Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

24th in points and 21st in Yards is not bad considering the best all around RB in the nfl only played in 3 games.  They had two 1000 yd WR's. When is the last time we had 1 of those??? They did a lot with an average QB and their best player on offense gone for 80% of the games.

Who is the best all-around RB in the NFL? Are we talking about a Buc?

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Brady really lit the league on fire last season

He had 3 different players go for 1000 yards this season with Teddy Bridgewater at QB.  Pretty impressive for a year 1 OC if you ask me.  When was the last time the Jets had multiple players go for 1000 yards?

51 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Not one person in planet earth gives a **** about how gase was treated. The dude was horrible. 

You should give a **** about how Gase was treated because it leaves a lasting impression on future head coaching candidates.  Savvy?  The NFL is a tight-knit community of coaches who all know each other intimately.  

Gase inherited Maccagnan and the worst roster in the NFL.  After less than a month, he was hounded by the fans and the media relentlessly. And after finishing 6-2 his new GM got rid of all the limited talent that was on the roster and left Gase with absolutely nothing.  And then they fired him because ignorant fans wanted them to.

No top-tier head coaching candidate is going to come here because they saw what happened to their friend Adam.  These guys have wives and kids and they don't need to come to the town that worships an idiot like Rex Ryan and tortures a classy guy like Adam Gase.

You thought it would be easy to replace Gase but you forgot your Jets history.  You know, the one that says with the sole exception of three seasons of Parcells the Jets have consistently hired someone worse than the one who preceded him.  Enjoy.

SAR I

6 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  The opening of She's Come Undone is literally Lenny teaching Randy Bachman open harmonics.  Lenny got him to buy a standard book of jazz chords and it really opened his playing.  Though I think you see Lenny's teaching more in Andy Summers.  The open harmonic approach really opened his playing.  Because he rarely played solos and did a lot of extensive chord work.  And then you add that lush Ibanez chorus sound he had and those open harmonics just flow over it like a clean strain of water.

Dom Troiano not too shabby either!

26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

A bit of a tangent here but I think Carolina is a really good tradedown candidate if the Jets want to move back from #2.  They might want to go QB.

I dunno. It's hard to live in a world where Jets fans think that we may stick with Darnold while CAR moves on from Bridge, with that contract and a much better performance in 2020 under trying circumstance.

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

I expect a designed leak/announcement shortly.

If it's all gamesmanship with Saleh, Jets need leverage stat that they are not slowing down.

What time does his flight land?

He went to Philadelphia after leaving Florham Park to meet with the Eagles it was reported. 

You should give a **** about how Gase was treated because it leaves a lasting impression on future head coaching candidates.  Savvy?  The NFL is a tight-knit community of coaches who all know each other intimately.  
Gase inherited Maccagnan and the worst roster in the NFL.  After less than a month, he was hounded by the fans and the media relentlessly. And after finishing 6-2 his new GM got rid of all the limited talent that was on the roster and left Gase with absolutely nothing.  And then they fired him because ignorant fans wanted them to.
No top-tier head coaching candidate is going to come here because they saw what happened to their friend Adam.  These guys have wives and kids and they don't need to come to the town that worships an idiot like Rex Ryan and tortures a classy guy like Adam Gase.
You thought it would be easy to replace Gase but you forgot your Jets history.  You know, the one that says with the sole exception of three seasons of Parcells the Jets have consistently hired someone worse than the one who preceded him.  Enjoy.
SAR I

You’re starting with the Poor Adam Gase nonsense again, the guy sucked as HC from start to finish. Enough with him, it brings bad vibes to the board.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't think Gase was treated like dirty for the minute he got here.  He did kickoff his entire tenure with one of the strangest press conferences in the team's history.  

What Adam said in the press conference was perfectly fine, perfectly professional.  He has a medical condition with his eyes his whole career and because it looked funny on TV and because ESPN made it into a Buttfumble-moment, sensitive Mets fans overreacted to the water cooler teasing like they always do and hated the guy for it.

Either way, Gase finished 6-2 with a terrible Maccagnan roster, Douglas came in and got rid of all the talent there was, the entire draft class missed almost half a season to injuries, and the quarterback busted.  

To SOJF's, that's grounds for termination.  To the rest of the NFL coaching brotherhood, that's inconceivable, that's unfair, that's harassment and workplace bullying, they see one of their own set up to fail by a GM they don't know and don't trust and that's why no one good is going to come here until the other 6 great jobs are all filled.  Bowles and Gase were bottom-of-the barrel candidates and they didn't have a roster this bad. 

Watch what you wish for.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

What Adam said in the press conference was perfectly fine, perfectly professional.  He has a medical condition with his eyes his whole career and because it looked funny on TV and because ESPN made it into a Buttfumble-moment, sensitive Mets fans overreacted to the water cooler teasing like they always do and hated the guy for it.

Either way, Gase finished 6-2 with a terrible Maccagnan roster, Douglas came in and got rid of all the talent there was, the entire draft class missed almost half a season to injuries, and the quarterback busted.  

To SOJF's, that's grounds for termination.  To the rest of the NFL coaching brotherhood, that's workplace bullying, they see one of their own set up to fail by a GM they don't know and don't trust and that's why no one good is going to come here until the other 6 great jobs are all filled.  Bowles and Gase were bottom-of-the barrel candidates and they didn't have a roster this bad. 

Watch what you wish for.

SAR I

Adam Gase finished 9-23 as the NY Jets HC  

23-25 as Dolphins HC 

Combined career HC record  32-48 

LOSER 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Adam Gase finished 9-23 as the NY Jets HC  

23-25 as Dolphins HC 

Combined career HC record  32-48 

LOSER 

You're doing it wrong. You need to pick an arbitrary timeframe that fits your narrative and only talk about that.

4 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

You’re starting with the Poor Adam Gase nonsense again, the guy sucked as HC from start to finish. Enough with him, it brings bad vibes to the board.

It's not about Gase.  It's about the Jets.

Look at it from the perspective of someone like Saleh, his wife, and his agent.  The Jets dealt Gase a terrible hand after he finished 6-2.  Douglas got rid of all the talent on the team and when the team couldn't win he stabbed his friend in the back and got him fired.  Gase was dragged through the mud, humiliated.  No other fanbase flies planes and buys billboards.  Wives and kids have to see that.  Wives and kids have to go to their jobs and their schools.  Agents are rated by their placements, what teams they can get interest from, how big the contracts are.

Add it all up, Florham Park is NFL Siberia.  The Jets job is the worst head coaching job in all of professional sports, I dare you to name one that's worse.  

Yet you think the top tier NFL head coaching candidates are going to show up for their first in-person interview and sign on the spot?  Wake up.  Smell coffee.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yes gase is such a good coach he has been fired twice already. Spare me the bullsh*t. Rex Ryan sas worshipped because he brought the team to two back to back afc championship games.

• Upvote 1