Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

22 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

did not expect him to emerge as the front runner, but I like it! 

I like it too, but it doesn’t necessarily make him the front runner.

Remember, teams can’t bring coaches for in person interviews yet, if their team is still in the playoffs.

There could still be other guys they are planning to bring in.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Seems like a well respected young coach.  While I have no way of knowing if he would or would not make a good HC, I would be happy with this hire. 

And, if it did not work out, he was a tight end in college, guy looks like he could still suit up, and given the state of our TE depth chart....

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That is a stunner.  In a good way. He's been my top choice for a few weeks now partly due to his potential to hire a promising young OC, but Kafka?  Giddy up.

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That would be a nice combo, but if  Bienemy moves on I would think Kafka would take over the offense in KC.   Maybe he wants to get out from under Reid’s shadow (and that’s a very large shadow).

I'd be ok with Kafka or LaFleur as OC.  But the "source" that thinks it's Kafka is a Sirius Radio Host giving his opinion.

2 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

I like it too, but it doesn’t necessarily make him the front runner.

Remember, teams can’t bring coaches for in person interviews yet, if their team is still in the playoffs.

There could still be other guys they are planning to bring in.

Remember the Lions and others may want him, if you want him you have to get off the pot

6 hours ago, QB1 said:

you still interview people before you hire them..

Not if you worked with him in Philly and either weren't impressed or just didnt like him.

Everyone assumes that because they were in the same building wants Pederson, likes and or is impressed with him.  I dont know why the opposite isnt an option to people

Pederson coming late to the party is an issue unless JD loves him.  If Pederson even wants to coach now

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

sjm-saleh.jpg?w=640

If you like the rah-rah emotional sideline prancer, the Pete Carroll 1994 type, he's your man.

Updated List:

Pederson:  Yes
Daboll:  Yes
Brady:  Yes
Saleh:  Yes
Glenn:  Yes
---------
Bienemy:  NO
Lewis:  NO
Mullen:  NO
Martindale:  NO
---------
Graham:  Declined
Harbaugh:  Declined
Campbell:  Declined

SAR I

Saleh just emanates leadership and culture i think the bald-headed Duo would work well together. 

20 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

All I can think about with this announcement is all those people giving @football guy a hard time and bringing pitchforks and now feeling like turfs knowing football guy just did this after being validated by these “real sources”...

image.gif.8f62cbc707059a86d8e9c516cb1c7144.gif

Refresh our memories.... what did fg say? I remember he posted something

18 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That would be a nice combo, but if  Bienemy moves on I would think Kafka would take over the offense in KC.   Maybe he wants to get out from under Reid’s shadow (and that’s a very large shadow).

Or maybe Bieniemy doest get one of the HC gigs and hes stuck behind him again

2 minutes ago, ToonforPrez said:

Saleh just emanates leadership and culture i think the bald-headed Duo would work well together. 

Agreed.

And the Johnson's tend to go for opposites to try to flip the culture quickly.  Saleh is the anti-Gase from a personality standpoint.  Energetic and animated vs. quiet and pensive.

If we're not going to get an experienced head coach and must choose a coordinator, this is the guy I'd prefer.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Jets or bust? Soooo we're the only ones interested? Ehhhh

Or you can read it as the Jets are the only job hes interested in.

I love the idea that we should be scared because the Lions arent interested in Saleh though lol

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not if you worked with him in Philly and either weren't impressed or just didnt like him.

Everyone assumes that because they were in the same building JD wants Pederson, dont know why the opposite isnt an option to people

Pederson coming late to the party is an issue unless JD loves him.  If Pederson even wants to coach now

"Late to the party" they interviewed Daboll yesterday and still have other guys on their list to interview 

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Refresh our memories.... what did fg say? I remember he posted something

His source said It was Saleh and they we’re trying to schedule an in person interview but they had to contact the league and expected to hear back in 24-48 hrs(fell right in that timeframe too I believe)