Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s because the “other guy in the room” was Maccagnan.  So CJ did know more than the other guy.  

Don’t fear being wrong. You took a swing based on legitimate info; and apparently it’s what is being heard around the league. Kudos to you, regardless of what happens. 

According to Ian Rapoport and Peter Schrager, Saleh arrived last night and met with some of the people from the Jets organization and is now meeting with Christopher Johnson this morning.  He wil

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I'm sure you're familiar-ish with all the cbt stuff, but catastrophize this sh*t... what is the actual worst case outcome?  That people make fun of you on jet nation dot com (they already do) or people give you crap next time you post some intel (they already do, and they will).  Other than that, get me to nuclear war here...

Been doing that since last night.  Really appreciate the serious recommendation.  You’re 100% right.  CBT is a genuine life-saver.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

I think you are putting too much pressure on yourself. You share what you learn, you're not writing fan fiction :) 

Story of my life lol.  Appreciate you and everyone here understanding my intentions and not threatening to kill me if something falls apart haha.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Story of my life lol.  Appreciate you and everyone here understanding my intentions and not threatening to kill me if something falls apart haha.

I will kill you! 😉😁

jk

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Breakfast.  You think Saleh is a bacon man or a sausage man?

SAR I

..neither. he's a vegetarian.

22 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This is actually what I'm expecting.

I also wouldn't be stunned to see he Jets trade out of 2, and draft someone like Mac Jones.  Not what I want, but won't be surprised.

Your living in fantasy land.We have too many needs to take a flyer on. Career backup. Which Mac Jones will be. Probably.

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Why is Kingsbury a mistake? He was a Hail Mary away from a losing record

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Because he arguably has the best overall team in the division and after the league got a ton of tape on what they do the Cardinals turned to dog sh*t.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We all appreciate yours and football guy’s information and take it for what it is. The guys who can’t handle it, and maybe there’s a few here, should seek help. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This is actually what I'm expecting.

I also wouldn't be stunned to see he Jets trade out of 2, and draft someone like Mac Jones.  Not what I want, but won't be surprised.

Yea I could definitely see that as well. I think Douglas is salivating at the thought of trading down and really showing off his scouting/draft skills.

Aside from the awkwardness of having 2 QBs and some drama that may ensue, if Sam balls out next year and proves us wrong, I'd have no problem trying to sign Sam long term and trade the rookie. Having 2 attractive QBs is never a bad thing. (That's assuming we don't get solid value for Sam during draft)

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You're nice enough to share with us, thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

If we hire him I would like a much more experienced OC than LaFleur.  I like that he worked for Shanahan who I think is a brilliant offensive coach but he really didn't have a ton of responsibility for that O.   Maybe an assistant but not the OC. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, genot said:

Your living in fantasy land.We have too many needs to take a flyer on. Career backup. Which Mac Jones will be. Probably.

I'd imagine you would not make the selection of you think Jones is a career backup. Insert any other QBs name.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

728FCDE0-24F3-4C15-9446-A6D696F55AAE.gif

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, J_Smith said:

Oddly enough i think it’s encouraging that CJ wasn’t involved last night. Let JD run the show, have the owner come in the morning to write the check. Not sure if that’s how it was done last go around 

Do we know CJ wasn’t part of their dinner last night?  For all we know the dinner was just a social gathering getting to know everyone. 

Remember the report of Jets taking Darnold out to dinner, everyone was present ie GM, Asst GM, HC and CJ. Darnold then came back next day for meetings. 

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Been doing that since last night.  Really appreciate the serious recommendation.  You’re 100% right.  CBT is a genuine life-saver.

As for you other point, you mentioned letting us down.  First, you've already been proven right.  It's settled.  But, there's still a million variables in play, none of which you or your information has any control over.  What if Saleh doesn't like the Johnsons?  What if the money is no good?  What if Detriot calls and offers 25% more?  What if he decides he doesn't want to move his family across the country?  What if he bombs the 2nd interview?  None of this is on you, so stop being so narcissistic (joking, kind of, not really, ha).

And, anyone who is let down because your information didn't pan out into a signing ****s sheep.  And, I mean that.  Literally.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We'd just strip your press credentials and ship you off to Philly. But I can guarantee your physical safety. :) 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

I disagree, the fans hate the owner, but people who work for him tend to like him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That indicates nothing.

