Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Or did the Jets tell him he was a finalist for the job and they would be conducting other 2nd interviews. The reporting all along has been that the Jets planned on bringing in multiple people for 2nd interviews. 

IF an offer was indeed made, it would be reasonable for Jets to say "we will hold it open for 24/48 hours whatever, but in the meantime we will be continuing our process, you understand." The guy's not even allowed to sleep on it and discuss with his family/agent? Lol some of you guys.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's enough to just say that I disagree. If Jets offered Saleh knows they aren't offering someone else the job within 24 hours. Never heard of a job offer with an acceptance window that closes when the interview ends.

Who said they offered anything? Isn't it quite possible that they've planned on having multiple 2nd interviews all along? That is what has been reported all along. That narrative only changed on this site. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Who said they offered anything? Isn't it quite possible that they've planned on having multiple 2nd interviews all along? That is what has been reported all along. That narrative only changed on this site. 

The word "if" in my post should be self-explanatory.

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

This is just not accurate. If you want the job, you take the job. There are no place for feelings on professional sports. It's a cutthroat business. What if he is doing what you say but then loses out on the Jets job bc they didn't want to wait then the Eagles decide to choose someone else? It's a game of musical chairs and you don't want to be the last one standing. 

Meh. You never interviewed multiple spots knowing you're leaning towards somewhere else? Plus he's going to Philly. It's a quick stop to hear another team out and what they're offering. 

Really don't think it's unusual at all. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

No I realized after I said that, he won’t be coming in till after they’re eliminated. Flying in would trigger some kind of quarantine I’m sure. 

If we really like Staley, we'd need to have a fall-back option in case some one else scoops him up early next week while we wait. Daboll, Glenn and Bieniemy of those we interviewed, or Martindale. 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

IF an offer was indeed made, it would be reasonable for Jets to say "we will hold it open for 24/48 hours whatever, but in the meantime we will be continuing our process, you understand. The guy's not even allowed to sleep on it and discuss with his family/agent? lol. 

I didn't say that. But you're assuming they offered him the position. I'm sure they talked about contract parameters, which is standard, but offering the job is a whole other thing. How quickly their next scheduled 2nd interview is will say a lot. If it's multiple days away then they weren't planning on bringing other candidates in. If it's soon then they were. I guess we'll see. 

Just now, choon328 said:

I didn't say that. But you're assuming they offered him the position. I'm sure they talked about contract parameters, which is standard, but offering the job is a whole other thing. How quickly their next scheduled 2nd interview is will say a lot. If it's multiple days away then they weren't planning on bringing other candidates in. If it's soon then they were. I guess we'll see. 

I said "If Jets offered" and then offered an opinion based on that condition. Why is this unclear? 

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Meh. You never interviewed multiple spots knowing you're leaning towards somewhere else? Plus he's going to Philly. It's a quick stop to hear another team out and what they're offering. 

Really don't think it's unusual at all. 

The Jaguars opening is looming. I doubt anybody under consideration for that job will agree anywhere else before that's decided. 

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Stop being rational

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Growing up, telling my dad “calm down” was worse than saying fu ck you. He would go apesh*t.

lol I had an ex gf that would lose her sh*t if I said "easy". So of course I used that word with her on nearly a daily basis :P I especially liked to drag it on eeeeeasy

• Haha 1

Just now, HighPitch said:

my gut says everything was going great until woody brought up money. man this really sucks a few hours ago i realized i made a mistake on my taxes and i wont be getting and extra few grand. now this........

You tried to save a couple of hundred and lost a few thousand. Hire an accountant big boy

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Exactly. Everyone get some perspective. The NFL is a fraternity. He agreed to an interview with the Eagles that had already been set up. The private jet set up by Lurie was probably already waiting for him. What goes around comes around in such a small industry. Get the reputation as someone who doesn't honor commitments and that could hurt him for jobs down the line. Could also be a negotiating tactic by Saleh even if there's mutual interest with Jets. Nothing is effed here.

Maybe they broke up. Maybe not. This is a profession and business. Do we want a coach to fall all over us and not keep other commitments, if they have been made? Do the Jets want to not conduct total due diligence and vet every candidate to the best of their ability?

If I am Chris Johnson, and JD only brings me one candidate to meet me in person, I would have to wonder if he is doing his full due diligence. If JD is owning this responsibility, do it fully. Present options. That allows comparisons to be made.

Don't marry  the first girl you F. 

• Upvote 2