Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Let’s get this guy & his cronies. I absolutely love what the 49ers do in their running game! 
Build the Oline, protect Sam (we are not starting a rookie in 2021), even if we draft one. 
This could be like an Alex Smith/Mahomes type of situation. Rookie QB sits for a year. 

**One thing I don't see people bring up is that Joe Douglas was on staff in Philadelphia when Sam Bradford was on the roster after they selected Wentz. Eagles waited until an injury happened in training camp to maximize the return on Bradford.

Could Saleh/Douglas do the same with your point also ringing true, Sam starts next year and then hands it off to rookie.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s because the “other guy in the room” was Maccagnan.  So CJ did know more than the other guy.  

Don’t fear being wrong. You took a swing based on legitimate info; and apparently it’s what is being heard around the league. Kudos to you, regardless of what happens. 

According to Ian Rapoport and Peter Schrager, Saleh arrived last night and met with some of the people from the Jets organization and is now meeting with Christopher Johnson this morning.  He wil

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

come on!  You know you at least chuckled at some of this.  Well maybe a snicker.  Did you have a good night's sleep?  Yes?  Good! Now back to this thread.

Sorry, I did get a good nights sleep... took a while to fall, but I'm usually out like a light for a good 5 hours once I do. A bomb could go off and I probably wouldn't hear it lol...

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

These were college grads and students/interns preparing for graduate school, law school and b-school.  I was teaching LSAT, GMAT, GRE as well as app advice for Kaplan at almost every college in Northern NJ.  I've had a player, assistant coaches and other employees and their children and interns in my classes through the years.  I always told my groups I'm a Jets fan, so anyone in the class affiliated with them has always been happy to chit-chat.

Could be privileged upbringing....could be he grades out on the Autism scale.  Who knows!

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Could be privileged upbringing....could be he grades out on the Autism scale.  Who knows!

aloof, cold, abrupt have been the words from the three students (all 3 female if that matters).  I asked how often he was around, and they said always there as in the guy didn't seem to do much else.

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Agreed and the piece will repeat every hour. They made it a point to emphasize that it's known league-wide that he will be getting a  head coaching job, and the Jets should learn from past mistakes like with Kliff Kingsbury. If he's there guy Jump On It

Good news, this is encouraging.  Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah I guess.  Like I said to Pac, it’s more about letting you guys all down, as corny as that sounds.  That’s always how my anxiety has worked.  Great, big, and fun fear of disappointing people..

Great job @Mogglez. Appreciate you sharing all of the info you've had access to.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Kay adams is a dime piece for sure but she’s made some questionable dating decisions 

9FDAB132-56A8-4915-8908-3FD78E23BC59.jpeg

God knows what Amendola is packin'.  He broke up with both Kay and former Miss Universe, Olivia Culpo.  Must be nice.

42ffb99aefd754f184fb88b41ed9279d_md.jpg

1 minute ago, Jet2020 said:

Every potential HC we passed on for Gase was a mistake. 

Every potential HC we passed on for Gase had a better team.  

We need a coaching upgrade, but it’s not going to solve our problem.  We have the weakest roster in the NFL, blew the QB pick in the 2018 draft, and saw our new GM trade or release all our playmakers. 

SAR I

30 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

To all the new Kay Adams fans:  Where the f*ck have you guys been since 2016?  She's about the only reason to watch that train wreck of a show.   And she speaks fluent Polish.  

zeq6v2jyriv51.jpg

DqCPeX8X4AEZ-c1.jpg

source.gif

I had direct TV a few years back and before she moved up, I’d watch her direct tv broadcast only because she was on it. What a smoke show.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Every potential HC we passed on for Gase had a better team.  

We need a coaching upgrade, but it’s not going to solve our problem.  We have the weakest roster in the NFL, blew the QB pick in the 2018 draft, and saw our new GM trade or release all our playmakers. 

SAR I

Hopefully Gases new HC job will have a better roster for him to work with. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

It's not my personal opinion that klingsbury was a mistake, they were just making a reference to it on gmfb. I would imagine that the Jets liked klingsbury but didn't realize there's only five freaking jobs available and they can't take their sweet time. The point is if this is your guy get it done.

