Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s because the “other guy in the room” was Maccagnan.  So CJ did know more than the other guy.  

Don’t fear being wrong. You took a swing based on legitimate info; and apparently it’s what is being heard around the league. Kudos to you, regardless of what happens. 

According to Ian Rapoport and Peter Schrager, Saleh arrived last night and met with some of the people from the Jets organization and is now meeting with Christopher Johnson this morning.  He wil

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Because?

There's some smoke with Wilson and Niners. Admittedly, not much from the organization, but I know he wants to play there and their fans are high on him due to the fit in the system. I know Saleh is the defensive coordinator, but Shanahan mentioned that all coaches have an understanding of the three phases, so if Wilson truly fits, and Saleh borrows some of the concepts he learned from Shanahan, then I could see him pushing for Wilson. It's speculation, but just something to keep an eye on.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Bradley going to the Raiders.  Damn, Kafka sounded too good to be true. 

His scheme would have worked better in LA if they hadn't so many injuries.  But the Raiders emphasize speed so much... who knows?  That secondary sure isn't going to help him.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Set pants to "boner":

Would be great if the Jets are the first team to land their HC - you would know for certain he was the guy they wanted and they didn't have to settle.

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez

Update: Gus Bradley to the @Raiders

Cross him off Saleh possible assistant coach list. Onward and upward

Just now, southtown24th said:

agreed

just sign him and move on

**** it

Let's hope JD isn't as bored with the process after one week like we are lol

• Upvote 4
11 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Damn.  Looks like I won't be able to use that "Suck It, Lafleur!" Dodgeball reference.

2022.  When we play the Packers.

@Joe W. Namath banged the table for Saleh back during the last HC search. Unfortunately, his thread was locked due to an untoward comment. Get the wedding suit out of the closet, JWN, might be almost time for a victory lap.

6 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Would be a major mistake to fly this guy in and let him leave without a contract. 

Not uncommon..

Tho 1) maybe Douglas does things differently 2) covid restricting the normal hiring process

Just now, C Mart said:

Not uncommon..

Tho 1) maybe Douglas does things differently 2) covid restricting the normal hiring process

I'd be disappointed if Pederson isn't looked at but JD knows him better than most so gotta defer to him on it

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

There's some smoke with Wilson and Niners. Admittedly, not much from the organization, but I know he wants to play there and their fans are high on him due to the fit in the system. I know Saleh is the defensive coordinator, but Shanahan mentioned that all coaches have an understanding of the three phases, so if Wilson truly fits, and Saleh borrows some of the concepts he learned from Shanahan, then I could see him pushing for Wilson. It's speculation, but just something to keep an eye on.

I wouldnt discount that he may have a preference.

Not more than I would guess for Fields though and not for any of the speculation here

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'd be disappointed if Pederson isn't looked at but JD knows him better than most so gotta defer to him on it

I've read Pederson is looking to take some time off & consider his options later... most likely JD spoke with him already & is aware of this. 

• Upvote 3

Um maybe he is just the first in person visit because he was the earliest interview of the finalists? He was the third interview of the 9. The coaches in the playoffs can't even meet in person. Rappaport already said there will be other in person interviews.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
26 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I like him, but we haven't had pressure off the edge in 15 years which his system requires to really work. Not sure how we're going to find it all of a sudden now

Matt Judon or Bud Dupree.

25 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Would be a major mistake to fly this guy in and let him leave without a contract. 

Yeah but it’s a very Jetsy  thing to let happen and then the next day hire Marvin Lewis. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, jgb said:

@Joe W. Namath banged the table for Saleh back during the last HC search. Unfortunately, his thread was locked due to an untoward comment. Get the wedding suit out of the closet, JWN, might be almost time for a victory lap.

Yea!!! He has like 7 aliases GreekJet being a recent one . Strawberry fields , Atticus Gase. 

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yea!!! He has like 7 aliases GreekJet being a recent one . Strawberry fields , Atticus Gase. 

The sockpuppet thing is getting wild lol. Easier to abandon an account and start over rather than face the music if you're wrong about a call, I guess. Millennials! 

image.jpeg.e4f27c5b83bfc00b36dcde8c3ace88fd.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Stick it in your ear Lafleur

Rip Torn was really Patches O'houlihan.  He was still getting into bars fights well into his eighties and breaking into banks he thought were his house because he was drunk.  There was nothing "well adjusted" about the man.  God bless his memory.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Unrelated to everything earlier today I finally figured out why I always had a bad feeling about him. I never could put a handle on it until this morning. 

To me, He looks like James Franklin from PSU and as a Penn Star fan I hate that dude and cringe every time I see him. Haha

im fine with Saleh now Joe aDouglas. Please feel free to hire him. You have my blessing. If that was the hold up, just issue the contract now. This matter has been resolved. 

thanks. 

49 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Set pants to "boner":

Would be great if the Jets are the first team to land their HC - you would know for certain he was the guy they wanted and they didn't have to settle.

gus bradley was just announced as the raiders DC so i'm guessing at least that part of the tweet is just the author's guess

would definitely be on board with saleh.