Jump to content

Arthur Smith coming In Tonight


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He looks like a fat Nicolas Cage

JD has said he wants to conduct 73 interviews. Oh, and bring on the ole 96er!

Posted Images

21 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

He’s a very good coach and I love the way the Titans play football - by far my favorite offense to watch. I’m not sure what his energy is like but that’s what gives Saleh the edge for me

He is a chillaxed kind of guy so that would lead most to believe he is not a fit for New York.  I do not agree with that, his game planning skills are exceptional and players love to play for him.  If he is paired with Marvin Lewis and a titans assistant that would a good hire...like former Jet WR and current WR coach Rob Moore!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arthur Smith will bond with Blank and sign with the Falcons.  

He will see their ownership as being more competent, and he can stay in the South.  

I think if Saleh gets a fair offer from the Chargers he will take it.  But they are also cheap.  

I think the Jets are going to get the leftovers.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, varjet said:

Arthur Smith will bond with Blank and sign with the Falcons.  

He will see their ownership as being more competent, and he can stay in the South.  

I think if Saleh gets a fair offer from the Chargers he will take it.  But they are also cheap.  

I think the Jets are going to get the leftovers.  

image.thumb.png.073bdc583d7d6c3500ab6449dbcb9728.png

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats interesting is we don’t here anything  about the Jets bringing anyone else in.... seems odd after the back to back smith and saleh visits. My guess is they are currently in negotiations with one or both... If not, by tomorrow am, we should hear of any upcoming visits..

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Whats interesting is we don’t here anything  about the Jets bringing anyone else in.... seems odd after the back to back smith and saleh visits. My guess is they are currently in negotiations with one or both... If not, by tomorrow am, we should hear of any upcoming visits..

Or no more visits until after this weekend's games are over (coaches from the losing teams)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

This just goes with how much fans love fire-and-brimstone coaches, yet that is not always the right fit. Fans want fire. Often, players like calm. 

There’s a Sports Science episode on this topic. They have basketball players shooting free throws with the two coaching styles as the only variable.

It turns out to be a coin flip. Half of the players respond better to an aggressive/demanding coaching style; half respond better to passive/supportive  coaching style. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, varjet said:

Arthur Smith will bond with Blank and sign with the Falcons.  

He will see their ownership as being more competent, and he can stay in the South.  

I think if Saleh gets a fair offer from the Chargers he will take it.  But they are also cheap.  

I think the Jets are going to get the leftovers.  

Hmm leftovers like daboll, joe Brady, Staley and wink?  Pretty tasty if you ask me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Dominoes starting to fall?

Making me slightly nervous. I don't want the Hapsburg heir, so I don't care what Atlanta does... but the dominoes are falling.

But clearly the Chargers are a good job with Herbert at the helm and a fairly talented defense... when healthy (lookin' at you Bosa and Derwin).

And the Lions are Saleh's hometown team.

I'm getting paranoid visions of Marvin Lewis coaching and drafting five techniques in the first round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Making me slightly nervous. I don't want the Hapsburg heir, so I don't care what Atlanta does... but the dominoes are falling.

But clearly the Chargers are a good job with Herbert at the helm and a fairly talented defense... when healthy (lookin' at you Bosa and Derwin).

And the Lions are Saleh's hometown team.

I'm getting paranoid visions of Marvin Lewis coaching and drafting five techniques in the first round.

I think the Chargers and Daboll is all but official at this point.

Detroit is the wildcard.  I know they were high on Smith as well.  The local media there seems to believe that they are high on Lewis themselves, along with Staley so where they decide to pivot after Smith will be huge for our search.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Would be super happy if Smith went to Atlanta. Feels like Adam Gase II. 

This is a weird thing to read when the whole draw of Arthur Smith as a candidate is that he was able to resurrect the career of Ryan Tannehill, a QB who struggled to find consistency with Adam Gase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think the Chargers and Daboll is all but official at this point.

Detroit is the wildcard.  I know they were high on Smith as well.  The local media there seems to believe that they are high on Lewis themselves, along with Staley so where they decide to pivot after Smith will be huge for our search.

Who cares who the F they hire now!

AHHHH!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...