Jump to content

Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m kind of gun shy to put anything out there again after yesterday...but I don’t think the door is closed on Saleh...at all.  I’ll just leave it there.

Don't know why you would be hesitant.  everything you said happened.  Guy didn't sign the contract.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s because the “other guy in the room” was Maccagnan.  So CJ did know more than the other guy.  

Don’t fear being wrong. You took a swing based on legitimate info; and apparently it’s what is being heard around the league. Kudos to you, regardless of what happens. 

According to Ian Rapoport and Peter Schrager, Saleh arrived last night and met with some of the people from the Jets organization and is now meeting with Christopher Johnson this morning.  He wil

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m kind of gun shy to put anything out there again after yesterday...but I don’t think the door is closed on Saleh...at all.  I’ll just leave it there.

Keep posting, it gives us hope!

Ive been wanting Saleh for 2 years, based on absolutely nothing else but he looks like a football guy and not my accountant.

Thanks Mogglez!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m kind of gun shy to put anything out there again after yesterday...but I don’t think the door is totally closed on Saleh...at all.  I’ll just leave it there.


But it’s only what you’re hearing. Nothing is written in stone and we understand that.


Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grandy said:

So? We shouldn't get as much info on candidates and sign the first guy that flies in because we hired bad people in the past? 

If people gave up on something because it didn't work a certain time, literally nothing would happen in humanity. Vetting and doing as much research into candidates isn't something that guarantees success, but you're more likely to find it than not doing that process at all.

We're talking about the Johnsons...that's so. You're nice speech might work on a sitcom but not when it comes to the Jets' owner learning from past mistakes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The biggest boom or bust candidate is Brady and I'm hoping that's who they go with. I think he'll have the most creative and QB friendly offense. Hell, maybe we'll even have a 1000 yd WR next year. 

Well in 2015 you had 2 1,000 yd + receivers Marshall 1502 and Decker 1027.. So get Fitzmagic back and Chan the man Gailey..😇

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

From what I’ve heard, it wasn’t just the Jets who wanted to explore all options.

Good... Don't rush... make sure both sides want each other... All the candidates out there are about the same... and nobody has been hired yet on the other teams looking for a HC... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah I guess.  It’s really just fear, as usual but f*ck it:

I kind of alluded to it above.  Neither side was fully ready to commit to the other.  There is still mutual interest and, unless Smith blows JDs d*ck off tonight, I believe both sides will remain in touch.

I’m not connected to anyone with Detroit so I have no idea what they truly believe about Saleh (I’ve seen mixed reports), but I will start worry if they hire Dodds to be their GM.  The only other team I’m genuinely concerned about is Jacksonville, should Urban Meyer turn them down.

If Urban Meyer turns down Jax... Don't you think he comes to the Jets next?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skeptable said:

If Urban Meyer turns down Jax... Don't you think he comes to the Jets next?

I think if Meyer turns down Jacksonville, he isn’t interested in coaching.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah I guess.  It’s really just fear, as usual but f*ck it:
I kind of alluded to it above.  Neither side was fully ready to commit to the other.  There is still mutual interest and, unless Smith blows JDs d*ck off tonight, I believe both sides will remain in touch.
I’m not connected to anyone with Detroit so I have no idea what they truly believe about Saleh (I’ve seen mixed reports), but I will start worry if they hire Dodds to be their GM.  The only other team I’m genuinely concerned about is Jacksonville, should Urban Meyer turn them down.


You think Jax would go with a DC with Trevor coming to town?


Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prime21 said:

 


You think Jax would go with a DC with Trevor coming to town?


Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

 

I know he’s on their short list to interview, should Meyer turn them down.  Like us, they’re looking for the best coach, not the best offensive specialist.

It’s tough to say though.

Personally, I think Jacksonville is the first domino that needs to fall because I think Daboll has the LAC job all but locked up and that makes us the most desirable job left.  If Meyer takes the job and Daboll goes to LA, I think we get our guy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah I guess.  It’s really just fear, as usual but f*ck it:

I kind of alluded to it above.  Neither side was fully ready to commit to the other.  There is still mutual interest and, unless Smith blows JDs d*ck off tonight, I believe both sides will remain in touch.

I’m not connected to anyone with Detroit so I have no idea what they truly believe about Saleh (I’ve seen mixed reports), but I will start worry if they hire Dodds to be their GM.  The only other team I’m genuinely concerned about is Jacksonville, should Urban Meyer turn them down.

You had mentioned you were told the Jets had made an offer.  I read this is that you are now being told the Jets have yet to make one. Is that an accurate interpretation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

With the sole exception of Bill Parcells who had a personal vendetta against the Patriots, no decent head coaching prospect has ever come to the New York Jets.  We always get bottom-tier guys and the next one sucks worse than the one before.

It's not about Gase.  It's about the Jets.  Firing him when we did was wrong.  He was not given a fair shot here and his owner cowed to the stupid fans and his GM threw him under the bus.  This is a toxic organization, poison to a coaching career.  These guys talk.  Todd Bowles and Adam Gase are respected members of a tight-knit coaching community.  Saleh knows what's-what.

Get ready for the desperate.  Whomever the bottom two coordinators are and whoever the bottom two ex-head coaches are.  Pray for Jason Garrett because you're going to get Marvin Lewis.

SAR I

You try too hard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

I can get that, in theory, if everything being hypothesized here is actually true.  However, it's been made abundantly clear that everything here is just a series of best guesses (even from the media folks talking about this).  Let's not forget, it was just yesterday there were hours of reports about the ongoing meetings with the Jets, when it turned out he hadn't even flown in yet.  A lot of this is questionable to say the least and based on assumptions, so while I'll have no issue if this announcement gets made, as I always though Saleh was a good candidate, I'm also not getting the meltdown if that doesn't happen either.

