Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He's never been a HC anywhere.  

Neither does your choice or any choice not named Pederson or Lewis.  

Yet those are the two who get the most meh votes.

Not the point, you asked for one DC over another DC based on their teams defensive ranking this year.  Not getting the HC reference.  You decide if they can make the transition in the interview process not by their D's ranking

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

sjm-saleh.jpg?w=640

If you like the rah-rah emotional sideline prancer, the Pete Carroll 1994 type, he's your man.

Updated List:

Pederson:  Yes
Daboll:  Yes
Brady:  Yes
Saleh:  Yes
Glenn:  Yes
---------
Bienemy:  NO
Lewis:  NO
Mullen:  NO
Martindale:  NO
---------
Graham:  Declined
Harbaugh:  Declined
Campbell:  Declined

SAR I

7B85C9C2-121F-4456-8025-C068848FDE09.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

So people love Kafka but question Bieniemy?? 

Not all people.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because he groomed Mahomes up close and personal?

This seems like something people made up. Cool if true, but it sounds more like how our fans rationalize unconscious bias.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wait, you needlessly called him out for all to see and now you’re telling me to check my aggression for teasing you about it?

I see. You’re one of those.

Kettle meet pot on both ends I guess. Regardless, I apologized to the dude not even an hour later, I guess maybe I should have notified you as well? 

59 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Saleh and Daboll are probably tied atop the coordinators list, so this makes sense to me.

I feel like it's going to come down to Saleh, Staley, and Brady for us

I'm surprised Brady was interviewed. He'd be on the bottom of my list. What in his short career has he done that makes you think he can manage an entire football team? I'm open to changing my mind. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Neither does you choice any choice not named Pederson or Lewis.  

Yet those are the two who get the most meh votes.

Not the point, you asked for one DC over another DC based on their teams defensive ranking this year.  Not getting the HC reference.  You decide if they can make the transition in the interview process not by their D's ranking

There are plenty of College HC out there and Don't be shocked if the Steelers allow teams to talk to Tomlin.  

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

There are plenty of College HC out there and Don't be shocked if the Steelers allow teams to talk to Tomlin.  

And there arent many college coaches who want to come to the NFL worth interviewing.   Throw in that very few college HCs make for good NFL HCs.  

I dont think its smart to let guys you interviewed sign with other teams while you sit around waiting to find out what the Steelers are going to do with Tomlin.  Or guessing what he would do if fired.

7 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Kettle meet pot on both ends I guess. Regardless, I apologized to the dude not even an hour later, I guess maybe I should have notified you as well? 

No, see I was teasing - you were genuinely being a doosher. Not pot/kettle.

You immediately projected your own charm onto my intent. I was just going for a chuckle from you. 

It’s you, brah.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

No, see I was teasing - you were genuinely being a doosher. Not pot/kettle.

You immediately projected your own charm onto my intent. I was just going for a chuckle from you. 

It’s you, brah.

Teasing. Sure lol. Whatever helps you sleep. 

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This seems like something people made up. Cool if true, but it sounds more like how our fans rationalize unconscious bias.

Hes the QB coach, Id think he helped Mahomes.  Mahomes speaks highly of him and how he pushes him.  Reid gives a lot of the credit to Kafka.  In fairness Mahomes credits Nagy and Kafka.  Its not just fans rationale, its from the horses mouth.  

22 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Please don't tease me. I dont want to see any more of this guy until he is our head coach. He seems like a guy that could have an actual plan. P L A N Plan! I'm sold!

I am offended you are showing the knock off Sargent Bilko  instead of the original with Phil Silvers.   ?

• Upvote 1

Saleh would give the team an identity/culture like they talked about wanting to instill with prospective candidates. Coming with Kafka or Lafleur definitely gives me encouragement on that side of the ball as well. Not a bad choice if that's the pick

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Icer said:

Saleh would give the team an identity/culture like they talked about wanting to install with prospective candidates. Coming with Kafka or Lafleur definitely gives me encouragement on that side of the ball as well. Not a bad choice if that's the pick

Whos the guy smiling in your avatar ?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.png.42802113d7077199c53380ca64ce5fd5.png

Rumors are Saleh would bring Kafka in to run the offense. Sounds like a dream team coaching staff could be in the process of being built together by Douglas 

For this to work out I would think we would need Bienemy to not get a HC job. It sounded like Kafka was next in line for the Chiefs OC and nobody in their right mind would pass on that for the same position with the Jets.