Jets Sign WR Manasseh Bailey

The Jets have signed WR Manasseh Bailey to a reserve/future deal.

Bailey (6-1, 195), signed with the Eagles in May 2020 as an undrafted free agent out of Morgan State, was cut at the end of training camp and spent time with the Chargers' practice squad in the 2020 season.

He had 996 receiving yards in the 2019 season. His 10 TDs ranked third in the Mid-Eastern Atlantic Conference and his No. 4 with 54 catches. Bailey, who converted from LB to WR his sophomore season in 2017, had 73 receptions, 1,369 yards and 14 TDs in 22 games for the Bears. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.39 seconds.

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I don't want to say it because he's gone.  And I saw him live once.  And I wish I hadn't.  He was toast and never should have played live again.  Make records yes.  But never tour.

Yeah, me, too.  One of the greatest bluesmen became a ghost of himself.  Very sad.

• Upvote 3

Just now, munchmemory said:

Yeah, me, too.  One of the greatest bluesmen became a ghost of himself.  Very sad.

Don't get me wrong.  I love Peter Green.  Green & Guitar was one of the first guitar albums I ever bought.  But I thought the appreciation concert they put together right before he died was perfect.  It showed how so many other artists love him and his music.  I wish Rory Gallagher got that before he died.  Instead of being locked up in a London hotel with his road gear, some records and a bunch of fading memories.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

Don't get me wrong.  I love Peter Green.  Green & Guitar was one of the first guitar albums I ever bought.  But I thought the appreciation concert they put together right before he died was perfect.  It showed how so many other artists love him and his music.  I wish Rory Gallagher got that before he died.  Instead of being locked up in a London hotel with his road gear, some records and a bunch of fading memories.

Saw Rory a few times back in the 70s.  One of my all-time faves, too.  Terrible how he ended up.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Saw Rory a few times back in the 70s.  One of my all-time faves, too.  Terrible how he ended up.

A luthier I used to get my guitar's fixed and modded by once asked me who I liked to listen to.  And I said, "Rory Gallagher."  He said, "Oh.  I partied him with him once after a Rod Stewart concert once.  We followed them to their hotel room and threw a brick through their window.  They came out to see who was causing the racked and we ended up partying all night!"  Rock n' roll hunh?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

A luthier I used to get my guitar's fixed and modded once asked me who I liked to listen to.  And I said, "Rory Gallagher."  He said, "Oh.  I partied him with him once after s Rod Stewart concert once.  We followed them to their hotel room and threw a brick through their window.  They came out to see who was causing the racked and we ended up partying all night!"  Rock n' roll hunh?

lol  What a fantastic story.  Only back in that era.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

A luthier I used to get my guitar's fixed and modded by once asked me who I liked to listen to.  And I said, "Rory Gallagher."  He said, "Oh.  I partied him with him once after a Rod Stewart concert once.  We followed them to their hotel room and threw a brick through their window.  They came out to see who was causing the racked and we ended up partying all night!"  Rock n' roll hunh?

I know a kid who threw a brick through my h.s. window. He spent 6 months in juvie. Rock and roll for eva.