He may just be a nice guy, who in turn hires people who appreciate that about him. Their performance as an organization however, is a failure in every aspect. Being liked alone does not equate to success. A serious, informed candidate may see what's going on here and just decide it's not worth it (like Belichick did). 

If Douglas doesn't draft a QB like Wilson or Fields. He's not drafting one. He'll sign one as a free agent to back up, or compete with Darnold. He drafted a QB last year. 

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

As for you other point, you mentioned letting us down.  First, you've already been proven right.  It's settled.  But, there's still a million variables in play, none of which you or your information has any control over.  What if Saleh doesn't like the Johnsons?  What if the money is no good?  What if Detriot calls and offers 25% more?  What if he decides he doesn't want to move his family across the country?  What if he bombs the 2nd interview?  None of this is on you, so stop being so narcissistic (joking, kind of, not really, ha).

And, anyone who is let down because your information didn't pan out into a signing ****s sheep.  And, I mean that.  Literally.

And to think I traveled to see a therapist 2 times a week when all I needed to do was log into JetNation hahaha.

Seriously man.  Thank you so much.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Dcat said:

These were college grads and students/interns preparing for graduate school, law school and b-school.  I was teaching LSAT, GMAT, GRE as well as app advice for Kaplan at almost every college in Northern NJ.  I've had a player, assistant coaches and other employees and their children and interns in my classes through the years.  I always told my groups I'm a Jets fan, so anyone in the class affiliated with them has always been happy to chit-chat.

cool. ok so i believe that woody is a not so warm a fella thanks to YOU!

I hope Bob Salad is interrogating the Jets and interviewing them. They have been a complete disgrace and no one in their right mind would come here without some reasons/plan as to what they will do differently as an organization. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, genot said:

If Douglas doesn't draft a QB like Wilson or Fields. He's not drafting one. He'll sign one as a free agent to back up, or compete with Darnold. He drafted a QB last year. 

Lenny Breau fan.  Hunh?  Jeez.  Haven't listened to that guy in years.  So sad he went the way he did.  I have a good documentary about him a friend gave to me.  I'm more a Charlie Christian/Grant Green man myself.  But those harp overtones Lenny did were something else.

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I hope Bob Salad is interrogating the Jets and interviewing them. They have been a complete disgrace and no one in their right mind would come here without some reasons/plan as to what they will do differently as an organization. 

I hope not cause that would probably mean he's not signing here

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Lenny Breau fan.  Hunh?  Jeez.  Haven't listened to that guy in years.  So sad he went the way he did.  I have a good documentary about him a friend gave to me.  I'm more a Charlie Christian/Grant Green man myself.  But those harp overtones Lenny did were something else.

Wow. My favorite poster. He did so many things that we're original and unique. What he could have accomplished musically, if he wasn't a junkie is beyond belief.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I think your just trying to pull the wool over our eyes - bah bah 😁

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, genot said:

Wow. My favorite poster. He did so many things that we're original and unique. What he could have accomplished musically, if he wasn't a junkie is beyond belief.

If you haven't seen the documentary... try and find it.  It's really good.  Chet Atkins cries in it over him.  Really puts being a musician in perspective.  Lenny was great at playing the guitar and doing drugs.  He just wasn't good at doing anything else.

I am not opposed to Saleh as HC. Maybe not super excited but I could see him being successful. 

My bigger problem is it seems like we are just retreating to what is comfortable and just hiring the hot DC with a different personality than the last one. 

It's like we dipped our feet in the offensive side of coaching (with the worst possible choice) failed and then we are just giving up and going back to what's comfortable.

Hopefully Saleh is different and will want a dynamic offense but I doubt it. If he brings LaFleur or McDaniel and plans to run the Shanahan offense then Wilson is a far better fit than Fields, especially considering his experience under center.

I understand the allure of trading back and getting lots of picks, but it just seems more logical to me that you draft a QB and have the 3 most important pieces all essentially with 4 year deals to get it done, and the QB under a rookie contract. 

I am also not sure that the choice between LaFleur and McDaniel is as important as the choice of QB coach. I would prefer Kafka if there is any truth at all to those rumours.

• Upvote 1