While Kingsbury was very interested in the Jets, and they did everything they could to not let him get on that plane the next day to go see Arizona, he's preference/mind was was made up prior about taking the Arizona job. He still had 2M a year coming in from Texas Tech that actually ends this month from his buyout. It was close but felt the Arizona job was more promising and a better fit at the time.

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

**One thing I don't see people bring up is that Joe Douglas was on staff in Philadelphia when Sam Bradford was on the roster after they selected Wentz. Eagles waited until an injury happened in training camp to maximize the return on Bradford.

Could Saleh/Douglas do the same with your point also ringing true, Sam starts next year and then hands it off to rookie.

This is actually what I'm expecting.

I also wouldn't be stunned to see he Jets trade out of 2, and draft someone like Mac Jones.  Not what I want, but won't be surprised.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hopefully Gases new HC job will have a better roster for him to work with. 

Depends upon how well Bill Belichick drafts in New England the next few years.

SAR I

This was part of an article about McDaniels and LaFleur - not sure why they took such a shot at LaFleur, or if the write even knows the SF passing concepts, but thought it was worth posting.

LaFleur is not a star

McDaniel is the mastermind behind the run game. Shanahan and his father are the masterminds behind the play-action game. And LaFleur is responsible for the drop-back passing game, which is not particularly sophisticated -- they avoid using it as much as possible. Call it the third wheel on offense.

Bill Walsh invented the most sophisticated drop-back passing game of all time, and it featured progressions and triangles. Meaning three receivers would finish their routes on the same side of the field and form a triangle. And they’d finish their routes one after the other, not all at once. So if the first receiver wasn’t open, the second receiver would finish his route precisely when the quarterback looked for him.

LaFleur’s passing game generally doesn’t feature many triangles or progressions. Instead, he usually calls passes designed to beat specific coverages. He calls “Cover 3 beaters” or “man beaters.” Meaning he guesses what coverage the defense will use. If he guesses correctly, the play works. If he guesses wrong, the play doesn’t work.

Love Saleh as the head coach..I am a little sketchy about Lafleur but I'll complain about that if/when he actually gets hired.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

7 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I had direct TV a few years back and before she moved up, I’d watch her direct tv broadcast only because she was on it. What a smoke show.

Even with her hair up in silly styles, Kay is one of those women who is just adorably cute.  Perfect face with sparkling eyes.   

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Cute, but doesn’t know what side of her chest her heart is in. 

source.gif

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This is actually what I'm expecting.

I also wouldn't be stunned to see he Jets trade out of 2, and draft someone like Mac Jones.  Not what I want, but won't be surprised.

Actually, James Morgan is the Wentz in this situation

35 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Kay adams is a dime piece for sure but she’s made some questionable dating decisions 

9FDAB132-56A8-4915-8908-3FD78E23BC59.jpeg

I've never been envious of someone else's hands before, but........😏

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just keep the Johnson's away (especially Chris) from poking his nose in this other than to sign off on it...anyone that would say that Gase is an offensive genius just needs to be as far away from negotiations as possible.   If Saleh gets on a plane without a contract, don't expect him back.  

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah I guess.  Like I said to Pac, it’s more about letting you guys all down, as corny as that sounds.  That’s always how my anxiety has worked.  Great, big, and fun fear of disappointing people..

I think you are putting too much pressure on yourself. You share what you learn, you're not writing fan fiction :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Welcome to my former dating life.

• Haha 3

Thanks to my anxiety I have gotten a whopping three and half hours of sleep because I’m so afraid of being wrong, but at least the checkmarks are hearing the same things I’ve heard since yesterday.

I'm sure you're familiar-ish with all the cbt stuff, but catastrophize this sh*t... what is the actual worst case outcome?  That people make fun of you on jet nation dot com (they already do) or people give you crap next time you post some intel (they already do, and they will).  Other than that, get me to nuclear war here...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2