If it turns out Arthur Smith was actually their top candidate, but they simply couldn't get him in as soon as Saleh, I'm not sure a panic hire of someone else is the correct response.  I'll freely admit that's of course pure conjecture, but so are the freak-outs that have already begun about the lack of an announcement on Saleh.

good points I get the fact we don't need to be melting down just yet. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I know he’s on their short list to interview, should Meyer turn them down.  Like us, they’re looking for the best coach, not the best offensive specialist.

It’s tough to say though.

Personally, I think Jacksonville is the first domino that needs to fall because I think Daboll has the LAC job all but locked up and that makes us the most desirable job left.  If Meyer takes the job and Daboll goes to LA, I think we get our guy.

There you go, that’s the Spirit!

It’s sad that I am almost 50 years old and can’t get away from Instant Need Gratification.

Perhaps someday but not til we find out who the darn coach is going to be.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Before anyone asks, it wasn’t money or years that caused things to “change”, which is what I was concerned about.  It was one party saying to the other that they still want to explore all of their options.

Well that’s the key, these are big decisions. Life changing decisions in a crazy world. I guess we will all find out soon enough.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Before anyone asks, it wasn’t money or years that caused things to “change”, which is what I was concerned about.  It was one party saying to the other that they still want to explore all of their options.  That is what I’ve been told in the last few hours.

Not surprising at all.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Before anyone asks, it wasn’t money or years that caused things to “change”, which is what I was concerned about.  It was one party saying to the other that they still want to explore all of their options.  That is what I’ve been told in the last few hours.

Do you think it was moreso on Saleh's side, or the NY Jets in terms of still exploring other options? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Before anyone asks, it wasn’t money or years that caused things to “change”, which is what I was concerned about.  It was one party saying to the other that they still want to explore all of their options.  That is what I’ve been told in the last few hours.

So Saleh turned down the Jets

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Do you think it was moreso on Saleh's side, or the NY Jets in terms of still exploring other options? 

Saleh.

Again, I have no connections to anyone in Detroit, but a report came out a few hours ago from their local media that he’s been keeping in touch with them so it didn’t shock me to hear that.

Personally, I think he wants to see if the Lions are really interested in hiring him before making a final decision.  It’s his childhood team and home area.  I believe he still has family there.  They may hire the GM candidate he wanted to work with last year when he was taking interviews.  I don’t think he has any opposition to us.  In fact, I’ve heard that he would love this job.  I just think he has deep rooted love for Detroit.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

That is not what he said at all. 

It’s exactly what he said.

he said an offer was made (which has to come from Jets 

and that one side decided to keep looking at their options (unless the jets recinded their offer that was Saleh)

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Saleh.

Again, I have no connections to anyone in Detroit, but a report came out a few hours ago from their local media that he’s been keeping in touch with them so it didn’t shock me to hear that.

Personally, I think he wants to see if the Lions are really interested in hiring him before making a final decision.  It’s his childhood team and home area.  I believe he still has family there.  They may hire the GM candidate he wanted to work with last year when he was taking interviews.  I don’t think he has any opposition to us.  In fact, I’ve heard that he would love this job.  I just think he has deep rooted love for Detroit.

If we made an offer and Saleh turned us down he can eat rocks 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, QB1 said:

It’s exactly what he said.

he said an offer was made (which has to come from Jets 

and that one side decided to keep looking at their options (unless the jets recinded their offer that was Saleh)

If you can't comprehend the english language as it is written, I can't help you. Just spin words into your own interpretation, have at it.

YOU said Saleh "TURNED DOOWN THE JETS". As if the door was closed. But, keep going on. Geez.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, QB1 said:

It’s exactly what he said.

he said an offer was made (which has to come from Jets 

and that one side decided to keep looking at their options (unless the jets recinded their offer that was Saleh)

The Jets did, in fact, want to get this done today.  Saleh is still their preferred coach as far as I know.  Saleh didn’t turn them down in the sense that he will not take this job.  We are still very much in play.  He just doesn’t want to commit to the first offer on the table.  As I said above, I believe he still has hope that he can get his “ideal” situation (GM he loves, hometown team) in the Lions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The Jets did, in fact, want to get this done today.  Saleh is still their preferred coach as far as I know.  Saleh didn’t turn them down in the sense that he will not take this job.  We are still very much in play.  He just doesn’t want to commit to the first offer on the table.  As I said above, I believe he still has hope that he can get his “ideal” situation (GM he loves, hometown team) in the Lions.

@Scott Dierking Told you 

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The Jets did, in fact, want to get this done today.  Saleh is still their preferred coach as far as I know.  Saleh didn’t turn them down in the sense that he will not take this job.  He just doesn’t want to commit to the first offer on the table.  As I said above, I believe he still has hope that he can get his “ideal” situation (GM he loves, hometown team) in the Lions.

Sounds like, as I said earlier today, the jets should know on Saleh within 48 hours. Can't ask for more than that.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Sounds like, as I said earlier today, the jets should know on Saleh within 48 hours. Can't ask for more than that.

Detroit is, in my opinion, the wildcard that will determine things.  I have zero idea what he thinks about other organizations or how his current interview is going, but both me and my guy can’t imagine that he would take the other, presumably available (not including Jax or LA), situations over us, particularly Philly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

Detroit is, in my opinion, the wildcard that will determine things.  I have zero idea what he thinks about other organizations or how his current interview is going, but both me and my guy can’t imagine that he would take the other, presumably available, situations over us, particularly Philly.

The Jets would be fools to give Saleh an unlimited timeframe for making a decision. I don't think that is the way they would handle this, if he is their #1.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...