Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Works for some, doesn’t work for others. Plus the lack of one forces his hand more, plus he’s got the cap space. Not saying it’ll happen, but no one should be shocked unless he’s dead set on taking a QB that early. Sounds like he isn’t yet, and the next HC and the combine may change or reinforce how he currently feels. 

So it’s 50-50 we trade Darnold. That’s better than 51-49 % we keep him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fine with the trade down and fine with taking wyatt davis with the seattle pick, i am not okay taking slater with our top pick. I would be enraged at passing on Pitts, D smith and waddle for

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-rolfe-january/2/ Jets get 2 #1's, 2 #2's and a little more for swapping picks with Carolina.  2 OL selected in the first ro

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think it’s a 50-50 on Darnold returning, and not to mean duh it’s a binary choice.

I’d be very surprised either way if they didn’t bring in a QB they could start for 16 games. Many fans will scream about the wasted spending to throw like $15MM on Trubisky or Brissett - and maybe they’re right or will be right in hindsight - but don’t be shocked if/when it happens, just so Darnold (or a rookie) isn’t handed a free pass to start the whole season.

Trubisky will be a great pickup for whoever does. He is an excellent candidate for a rebound.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Trubisky will be a great pickup for whoever does. He is an excellent candidate for a rebound.

i see trubisky and darnold as basically even with a new HC and offense.  that's not an apparent upgrade at all.  i'd rather have darnold from his rookie year than trubisky now.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i see trubisky and darnold as basically even with a new HC and offense.  that's not an apparent upgrade at all.  i'd rather have darnold from his rookie year than trubisky now.  

We will see :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

WTF mods delete this. Totally inappropriate 

Stunt man I presume look at the fire retardant gloves he's wearing. 

Calm down no need to get your panties in a bunch. 

Suck it up buttercup. 

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I really don't get why people keep thinking Robinson is going to sign with a rebuilding team

Considering how much money we have to spend, and all our draft capital. this team could be completely turned around in two years. Douglas needs to sell that to a Thuney and a Robinson.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

So it’s 50-50 we trade Darnold. That’s better than 51-49 % we keep him.

I have no idea. At this stage any glowing comments about Fields/Wilson/other is an indirect dig at Darnold. Until such time that Darnold's officially on the trade market, I think - leaks aside - I expect Douglas is going to be mum on any/all QB draft prospects. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I have no idea. At this stage any glowing comments about Fields/Wilson/other is an indirect dig at Darnold. Until such time that Darnold's officially on the trade market, I think - leaks aside - I expect Douglas is going to be mum on any/all QB draft prospects. 

for the foreseeable future, the jets have to play both sides of it.  on the one hand they have to pump up the value of fields and anyone else in the draft to inflate the trade value of the 2 spot.  on the other they have to continue to float the idea that darnold is still a good talent in case they trade him.  so we're going to hear nice things about everyone right up until douglas trades someone, because he's not keeping the 2 pick and darnold.  something will be traded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jgb said:

Trubisky will be a great pickup for whoever does. He is an excellent candidate for a rebound.

Maybe. He's at least capable of staring for several games or a single season if needed, without the whole team - certainly the whole defense - feeling dejected to the tune of, "Holy f*** this guy sucks ass. Why bother?" They can handle a game manager's limited upside, even if he doesn't get their pulse racing imo. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Maybe. He's at least capable of staring for several games or a single season if needed, without the whole team - certainly the whole defense - feeling dejected to the tune of, "Holy f*** this guy sucks ass. Why bother?" They can handle a game manager's limited upside, even if he doesn't get their pulse racing imo. 

Trubisky or Darnold: who do you think has the better career going forward?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

As I have said before, it would take a miracle for Sam to play so well, the Jets would feel comfortable  going long term with him but if Douglas doesn't  like what he sees in the draft, I don't  see anything wrong with going with Sam for another year. It might be the first year we actually get a normal evaluation  of the guy. Mono and pandemic seasons are not really what anyone should  be judged by. 

Or sign a vet from the NFL ranks until youre hopefully in the position to draft one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

for the foreseeable future, the jets have to play both sides of it.  on the one hand they have to pump up the value of fields and anyone else in the draft to inflate the trade value of the 2 spot.  on the other they have to continue to float the idea that darnold is still a good talent in case they trade him.  so we're going to hear nice things about everyone right up until douglas trades someone, because he's not keeping the 2 pick and darnold.  something will be traded.

They really dont have to do a thing.  Anyone who wants a guaranteed chance at either Fields or Lawrence has only one spot to trade up to.  

Jets dont have to say a word, let them guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Trubisky or Darnold: who do you think has the better career going forward?

As of today I wouldn't make a serious investment in or bet on either one. Trubisky may suffice for a season if we're passing on a QB this year. Trubisky seems to be a borderline starter (so long as he has an Allen Robinson at the top of his game and a favorable schedule as well) to get through a season without winning but you're not going anywhere with him. 

Look at Trubisky's 2020 games not the season total. His good outings: two against Detroit, one against Houston, one against Jacksonville, and one against Minnesota. That string of opponents is a QB's delight. 

He threw a couple TDs vs Green Bay, but they were both in garbage time after GB already took a 41-10 lead in the 4th quarter.

He sucks. Thus far Darnold sucks, too. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

As of today I wouldn't make a serious investment in or bet on either one. Trubisky may suffice for a season if we're passing on a QB this year. Trubisky seems to be a borderline starter (so long as he has an Allen Robinson at the top of his game and a favorable schedule as well) to get through a season without winning but you're not going anywhere with him. 

Look at Trubisky's 2020 games not the season total. His good outings: two against Detroit, one against Houston, one against Jacksonville, and one against Minnesota. That string of opponents is a QB's delight. 

He threw a couple TDs vs Green Bay, but they were both in garbage time after GB already took a 41-10 lead in the 4th quarter.

He sucks. Thus far Darnold sucks, too. 

I think he'll prove many wrong. He'll never be Mahomes but he has a good chance to be a Tannehill. 

But anyway, I hope Jets draft a QB. If not, well I don't think anyone will like our QBs next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...