Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

1. McDaniel is the star.

Remember all those new run plays and wrinkles the 49ers used for the first time in 2019? Those probably came from McDaniel. Shanahan and his father are zone-blocking purists. McDaniel is a run-game genius who has mastered every blocking scheme. Most teams would love to have him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/why-the-49ers-probably-will-lose-mike-lafleur-and-mike-mcdaniel-in-2021

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Just spoke to three people now...

Barring a snag, I believe Saleh is going to be the next Head Coach of the New York Jets.  I was told by one of them that it’s trending towards “done deal” territory.

Nervous as f*ck to be putting this out there so the team better not screw this up lmao.

I don't know who you know but keep feeding us such great information buddy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jbt said:

1. McDaniel is the star.

Remember all those new run plays and wrinkles the 49ers used for the first time in 2019? Those probably came from McDaniel. Shanahan and his father are zone-blocking purists. McDaniel is a run-game genius who has mastered every blocking scheme. Most teams would love to have him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/why-the-49ers-probably-will-lose-mike-lafleur-and-mike-mcdaniel-in-2021

Imagine him putting Becton to use in the run game.

lisa simpson bulldozer GIF

• Haha 1

A couple of random thoughts:

1. I wonder if the “Jets will be interviewing other second-round candidates in person” report was put out there so that the other teams interested in Saleh wouldn’t see the (potential) signing coming.
  2. It would be only appropriate that a coach whose football career was inspired by post-9/11 soul-searching would realize his dream of becoming an NFL head coach with the New York Jets - especially considering that September will mark the 20th anniversary of that awful day.
  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, MykePM said:

A couple of random thoughts:

1. I wonder if the “Jets will be interviewing other second-round candidates in person” report was put out there so that the other teams interested in Saleh wouldn’t see the (potential) signing coming.

Yes....yes..yes..

Sneaky GIFs | Tenor

• Upvote 2