Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, riggy001 said:

Anyone else catch him on wfan today? As these draft analysts go, i like him more than most because he was actually a scout for a period of time. Some key comments:  Has both Fields and wilson graded higher than Darnold, with Wilson being the highest. Has slater rated higher than Sewell. Not sure what JD will do at qb, believes new coach and system will have big impact on decision.

Pretty sure JD and Daniel Jeremiah are very close as well. He also had Becton as a t5 prospect last year where as most other analysts had him lower. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Anyone else catch him on wfan today? As these draft analysts go, i like him more than most because he was actually a scout for a period of time. Some key comments:  Has both Fields and wilson graded higher than Darnold, with Wilson being the highest. Has slater rated higher than Sewell. Not sure what JD will do at qb, believes new coach and system will have big impact on decision.

I like Daniel as well.  

Makes sense to get the input from the new coach before making a San decision but I'm hoping that he has a strong take on what he would like to do already.   If they are higher graded  than Sam then you have to go with a QB in the draft but its only Daniel's opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

DJ IMO is the best draft analyst out there. He seems to be way more plugged in to what teams draft boards look like than most media mocks you’ll see.

I’ve said it before, he had Trey Lance as his QB1 going into this season... ahead of Trevor Lawrence. Obviously with the 1 game showcase this season guys have been able to pass him. But I think when workouts/combines start happening you’re going to head a lot more about Trey Lance.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

DJ IMO is the best draft analyst out there. He seems to be way more plugged in to what teams draft boards look like than most media mocks you’ll see.

I’ve said it before, he had Trey Lance as his QB1 going into this season... ahead of Trevor Lawrence. Obviously with the 1 game showcase this season guys have been able to pass him. But I think when workouts/combines start happening you’re going to head a lot more about Trey Lance.

I agree, and don't think it's even close.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Jerimiah  was on Eisen a year ago saying he'd take Darnold over every young QB in the NFL. 

 

not necessarily a bad line of thought ... doubtful that any would have succeeded in this environment the last 3 years

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I put this in another thread - said he has been around great O-lineman (Joe Thomas and Ogden) and Sewell is NOT a generational talent. Not even his top tackle. He also said Chase was a better prospect than Smith. He feels Wilson goes through his progressions better than Fields and I think Darnold if I remember correctly. 

Correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I put this in another thread - said he has been around great O-lineman (Joe Thomas and Ogden) and Sewell is NOT a generational talent. Not even his top tackle. He also said Chase was a better prospect than Smith. He feels Wilson goes through his progressions better than Fields and I think Darnold if I remember correctly. 

I'm going to have to listen to  Jerimiah more.  Iagree with all of this.  Add to it that Sewell hasn't played in a year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I put this in another thread - said he has been around great O-lineman (Joe Thomas and Ogden) and Sewell is NOT a generational talent. Not even his top tackle. He also said Chase was a better prospect than Smith. He feels Wilson goes through his progressions better than Fields and I think Darnold if I remember correctly. 

Yeah, no way Sewell is the pick. It’s so early but going with my gut I think Wilson is the pick 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wilson will be the better QB.

Not sure what the disdain for Wilson is around here...

Soft schedule, shoulder injuries, one year good player wonder so far, size, etc. 

I do think he has a better NFL pro game right now than someone like a Fields. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

Not to be pedantic, but Jeremiah said he had Wilson rated close to Darnold, but maybe a little higher. Didn’t seem overly enthusiastic about any of the non-Lawrence QBs, doing a pretty good rip job on Fields especially. IMO, the two most interesting things he said (as it pertains to the Jets) was that he, personally, doesn’t think drafting a receiver high is good value because you can get top receivers in Rd 2, and the Sewell thing. 

DeVonta Smith,JaMaar Chase,Jaylen Waddle won't be available in round 2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I was saying the same sh*t in the middle of last year, but it can't be overstated how bad Sam was this year. 

Fair enough but isn’t Jeremiah talking about them as prospects?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

The real question is why do a legitimate NFL scout have Justin/Wilson rated higher than Sewell and TV scouts have Justin going 15 overall? 🤔

HMMM.... the world may never know 

The TV scouts will change their analysis once they get info on what real scouts think.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not to be pedantic, but Jeremiah said he had Wilson rated close to Darnold, but maybe a little higher. Didn’t seem overly enthusiastic about any of the non-Lawrence QBs, doing a pretty good rip job on Fields especially. IMO, the two most interesting things he said (as it pertains to the Jets) was that he, personally, doesn’t think drafting a receiver high is good value because you can get top receivers in Rd 2, and the Sewell thing. 

So basically Draft Wilson to start over and take an OL with the Seattle pick. Sounds good to me. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jgb said:

 

Bro. If the standard to have a valid opinion is to have never been wrong don't make us bump some of your nico posts.

Nice job missing my point entirely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

So basically Draft Wilson to start over and take an OL with the Seattle pick. Sounds good to me. 

It was a pretty meh interview (Moose and Maggie), but I got the impression that if Jeremiah was picking for the Jets, he’s keeping Darnold and trading down.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

The TV scouts will change their analysis once the get info on what real scouts think.

Any real scout that gives talking heads any real insite into what a team is doing this time of year will be an ex-scout very quickly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh....As we know the real scouts are wrong all the time.  

While this is true, you’ll see the narrative change. People werent talking about Becton as a first round tackle until Jeremiah brought him up last year. The same is happening with Slater this year. And this is just the impact of 1 guy. Wait until they start hearing from the broader scouring community.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

While this is true, you’ll see the narrative change. People werent talking about Becton as a first round tackle until Jeremiah brought him up last year. The same is happening with Slater this year. And this is just the impact of 1 guy. Wait until they start hearing from the broader scouring community.

Fair enough.  Totally agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I was saying the same sh*t in the middle of last year, but it can't be overstated how bad Sam was this year. 

Right. There were a lot of reasons to think Sam still had tremendous upside in 2019, even if there were warning signs.

After this year? Yikes.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It was a pretty meh interview (Moose and Maggie), but I got the impression that if Jeremiah was picking for the Jets, he’s keeping Darnold and trading down.

If you read the thread, you would see your ‘impression’ is wrong....was on eisen and said he would draft wilson and start over

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...