Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This organization is just horrible.  They'll sign Bell or Favre in a heartbeat - horrible signings both - but can't close the deal on anybody who might actually positively impact the direction of the franchise.  Now we'll get sloppy 6ths again.

Off topic...but....we were on our way to a division title and possible #1 seed in the AFC until Favre got hurt and refused to come out.   I would not call that a horrible signing.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Welcome to the board!

For what it’s worth, I was told hours ago when I initially got the information I passed along here that an answer was more likely to come from Saleh tomorrow so this does line up.  I’m still trying to figure out the details but, yes, an offer has been formally made.  Heard the initial deal is 3-4 years (probably 4 to line up with JD’s contract. I will say that I don’t know if Saleh’s camp will want more).  Money unknown.  The team, obviously, wanted an answer from Saleh tonight but the expectation was always that tomorrow was more likely.  Not really unusual.  Probably wants to talk to his wife, family, etc.

Hoping we wake up to news that he’s accepted the deal.  Hopefully he wants us as much as we want him.

This should be pinned to the top of the board. I don't know what you get out of this Mogglez. Keep in mind Chris Johnson didn't meet Saleh until the next morning. Its false and embarrassing that it wont affect peoples misplaced belief in this guy

• Thumb Down 8

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Let the process play out. I'm glad they are being thorough. No rush till you find the right guy!

There is no way Joe is bringing everyone on the 2nd round to CJ if he is leading the search.   Money or the wife is the blame right now but I'm sure she has done her homework way in advance of this 2nd interview.  I say we balked on $$$$

5 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

What just happened? He left?

Is this an, "I'm leaving the dealership, sorry we couldn't reach a deal on the SUV" bargaining posture, or did something happen when one or both sides decided to move on?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

For what it's worth, it was their first time actually meeting in person. I can understand if they'd like to meet other people as well. There is only so much you can learn from Zoom before meeting someone.

That said, letting him leave likely means he won't be our HC. If that's the case I shift my attention to Daboll and Brady.

It's not over yet.  I do wonder what their priority list is.  If  Saleh was the top guy and they let him go, then they obviously failed to close the deal.  I don't recall what the polls here revealed but i don't think Saleh was the top choice among fans here?

The entire NFL world thought he was signing and now he left.  This is not being "thorough."  This is they couldn't reach a deal. We don't know the reason why or who didn't satisfy who, but it smacks of two years ago all over again.  And to compare this to interviewing in the business world is not accurate. There are 6-7 teams with openings and they are publicly competing with each other for the same slate of candidates.  He who waits gets the scraps.  It's like hunting for apartments in NYC before the pandemic. The demand is greater than the supply.  Saleh had a staff assembled from a successful organization and a successful coaching tree.  That makes him less of a question than other candidates. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

For what it's worth, it was their first time actually meeting in person. I can understand if they'd like to meet other people as well. There is only so much you can learn from Zoom before meeting someone.

That said, letting him leave likely means he won't be our HC. If that's the case I shift my attention to Daboll and Brady.

Problem is, Daboll can't be interviewed until the Bills are eliminated.  That could take a while.

• Upvote 1