Jump to content

Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Jets would be fools to give Saleh an unlimited timeframe for making a decision. I don't think that is the way they would handle this, if he is their #1.

I absolutely agree, which is why I believe they are steamrolling on with their own process.  The last thing they should do is get stuck with their plan C because they waited for the bride to come back to the altar.

If Smith is just as impressive in his second interview, get it done and start building a staff.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s because the “other guy in the room” was Maccagnan.  So CJ did know more than the other guy.  

Don’t fear being wrong. You took a swing based on legitimate info; and apparently it’s what is being heard around the league. Kudos to you, regardless of what happens. 

According to Ian Rapoport and Peter Schrager, Saleh arrived last night and met with some of the people from the Jets organization and is now meeting with Christopher Johnson this morning.  He wil

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Detroit is, in my opinion, the wildcard that will determine things.  I have zero idea what he thinks about other organizations or how his current interview is going, but both me and my guy can’t imagine that he would take the other, presumably available, situations over us, particularly Philly.

Thanks Mogelz for all the info. Who is the GM candidate that Saleh would love to see hired in Detroit? If this person wasn’t hired in Detroit do you think he would still take the job? I know You don’t have contacts in Detroit but just wanted your thoughts. Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thanks Mogelz for all the info. Who is the GM candidate that Saleh would love to see hired in Detroit? If this person wasn’t hired in Detroit do you think he would still take the job? I know You don’t have contacts in Detroit but just wanted your thoughts. Thanks

Ed Dodds.

I truthfully don’t know.  Personal opinion?  Yeah, I think he would still take it.  The big question is does Detroit want him because there are conflicting reports in their media as to how his interview went.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Ed Dodds.

I truthfully don’t know.  Personal opinion?  Yeah, I think he would still take it.  The big question is does Detroit want him because there are conflicting reports in their media as to how his interview went.

Funny how the Jets view him as a leader of men and their top pick while Detroit may think an bad interview is enough to disqualify him. I wonder if it had something to do with Stanford’s future? The Ford family loves him. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Funny how the Jets view him as a leader of men and their top pick while Detroit may think an bad interview is enough to disqualify him. I wonder if it had something to do with Stanford’s future? The Ford family loves him. 

Meanwhile, there are reports the Lions are high on Todd Bowles. It’s getting nutty out there.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Funny how the Jets view him as a leader of men and their top pick while Detroit may think an bad interview is enough to disqualify him. I wonder if it had something to do with Stanford’s future? The Ford family loves him. 

Could be.  It wouldn’t shock me to see them want to bring a more offensive oriented guy given how badly they have been burned on hiring the “hot” defensive coordinator.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetsYanks13 said:


Meanwhile, there are reports the Lions are high on Todd Bowles. It’s getting nutty out there.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That would be just goofy.  That being said, go for it Detroit.  Send Robert back to us!

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Where else does saleh want to go? The lions and be the team thats “not the packers” in a burned out declining city? 

I’m not a football coach, but if I were and had a choice of coaching the team I rooted for as a kid or someone else that I barely have any connections or attachment to, I know where my heart would be.

It may not be the conventional or “smart” decision, but these guys are humans.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m perfectly fine with any of Saleh, Staley, Smith, Daboll or Eberflus.

Just about the only guy I would have a problem with that they’ve been confirmed to interview so far is Marvin Lewis.

Why everyone became so dead set on Saleh is beyond me.

These dudes are all assistant coaches that you’re projecting could possibly become quality HC’s. Every last one of them is a shot in the dark.

This is why guys like Harbaugh and Campbell and then Pederson when he was fired topped my list.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not a football coach, but if I were and had a choice of coaching the team I rooted for as a kid or someone else that I barely have any connections or attachment to, I know where my heart would be.

It may not be the conventional or “smart” decision, but these guys are humans.

If I had the opportunity to work for a team (would likely be medical/analytics/performance) the Jets would always be #1

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheMo said:

If I had the opportunity to work for a team (would likely be medical/analytics/performance) the Jets would always be #1

Yup.  It’s just engrained in us to be loyal to these stupid teams lol. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’m perfectly fine with any of Saleh, Staley, Smith, Daboll or Eberflus.

Just about the only guy I would have a problem with that they’ve been confirmed to interview so far is Marvin Lewis.

Why everyone became so dead set on Saleh is beyond me.

These dudes are all assistant coaches that you’re projecting could possibly become quality HC’s. Every last one of them is a shot in the dark.

This is why guys like Harbaugh and Campbell were at the top of my list.

I'm pretty much in agreement with this overall assessment, with the only exception being Daboll, who I think is by an excessively wide margin the worst of the coordinator candidates, considering his coaching career had been an unmitigated disaster prior to the past 4 months, and a wide range of evidence suggests his only real selling point wasn't even his own doing (considering Allen himself credits others for his improvement that occurred over the course of the same offseason that him and Daboll weren't even able to see each other).

Otherwise, while I can freely admit my opinion sways a bit here and there while reading things about the other candidates, I don't think there's a reason to get too obsessed with any one over the other, and the sudden infatuation with Saleh is nothing beyond people getting caught up in what happened over the past couple of days.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not a football coach, but if I were and had a choice of coaching the team I rooted for as a kid or someone else that I barely have any connections or attachment to, I know where my heart would be.

