dbatesman

Lombardi: Meyer to Jaguars

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Indeed.

my point is although I don’t think Meyer or any coach is choosing on one factor, but

#1 w Lawrence is taking a substantial chunk of the pie

i cannot say whether or not meyer would have gone to jax if they picked 2nd instead of 1st

that said, i am very confident that meyer would not have been the jets coach if we had the 1st pick.  i don't think douglas had any interest in him, and i highly doubt meyer had any interest in coaching the jets, even with TL and the #1 pick

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What you posted is your fault, and there is no shortage of fault in just that.

No one here gets it more consistently wrong, or as loudly wrong, as you do.

Says the professional poster critic who never has made a prediction or took a stand on anything for the last 20 years.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Says the professional poster critic who never has made a prediction or took a stand on anything for the last 20 years.

SAR I

I predicted Gase would suck.

Guess I beat you there.

Also, "never make a prediction", lol. 🤣

You were wrong, badly, loudly, consistently, and with duration . 

You're gonna have to live with that for a while.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

i cannot say whether or not meyer would have gone to jax if they picked 2nd instead of 1st

that said, i am very confident that meyer would not have been the jets coach if we had the 1st pick.  i don't think douglas had any interest in him, and i highly doubt meyer had any interest in coaching the jets, even with TL and the #1 pick

The power of Johnson suckage is strong enough for me not to bother debating your point. *nod and tips the cap

29 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You’ll be more excited about any current interviews over Meyer ? Really?

i think he’s weird too but there is no way

Correct.  I don't want a guy who will only be here for about 3 years, whether he has success or not.  

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Correct.  I don't want a guy who will only be here for about 3 years, whether he has success or not.  

Very Parcells-esque indeed. Ok fair enough but I would have been excited as much of a psycho I think he is

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I predicted Gase would suck.

Guess I beat you there.

Also, "never make a prediction", lol. 🤣

You were wrong, badly, loudly, consistently, and with duration . 

You're gonna have to live with that for a while.

Yeah, discussion forums have never been that important to me to care about any reputation or degree of accuracy, I find it funny when others do.  Like the NFL itself, it's a fluid situation, we live in the moment.  Forums are a form of entertainment.  Alternate views are encouraged.  It leads to great debate, the entire point of the medium.  

You used to be my favorite poster.  When you actually used to have a point of view on the Jets themselves.  Now you just criticize other posters.  I get that's your shtick, but it would be nice if you'd come down from your judgmental perch and have fun with the rest of us.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Very Parcells-esque indeed. Ok fair enough but I would have been excited as much of a psycho I think he is

You?  identifying positively with a psycho?  Can't be.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, discussion forums have never been that important to me.....

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You used to be my favorite poster.  When you actually used to have a point of view on the Jets themselves.  Now you just criticize other posters.  I get that's your shtick, but it would be nice if you'd come down from your judgmental perch and have fun with the rest of us.

SAR I

The irony of you calling out anyone elses schtick, it's just too much.  Lol.  And again, "no opinion on the Jets", riiiiiiight, lol. 🤣

It's ok SAR, you're the guy who was literally "Mr. Gase and Darnold", a reputational stain that will follow you for all time here at JN, be assured.  No one will forget it.  So you might want to get used to posters mocking you for it in the future.  It's gonna be a thing.

But it's cool, because you don't care, so surely you won't respond to tit when it gets raised, right?  Because you don't care.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Urban was at UF for 6 seasons and Ohio State for 7.

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The irony of you calling out anyone elses schtick, it's just too much. 

The shoe fits.

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's ok SAR, you're the guy who was literally "Mr. Gase and Darnold", a reputational stain that will follow you for all time here at JN, be assured.  No one will forget it.  So you might want to get used to posters mocking you for it in the future.  It's gonna be a thing.

One would think that someone with your supposed intelligence could figure out that someone who likes to make bold predictions doesn't fret over the consequences of being wrong.  Locked up in a pandemic for 10 months I had the most entertaining offseason and regular season I've ever had in a Jets discussion forum.  It's a form of entertainment.  It served its purpose.

56 minutes ago, Warfish said:

But it's cool, because you don't care, so surely you won't respond to tit when it gets raised, right?  Because you don't care.

The Jedi Mind Tricks don't work on me.  You should ask yourself why you became so nasty and joyless.  You didn't used to be this way.  

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The shoe fits.

One would think that someone with your supposed intelligence could figure out that someone who likes to make bold predictions doesn't fret over the consequences of being wrong.  Locked up in a pandemic for 10 months I had the most entertaining offseason and regular season I've ever had in a Jets discussion forum.  It's a form of entertainment.  It served its purpose.

The Jedi Mind Tricks don't work on me.  You should ask yourself why you became so nasty and joyless.  You didn't used to be this way.  

SAR I

You're writing an awful lot of words for someone who doesn't care.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're writing an awful lot of words for someone who doesn't care.

You're writing an awful lot of words for someone you don't care about.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Here’s the difference. When some of us are wrong we just admit it and move on. A sign of reasonability and normal human fallibility. I thought Josh Rosen was going to be great. I could sit here and make a million excuses as to how I was right but he was screwed by circumstance. Here’s the thing though...I was wrong, no two ways about it. @Warfishtotally predicted the dominance of the Patrick Ramsey. Difference is we harass him and joke about and he rolls with the punches instead of dying on a hill over it. 
 You come off as self righteous about your opinions and refuse to concede when you are wrong. So people give you a hard time. Look in the mirror. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who said I don't care about you?

“All luv fam.”

3 minutes ago, TheMo said:

Here’s the difference. When some of us are wrong we just admit it and move on. A sign of reasonability and normal human fallibility. I thought Josh Rosen was going to be great. I could sit here and make a million excuses as to how I was right but he was screwed by circumstance. Here’s the thing though...I was wrong, no two ways about it. @Warfishtotally predicted the dominance of the Patrick Ramsey. Difference is we harass him and joke about and he rolls with the punches instead of dying on a hill over it. 
 You come off as self righteous about your opinions and refuse to concede when you are wrong. So people give you a hard time. Look in the mirror. 

Wait, Patrick Ramsey isn't in the HOF?

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Warfish                                                    SAR I

Napoleon Dynamite Fighting GIF

Me

Bill Hader Reaction GIF

When I see these two fighting and just jump in like the crazy fool that I am:

tenor.gif?itemid=13662617

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Who said I don't care about you?

OnlyFans?

SAR I

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TheMo said:

And then blame someone else?  The new schtick, Douglas ruined Gase.  

Therefore he isnt wrong!

• Haha 1