Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

Joe Jets fan

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Or he could say that someone like Zach wilson is an ideal person to build an offense around a quick tempo play action scheme and is much better suited to do it that jimmy g ever was out there.

Then we will be in prime trade down territory as long as we understand how the draft will play out. Requires steel balls but can set us up with significant draft capital for a couple of years.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I don't know. Ask Roger Goodell.

Lions Hiring Robert Saleh Would Yield 49ers Two Draft Picks

JOHN MAAKARON DECEMBER 11, 2020

At this point in the Detroit Lions' head coaching search, San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh is the front-runner to succeed Matt Patricia.

According to NBC Sports, "Kyle Shanahan & Co. of course hope Saleh stays in Santa Clara for 2021 and beyond. But, the 49ers wouldn't be empty-handed if he's hired away. Saleh's parents are Lebanese American, and the NFL last month passed a rule that rewards teams that developed minority coaches. The 49ers would receive a third-round draft pick in each of the next two NFL drafts."

Damn! Gase was obviously handicapped emotionally and cognitively..... do we get two additional 3rd round picks?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, kelly said:

vin-diesel-groot-02_0.gif

He does bare some resemblance to Grut!

3 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

He is going to love the Lebanese food options in the NYC area

Some shawarma and gyro’s on the West Side. Azuri Cafe on West 51st. Ezra is the soup nazi of Israeli food. I know those 2 references together are in poor taste but Ezra was always yelling at the customers if they were talking on their cell phones to get out. Hole in the wall but delicious food

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jets like the guy, he is one of the finalists but as I speculated in another thread, Douglas is holding to a disciplined strategy of wanting to talk to his top candidates and is not going to panic and make a panic hire.  There are several good mandates.  For me as long as we get one of them I'll be happy enough. 

The jets are a desirable destination believe it or not.  A well respected GM, lots of draft capital, lots of cap space, a situation were the nxt coach and go with the existing Qb or start over.

And a top level training facility. Coaches love to see investment in state of the art equipment and next gen training options

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Detroit is, in my opinion, the wildcard that will determine things.  I have zero idea what he thinks about other organizations or how his current interview is going, but both me and my guy can’t imagine that he would take the other, presumably available, situations over us, particularly Philly.

Thanks Mogelz for all the info. Who is the GM candidate that Saleh would love to see hired in Detroit? If this person wasn’t hired in Detroit do you think he would still take the job? I know You don’t have contacts in Detroit but just wanted your thoughts. Thanks

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ed Dodds.

I truthfully don’t know.  Personal opinion?  Yeah, I think he would still take it.  The big question is does Detroit want him because there are conflicting reports in their media as to how his interview went.

Funny how the Jets view him as a leader of men and their top pick while Detroit may think an bad interview is enough to disqualify him. I wonder if it had something to do with Stanford’s future? The Ford family loves him. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Meanwhile, there are reports the Lions are high on Todd Bowles. It’s getting nutty out there.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Bowles is another Patricia in that he has difficulties connecting with players. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Jets players LOVED Bowles

In the beginning. Not the end. 
Having no repercussions/accountability is great in the beginning but then the losing comes and vet players start to realize the coaches don’t push them enough. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

supposedly, the GM (Ed Dodds)  Saleh wanted to work with will not be hired in Detroit.  

Yep..... Detroit gets 2 #3 picks for hiring a well qualified African American. Hey JD what have you gotten us?

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

It's actually the team that helps to develop the minority coaches and executives that get the comp picks.  So in this case, the Rams will get the picks.

Wow. Rich get richer

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually they dont.

They only get picks for developing a minority candidate 

Even so how do you blame a 1 year exec?

I don’t... just having some fun 

18 minutes ago, dcJet said:

yeah, it's an effed up rule.  If we hire someone from Patriots or Dolphins for example, they get two 3rd rounders.

Screw that! Obviously wasn’t in play when Flores was hired. Must be new.