NFL Coaching & GM Carousel Updates and Predictions

3 hours ago, football guy said:

If things go according to plan the Jets will have a HC by Monday. If they don't then we know the process went yolo

So does this mean any candidates on teams that win this weekend are scratched off and will no longer be in consideration? Ie Staley, Glenn, Daboll, Bienemy? 

To the best of your info, if the Ravens lose Saturday could Wink be the choice for HC? 

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

I don't understand how folks can believe that Saleh spends the night in ny, has the steak, leaves and comes back 

He's gone you guys 

He's not really going out for a pack of smokes 

Wrong again.  You're like a rock.  Year after year.   Impressive. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Was that the news that either pushed the Jets or Saleh into bed together? Chips started to fall? News got out to the agents yesterday? I wonder who blinked?

I think it was Meyer to Jags getting done. Saleh was going to talk to them again after the Eagles, I believe. Jets pounced on Saleh, and Falcons took Smith. If you believe that Dabol is going to Chargers, leaves 2 jobs left for like 8 guys. I could see this leading to the NFL once again relaxing the ability of all coaches, regardless of playoffs, the chance to talk to teams, and receive offers.

I guess Atlanta and the others will be in full scramble mode now.  Smith to the Falcons?  Or Brady?

How about Detroit, they couldn't get a home grown son, Saleh, who's left that will take that job?  Bowles, Lewis, Pederson, the guys that the town criers had ticketed for the poor old Jets

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

I don't understand how folks can believe that Saleh spends the night in ny, has the steak, leaves and comes back 

He's gone you guys 

He's not really going out for a pack of smokes 

They're also not drafting Sewell. 

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I guess Atlanta and the others will be in full scramble mode now.  Smith to the Falcons?  Or Brady?

How about Detroit, they couldn't get a home grown son, Saleh, who's left that will take that job?  Bowles, Lewis, Pederson, the guys that the town criers had ticketed for the poor old Jets

The lions list of interviews are an oof-fest: Marvin Lewis, Eric Bienemy, Bevell, Bowles, and Dan Campbell. Saleh and Smith also interviewed but have received job offers. Yikes. 

Lions fans are hoping for Staley at this point.