.  Great, big, and fun fear of disappointing people..

@T0mShane has let us all down since the site was formed.  Almost daily.

• Haha 2