Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

25 minutes ago, jbt said:

1. McDaniel is the star.

Remember all those new run plays and wrinkles the 49ers used for the first time in 2019? Those probably came from McDaniel. Shanahan and his father are zone-blocking purists. McDaniel is a run-game genius who has mastered every blocking scheme. Most teams would love to have him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/why-the-49ers-probably-will-lose-mike-lafleur-and-mike-mcdaniel-in-2021

Couple articles I read last night said McDaniel, not Lafleur, is the guy we should want for OC.

12 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Yep nicely done. Roots. 

Great place. 

I live walking distance from the Jets facility. All the locals know the places these guys frequent. 

Met Gore at the liquor store couple weeks back. He declined a selfie. 

Anyway the Saleh hiring seems okay. Will have to trust JD on this one. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

See I disagree with that characterization.  I think SEA was primed to be good based on having Lynch and that defense in place.  Russ was very good but not great his first 3 years.  That defense was the best in football and the 2013 version is considered the best of the decade, having held 7 opponents to under 10 points.  A lot of that was Carroll's doing.

So in my opinion, for whatever that's worth, I don't think you can just sweep that under the rug to support the Russ made Carroll argument.  Russ came into the league on a team with a great defense and great RB.  I think the timing was fortunate for both of them.

Live in Seattle. And you are, to quote a famous automotive expert, dead on balls accurate. 

• Haha 3

my number 1 pick is brady, and i am intrigued by daboll and pederson bc i think we need an offensive minded coach...but i dont hate if this is the guy. with the rumors of who he might pick at oc i might be all in. and also what the heck do i know compared to JD. if this is his guy i feel confident and if he sucks JD will follow him out the door in a few years

9 minutes ago, GQMartin said:

Great place. 

I live walking distance from the Jets facility. All the locals know the places these guys frequent. 

Met Gore at the liquor store couple weeks back. He declined a selfie. 

Anyway the Saleh hiring seems okay. Will have to trust JD on this one. 

You met Al Gore at a liquor store?!!?!?

• Haha 1