Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

1 hour ago, King P said:

Honestly, I need to know how Saleh likes his steaks. That will be the deciding factor in my approval rating of this hire 😆

Heck if the guy is a damned vegetarian.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s because the “other guy in the room” was Maccagnan.  So CJ did know more than the other guy.  

Don’t fear being wrong. You took a swing based on legitimate info; and apparently it’s what is being heard around the league. Kudos to you, regardless of what happens. 

According to Ian Rapoport and Peter Schrager, Saleh arrived last night and met with some of the people from the Jets organization and is now meeting with Christopher Johnson this morning.  He wil

Posted Images

Diet. Muslims will eat only permitted food (halal) and will not eat or drink anything that is considered forbidden (haram). Halal food requires that Allah's name is invoked at the time the animal is killed. Lamb, beef, goat and chicken, for example, are halal as long as a Muslim kills them and offers a prayer.

Googling...

Eating a cow is allowed in Islam, the Muslim religion, if it’s killed the traditional way. The place someone is raised can also influence them, some Muslims in other countries will eat all beef. Some Muslims don’t eat beef if it’s taboo or illegal (many parts of India) where they are. Meat that was slaughtered in accordance to Islamic tradition is called Halal. In the US, some Muslims often get the Filet o’ Fish at McDonalds because fish doesn’t have to be slaughtered traditionally.

2 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

And to think I opened this thread to get some sort of intelligent conversation... Silly me...

You poor gullible thing

• Haha 4
5 minutes ago, pointman said:

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Noob.

Might be a noob poster, however I've been reading this site for a long time. Now I have to go to bed... I'm mentally exhausted from reading 9 pages of nothing lol...

• Haha 2

Gotta admit, I figured the news would break by now if it were going to break tonight.  And if it doesn't break tonight, I'm not as sure as I was 6 hours ago that Saleh will be coach.

Hope I'm wrong and they get it done.

• Upvote 2
Just now, 68JET11 said:

Might be a noob poster, however I've been reading this site for a long time. Now I have to go to bed... I'm mentally exhausted from reading 9 pages of nothing lol...

Sad part is, I read it too. I hated almost all of it but kept going. Wtf. Good night, sweet prince. 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Gotta admit, I figured the news would break by now if it were going to break tonight.  And if it doesn't break tonight, I'm not as sure as I was 6 hours ago that Saleh will be coach.

Hope I'm wrong and they get it done.

Sounds like they’re going to be bringing more guys in for second interviews.

Jeremy Fowler

@JFowlerESPN

With Robert Saleh in New York for his second Jets interview, expect the Jets to bring in at least a few candidates for a second round - unless something happens quickly with Saleh. Arthur Smith is a name NYJ likes as well.

46 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

I never stated a criteria so maybe read it again, he had 1 successful year as dc, whats the hype? Gase 2.0, instead of being a dichead why don't you give me some insight on what kind of coach he is 

Apologies.   My point is that success as a DC - measured in stats- is not indicative as success as a HC. He's done very well as DC in SF though and comes highly recommended by the coaches and players there.  This year they were devastated by injuries and they still played well.   He's no Gase, who was a failed HC before he came to the Jets. He's young, enthusiastic.  Read this 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/06/06/robert-saleh-49ers-defensive-coordinator-arab-american

along with some other You-tube descriptions in this thread

• Like 1
Just now, Jetlife33 said:

Jeremy Fowler

@JFowlerESPN

With Robert Saleh in New York for his second Jets interview, expect the Jets to bring in at least a few candidates for a second round - unless something happens quickly with Saleh. Arthur Smith is a name NYJ likes as well.

That’s annoying. If JD thinks he’s the guy, don’t let him leave without a contract. 

Take him to Roscoe’s diner if needed. I don’t give a sh*t. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Ghost said:

That’s annoying. If JD thinks he’s the guy, don’t let him leave without a contract. 

Take him to Roscoe’s diner if needed. I don’t give a sh*t. 

Morristown Diner closes at 2 am. 

1 hour ago, Drums said:

The interesting thing is that a lot of people said Darnold would be good in the Shanny offense. If this all happens, we might see it happen..

Not sure the Shanny offense can de-train Darnold from throwing off his back foot or worse the classic "Darnold-up-for-grabs-chuck".  We need a new stat category for him: attempts, completions, chucks.

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@Maxman

Fire up the RV pick me up and others I'm about 30 minutes from Florham Park right off 287. 

I have at least 2 30 packs of beer steaks and eggs in the refrigerator. 

Sounds good but I am going to social distance until I get my vaccine lol.

• Haha 1