Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

Joe Jets fan

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The way the Jets organization and the Jets fans treated Adam Gase, what do you expect?

He didn't get a chance from the beginning, the opening press conference, the twitchy fans and the bloodthirsty media out to get him, planes flying and billboards screaming for his head just 4 weeks into his coaching tenure, finished 6-2 and got no love, saw his front office get rid of the entire cover of the 2019 yearbook, have his expansion roster give 200% every game, and then had his GM throw him under the bus after winning 2 of his last 3.

Florham Park is NFL Siberia.  And that was before what the organization, media, and fans did to Gase.  Now?  Forget it.

SAR I

Not one person in planet earth gives a **** about how gase was treated. The dude was horrible. 

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You should give a **** about how Gase was treated because it leaves a lasting impression on future head coaching candidates.  Savvy?  The NFL is a tight-knit community of coaches who all know each other intimately.  

Gase inherited Maccagnan and the worst roster in the NFL.  After less than a month, he was hounded by the fans and the media relentlessly. And after finishing 6-2 his new GM got rid of all the limited talent that was on the roster and left Gase with absolutely nothing.  And then they fired him because ignorant fans wanted them to.

No top-tier head coaching candidate is going to come here because they saw what happened to their friend Adam.  These guys have wives and kids and they don't need to come to the town that worships an idiot like Rex Ryan and tortures a classy guy like Adam Gase.

You thought it would be easy to replace Gase but you forgot your Jets history.  You know, the one that says with the sole exception of three seasons of Parcells the Jets have consistently hired someone worse than the one who preceded him.  Enjoy.

SAR I

Yes gase is such a good coach he has been fired twice already. Spare me the bullsh*t. Rex Ryan sas worshipped because he brought the team to two back to back afc championship games.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

With the sole exception of Bill Parcells who had a personal vendetta against the Patriots, no decent head coaching prospect has ever come to the New York Jets.  We always get bottom-tier guys and the next one sucks worse than the one before.

It's not about Gase.  It's about the Jets.  Firing him when we did was wrong.  He was not given a fair shot here and his owner cowed to the stupid fans and his GM threw him under the bus.  This is a toxic organization, poison to a coaching career.  These guys talk.  Todd Bowles and Adam Gase are respected members of a tight-knit coaching community.  Saleh knows what's-what.

Get ready for the desperate.  Whomever the bottom two coordinators are and whoever the bottom two ex-head coaches are.  Pray for Jason Garrett because you're going to get Marvin Lewis.

SAR I

You try too hard. 

On 1/13/2021 at 6:36 PM, SAR I said:

With the sole exception of Bill Parcells who had a personal vendetta against the Patriots, no decent head coaching prospect has ever come to the New York Jets.  We always get bottom-tier guys and the next one sucks worse than the one before.

It's not about Gase.  It's about the Jets.  Firing him when we did was wrong.  He was not given a fair shot here and his owner cowed to the stupid fans and his GM threw him under the bus.  This is a toxic organization, poison to a coaching career.  These guys talk.  Todd Bowles and Adam Gase are respected members of a tight-knit coaching community.  Saleh knows what's-what.

Get ready for the desperate.  Whomever the bottom two coordinators are and whoever the bottom two ex-head coaches are.  Pray for Jason Garrett because you're going to get Marvin Lewis.

SAR I

Welp........

• Haha 3