It may not be the conventional or “smart” decision, but these guys are humans.

Fair he’s a Michigan guy. But the lions....yikes. Say what you want about the Jets but the lions are one of those never been to a super bowl forever toilet Teams 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, QB1 said:

It’s exactly what he said.

he said an offer was made (which has to come from Jets 

and that one side decided to keep looking at their options (unless the jets recinded their offer that was Saleh)

Not matter what name you come back as the posts are the same.

Thats not what was said, that exactly what wasnt said.  He said an offer was discussed and then both sides decided to explore all their possibilities.   Wasnt that hard to grasp.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not matter what name you come back as the posts are the same.

Thats not what was said, that exactly what wasnt said.  He said an offer was discussed and then both sides decided to explore all their possibilities.   Wasnt that hard to grasp.  

What part of mogglez follow up post didn’t you understand? We wanted to close the deal today, Saleh wants to wait for the lions. For someone that claims they don’t want Saleh you sure are desperately trying to hold on to hope.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TheMo said:

@Mogglez any word on Brady? I’m not even gonna ask about pederson as that seems dead in the water despite him being my number one lol

I’ve haven’t heard anything imminent on Brady. 

As for Pederson, I saw some reports today that he might take the year off. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I was told that there was an initial offer but as talks went down things changed, which is totally normal in negotiations.  I can’t stress that enough.  Once that happened both sides agreed that they should continue their respective processes because it was clear that they weren’t going to get it done today.  At the end of the day, these are negotiations.

Before Jetsbb jumped down my friggin throat today I was set to explain this but I got so angry that I just logged off for a couple of hours and took a nap.

Thanks for the clarification. And don't mind any vocal minority here. The rest of us truly appreciate any privileged insight you are willing and able to share.  Thank you!

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

Thanks for the clarification. And don't mind any vocal minority here. The rest of us truly appreciate any privileged insight you are willing and able to share.  Thank you!

Appreciate it man.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, QB1 said:

What part of mogglez follow up post didn’t you understand? We wanted to close the deal today, Saleh wants to wait for the lions. For someone that claims they don’t want Saleh you sure are desperately trying to hold on to hope.

All the parts that you butchered in your recap.

Quote

as talks went down things changed, which is totally normal in negotiations.  I can’t stress that enough.  Once that happened both sides agreed that they should continue their respective processes because it was clear that they weren’t going to get it done today.  At the end of the day, these are negotiations.

We didnt want to close the deal, we wanted to continue the process and you didnt get that when it was clearly written.  

Along those lines, I've never come close to saying I didnt want Saleh, hes still on my list of who I do want.  

Youre 0-2

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

All the parts that you butchered in your recap.

We didnt want to close the deal, we wanted to continue the process and you didnt get that when it was clearly written.  

Along those lines, I've never come close to saying I didnt want Saleh, hes still on my list of who I do want.  

Youre 0-2

Keep dreaming bud 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:


Meanwhile, there are reports the Lions are high on Todd Bowles. It’s getting nutty out there.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Todd Bowles has 3 HC interviews.  Guys like Saleh, Eberflus and possibly Staley are interviewing.  This whole idea that only offensive guys are going to get looks for HC jobs is fading quickly after a brief hyper-focus on O guys like Shanahan, McVay led to push for Kingsbury, LaFleur and others.

Teams want the best football coach, not the best offensive football coach.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Whatever helps you sleep tonight my friend 

Cant people like you ever just admit that you were wrong, or to save face say you didnt see it

But you'll just keep arguing while clearly wrong.  WTF.  Done, take a nap

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Cant people like you ever just admit that you were wrong, or to save face say you didnt see it

But you'll just keep arguing while clearly wrong.  WTF.  Done, take a nap

I’m not wrong. We wanted to close the deal, Saleh did not. I interpret that as being turned down, you apparently don’t.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, QB1 said:

I’m not wrong. We wanted to close the deal, Saleh did not. I interpret that as being turned down, you apparently don’t.

Because every report is they both wanted to explore all their options.  

Twice you read that, and youre still arguing.

You cant call it interpretation all you want, its just being wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Because every report is they both wanted to explore all their options.  

Twice you read that, and youre still arguing.

You cant call it interpretation all you want, its just being wrong.

Not sure what reports you’re talking about, I am reacting to Mogglez info. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because every report is they both wanted to explore all their options.  

Twice you read that, and youre still arguing.

You cant call it interpretation all you want, its just being wrong.

You do realize that if the Jets made an offer they wanted Saleh as the HC and Saleh decided to explore his options . Not sure how the Jets would make an offer then say they will explore options that's ******* ridiculous.

Just give it up already these petty arguments are getting really annoying and flooding the thread with trash

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You do realize that if the Jets made an offer they wanted Saleh as the HC and Saleh decided to explore his options . Not sure how the Jets would make an offer then say they will explore options that's ******* ridiculous.

Just give it up already these petty arguments are getting really annoying and flooding the thread with trash

And you do also realize that the case from Rogers along with Vacciano wasn't that the Jets made an offer and Saleh said he wanted to move on and explore his options?  The only reports from the press is that both sides want to explore their options.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...