Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s because the “other guy in the room” was Maccagnan.  So CJ did know more than the other guy.  

Don’t fear being wrong. You took a swing based on legitimate info; and apparently it’s what is being heard around the league. Kudos to you, regardless of what happens. 

According to Ian Rapoport and Peter Schrager, Saleh arrived last night and met with some of the people from the Jets organization and is now meeting with Christopher Johnson this morning.  He wil

Posted Images

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo 14m

Saleh was initially thought to be a lock for the #Lions. I believe it might be #Jets or bust for him. He’s made it through to Round 2, so that’s a good sign for him.

Have a hard time seeing the Lions not going for Saleh. From Michigan, and the Fords, while as dumb as the Johnsons, have larger gobs of money. Seems obvious. 

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Way too young. He needs at least a couple more years of experience. 

A younger coach can probably relate better with the younger players, im sure he would look to add some veterans to his coaching staff

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Happy Clouds said:

I like it too, but it doesn’t necessarily make him the front runner.

Remember, teams can’t bring coaches for in person interviews yet, if their team is still in the playoffs.

There could still be other guys they are planning to bring in.

good point!

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

For this to work out I would think we would need Bienemy to not get a HC job. It sounded like Kafka was next in line for the Chiefs OC and nobody in their right mind would pass on that for the same position with the Jets.

good point but maybe he would to have more autonomy instead of being a "coffee fetcher" like the cool kids here say....

47 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

So people love Kafka but question Bieniemy?? 

I'm pretty well documented on giving Bieniemy a chance but Bieneimy as HC and Kafka as OC are two entirely different conversations....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jetlife33 said:

I wouldn’t let him leave if I’m the Jets 

..not unless he signs a 4-5 year contract with us... BEFORE he leaves the building  😎 

• Like 1

Just a tiny bit of food for thought IF Saleh somehow becomes the next Jets HC.  One of his first tasks after assembling a staff will be to work with JD on the approach at QB, whether to keep Darnold, take someone at #2, etc.  Let's remember that Saleh defended against Sam Darnold in Week 2 vs. the 49ers, a 31-13 victory for SF.  Here is how Sam did...

869961288_ScreenShot2021-01-12at9_19_41AM.png.26690e2537640faedec0818585d4afe4.png

The positive here isn't that Sam played bad or played well.  It is that Saleh had a firsthand look at Darnold, prepared for a week for the Jets O, stood on the sideline with a front row seat to see how Darnold played.  Whether that would help or hurt Darnold I have no idea, but it will help the Jets in their decision-making and that's the most important thing.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

sjm-saleh.jpg?w=640

If you like the rah-rah emotional sideline prancer, the Pete Carroll 1994 type, he's your man.

Updated List:

Pederson:  Yes
Daboll:  Yes
Brady:  Yes
Saleh:  Yes
Glenn:  Yes
---------
Bienemy:  NO
Lewis:  NO
Mullen:  NO
Martindale:  NO
---------
Graham:  Declined
Harbaugh:  Declined
Campbell:  Declined

SAR I

Pete Carroll was not given a fair shake here.....      Saleh, gave me pause but after reading his bio, Im good. 

34 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

If the Jets truly want this guy you give him a contract today 🖊📃

I think the Jets are a more attractive opening than the Eagles at this particular moment in time.  Feel free to call me a homer.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Bruce Harper said:

I think the Jets are a more attractive opening than the Eagles at this particular moment in time.  Feel free to call me a homer.

The Eagles are definitely the worst HC opening. 75 million over the cap, QB controversy, old team, bad drafts, power hungry GM and irrational owner.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2017/06/06/robert-saleh-49ers-defensive-coordinator-arab-american

here’s a very good but very long read on Saleh by SI. Assuming it’s already been posted before but definitely worth a look if you haven’t read it. 

great Read long but very much worth a glimpse of our possible HC. Article make me even want him more now worked his way with Grit and determination and never wavered I'm down for this hire.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Larz said:

They could also promote Kafka to keep him 

I thought you cant block an assistant from becoming a OC, DC or STs coach anymore

3 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

We should anyway. 

Why?  Unless you just prefer grass, which wont happen because of two teams playing on it, after the early concerns it didnt seem to play any different that any other turf field

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why?  Unless you just prefer grass, which wont happen because of two teams playing on it, after the early concerns it didnt seem to play any different that any other turf field

More injuries.

2 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

More injuries.

Dont think that proved out.  It was one game where SF had injuries and some of their players questioned the new turf.  NFL came in and it checked out fine

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Great...

An the next coordinator soon to be 1st time head coach of the NYJ is..................

You would rather have Marvin "I can't and won't ever win a playoff game" Lewis??

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Shanahan's comments -- since they are kind of tough to see in tweet above:

SOLD!!  Old dogs like Lewis won't work with this generation of players.

• Confused 1