Rapoport: Jets set for Face-to-Face Interview With Arthur Smith Tonight

JetNation

Arthur-Smith-scaled.jpg

After it seems the Jets lost out on San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinatory Robert Saleh in their bid to land a new head coach, the team is turning to Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith, who according to Rich Cimini of ESPN New York, is the Jets second choice.

The #Falcons had a second interview today with #Titans OC Arthur Smith, who then flew to New York to have dinner tonight with #Jets brass, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. Next up for Smith: The #Eagles on Thursday and #Lions on Friday. A red-hot head-coaching candidate.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 13, 2021

Smith has two years of experience as an offensive coordinator under head coach Mike Vrabel in Tennessee where Derrick Henry has turned the Titans in to one of the top offenses in the NFL under Smith.

The post Rapoport: Jets set for Face-to-Face Interview With Arthur Smith Tonight appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
vwEJ3fY8dcw

Click here to read the full story...

Obvious timing is obvious. Leaning toward an offer was made to Saleh and they're in a game of chicken, now. Doubt the hold up is assistant-veto or other whacky preconditions, I think Jets learned their lesson last time around. Probably money.

2 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

The Jets went after Saleh hard and fast because they figured he was gettable and he's going to take the job because he is. This is just for appearances.

Not making absolute statements but things are lining up to look that way. Jets announcement that Saleh has left the building to Smith is coming in (which had to have been planned at least half a day in advance, likely more) were timed suspiciously apart from each other to fit the time it takes to fly from NYC to Florida, where Saleh is headed to meet Lurie.

5 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

Usually we approach these hirings as meek 12 year old pimple face babies 

JD ain’t having it. I don’t care who you are or where you’re from. Go interview everywhere you want. You’d be lucky if we chose you. 

Yup. Let me share a little something I've learned about negotiating. When you're buying a house (assuming you're married) you need to do two things. #1: make sure you tell your wife not to express over enthusiasm for any of them to either agent, they both have incentive to max price; and #2 do your best to have your wife fall in love with at least 2 houses before you even start to negotiate. Otherwise, prepare to get barrel bent.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

JD ain’t having it. I don’t care who you are or where you’re from. Go interview everywhere you want. You’d be lucky if we chose you. 

Lol nobody appreciates that mentally more I than do. Trust me. I coached and that was the way I ran the team... but gotta be careful on how the big the checks you write are. 

4 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Didn't know where to post, but may fit here. Bigger slate of second interviews expected. 

Wow the Johnsons finally get a second line to add to their CV under "Came out of the right weiner:" Trendsetter.

24 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This really makes a lot of sense. 

I know it won't have much of an effect, but it really should calm folks down. 

Not really the majority of the board is happiest when they are whining.. Then of course whoever is hired they can whine why the other guy should have been picked..:soapbox:

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Yup. Let me share a little something I've learned about negotiating. When you're buying a house (assuming you're married) you need to do two things. #1: make sure you tell your wife not to express over enthusiasm for any of them to either agent, they both have incentive to max price; and #2 do your best to have your wife fall in love with at least 2 houses before you even start to negotiate. Otherwise, prepare to get barrel bent.

100%

Or just tell your wife, "Pick a car.... I'll pick the house."  :D

I'd save more money that way. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Not making absolute statements but things are lining up to look that way. Jets announcement that Saleh has left the building to Smith is coming in (which had to have been planned at least half a day in advance, likely more) were timed suspiciously apart from each other to fit the time it takes to fly from NYC to Florida, where Saleh is headed to meet Lurie.

I think I saw this episode on Law & Order.

• Haha 2